• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Is Sol of any use for Apotheosis?

User Info: the_ice_phoenix

the_ice_phoenix
8 years ago#1
Generally, my units that have Sol also have access to (but have not equipped) Astra, Ignis, Armsthrift, All Stats+2 or a -faire skill. Are these better?

For bonus points: What are the best skills in order of usefulness for tank? (For brevity, please exclude any of the Vantage+anything combinations.)

User Info: Luminozero

Luminozero
8 years ago#2
Thanks to the prevalence of Aegis/Pavise, along with DragonSkin, it becomes more like a Band-Aid.

It CAN be useful, but I prefer healing on my own turn with one of those delicious Elixer weapons.
Democracy is a theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it, good and hard.
-H.L. Mencken

the_ice_phoenix
8 years ago#3
Luminozero posted...
Thanks to the prevalence of Aegis/Pavise, along with DragonSkin, it becomes more like a Band-Aid.

It CAN be useful, but I prefer healing on my own turn with one of those delicious Elixer weapons.

Is that a "yes" to Astra/Ignis/Armsthrift/All Stats+2?

User Info: Mforz

Mforz
8 years ago#4
Not that much. It can save you if you mess up something,but thats all.
Really,the best strategy in Apotheosis is full offense. You don't want to let a single one of those units be alive at the end of your turn and in your range.
"Where have you been?" None of your business Akihiko!

User Info: FeMU

FeMU
8 years ago#5
Any unit that can have Luna should for Apotheosis. It's so nice to actually deal a respectable amount of damage instead of healing for a pitiful amount.

User Info: Model_Omega

Model_Omega
8 years ago#6
No, you'll be dealing such a low amount of damage typically that it isn't worth it, just like the sapping dark magic, you're much better off with Ignis or Luna.
Robertson > Phillips, therefore; Canada > United States
https://www.youtube.com/user/ModelOmega

the_ice_phoenix
8 years ago#7
Bump for second opinions (though I expect them to be much the same).

Also: Galeforce - yay or nay?

User Info: Shadow_Master_J

Shadow_Master_J
8 years ago#8
Sol is almost useless there. The recovering is incredibly pitiful, because the damage you will do is low. Luna is the best trigger skill there as it increases your damage a lot, since the enemies have high Defense and Resistance. Astra is good, but low activation rate is sad. Ignis is good, too, but Luna is still better. If you want a recovery skill, go for Renewal or Lifetaker.

Yes, Galeforce is amazing there. It allows you to clear a wave in ~2 turns.
To hell with the Pokemon anime, and anyone involved with it!

User Info: Lurkerkiller

Lurkerkiller
8 years ago#9
On average it will heal per hit around 12 hp. This is after taking % chance of activating and enemies defense.

On the times it does heal it will actually heal around 15-18 hp.
So it really isn't that bad if you are using Aegis + Pavise along with it as the characters that do have access to both classes should probably be a general making their defenses in the 80-90s making them only take on average like 8-15 damage per hit depending on enemy.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Is Sol of any use for Apotheosis?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A