• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  3. After years of not playing this

User Info: Blezcuea

Blezcuea
5 months ago#1
I've come back! I was Dreading the Royal Ludroth Fight...Mainly cause I don't have fond memories of the water combat? so clunkly and you can move too well? The Monster has an unfair advantage...I hated it and I never wanted to play 3 again cause of it...

Anyway! Made a Arzuros Set, Querpeco SnS, Ate for DEF...And Utterly Whomped the thing...

...god I was such a newb...
Eff You it's the first January of the Decade!!
There are times I am Thankful for my lack of Notoriety

User Info: Gunbladelad

Gunbladelad
5 months ago#2
It just takes time to work out how to fight well underwater.
R.I.P. Throwback Mode - 23rd April 2014
Scottish Gamers unite - https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1374-scotland

User Info: Blezcuea

Blezcuea
5 months ago#3
Gunbladelad posted...
It just takes time to work out how to fight well underwater.
Yeah...But now that I know how to tell what's weak to what and how skills work...Ludroth And Laggi were kind of a piece of cake.

Hell I remember thinking I could fight Laggi from Land with a hunter bow!

I also remember thinking that I could just run around with a mixed up Armor set and be just fine fighting the ONLINE Peco...
Eff You it's the first January of the Decade!!
There are times I am Thankful for my lack of Notoriety

User Info: laughingmeds

laughingmeds
4 months ago#4
Blezcuea posted...
water combat SnS
Found the issue. SnS sucks a* underwater. It's combo gets effectively cut in half and has s* range, which is important given that monster mobility goes up while yours goes down.
/(-_-)o Because it is not is not enough
o(l) // to merely tell you that I am facepalming. https://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/142/15/3015142.jpeg

User Info: plagamesforeva

plagamesforeva
3 months ago#5
laughingmeds posted...
Found the issue. SnS sucks a* underwater. It's combo gets effectively cut in half and has s* range, which is important given that monster mobility goes up while yours goes down.
I do not like the underwater stuff as well.
CAPCOM needs to make Mega Man: Powered Up 2 & Mega Man: Powered Up 3 & SQUARE-ENIX needs to REmake FFV & FFVI for the Nintendo Switch.

User Info: darthcorpse

darthcorpse
1 month ago#6
I used Great Sword and Lance underwater. The lance in particular is good as you can charge toward the monster, but I can imagine it's hard with close range options.

Still, I thought it was a fun way to fight, and certainly makes MH3U worth coming back to, in my view.
Now playing: Final Fantasy VI Advance (GBA), No More Heroes (Wii), Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (3DS), Xenoblade Chronicles X, Splatoon, Pikmin (Wii)

User Info: Solibrae

Solibrae
1 month ago#7
I've also returned to this game, and finally made a bit more progress in G-Rank after not playing it much at all since 4 Ultimate's release. Even though 3 Ultimate was the first MH game I (properly) played, I haven't enjoyed trying to get used to the Underwater combat again. I was never a big fan of it even back before I played the later games.

Long Sword became my absolute favourite weapon from 4U onwards, and I really like the "Evade Roll-Upper Slash" and "Fade Slash into Spirit Blade combo" moves, which I'm sorely missing here in 3U now. But I still think it's my favourite, at least for regular land hunting.
Banjo & Kazooie are finally back, in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate!
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  3. After years of not playing this
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A