• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest X: Mezameshi Itsutsu no Shuzoku Online
  3. So...is this game ever coming out in NA?

User Info: ArcadianGenesis

ArcadianGenesis
5 years ago#1
At first the online thing was a disappointment, but now that I've played FF14 and liked it, I'm much more interested in a DQ MMO.

Considering the huge success of DQ8 and 9, I don't see why they would be reluctant to release it here.

Also any word on DQXI? Hopefully they go back to traditional DQ for that one.
FFXIV Shiva: Citan Uzuki (i79 MNK)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/3148599/

User Info: Kovatch

Kovatch
5 years ago#2
I still hope it'll come here!!! :)
Been gamin' since PONG. Vid masters have bleeding eyes and arthritis in the thumb, but no one ever said they were dumb. -VATCH <DRAGON WARRIORS FOREVER>

User Info: CranberryPSO

CranberryPSO
5 years ago#3
No word of a western release.
Best quest to fight tons of Canadians really fast? ~HaienLai
Topics won: 3

User Info: Red_Maxx_XIII

Red_Maxx_XIII
5 years ago#4
It's probably not going to come out now since the Wii U is starting to nose-dive. Even though a game like this could contribute to saving it, as long as they do away with subscription fees.
Opie & Anthony | Ron & Fez, XM 103/Sirius 206
AC:NL/3DS: 3222-5637-7984 (Name: Josh) | WiiU: Maxx_the_Slash | XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash

User Info: ArcadianGenesis

ArcadianGenesis
5 years ago#5
Oh, that's incredibly lame. After all this progress with making Dragon Quest popular outside of Japan, they're just gonna cut us off from a main-series title? Wtf.
FFXIV Shiva: Citan Uzuki (i82 MNK)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/3148599/

User Info: CODwiiiVIP123

CODwiiiVIP123
5 years ago#6
I think Square-Enix plans to release Dragon Quest 10 to the West eventually but not anytime soon as far as we know as of now.

I will say though that Square-Enix should do a smart move, and remove subscription fees for the Western releases cause it's pretty much shooting themselves in the foot if they do bring over the monthly subscriptions to the west, cause it's alienating not only the potential newcomers to the series but also its own small western fanbase which isn't large enough to really justify the need for monthly subscription fees for the west since the japan fanbase is MUCH larger and requires ALOT more maintenance to maintain the online servers over there, so having the online subscription fees makes sense for Japan but not so much so for the much smaller western fanbase.

We all know MMO's are not very popular in the west because a lot more people over here are unwilling or unable to continually pay monthly subscription fees for one online game, especially when those fees are RIDICULOUSLY overpriced to blatantly exploit a series' popularity which only manages to **** off the majority of the fanbase while the more gullible fanboys are ROBBED (YEAH, I'm looking at you Elder Scrolls Online *glares angrily*)!!!

Now if Square-Enix REALLY insists on having a subscription fee in the west, the smarter way to do it for the western audience is to make it so you have a month of free online upon starting online for the first time and then after that only pay an affordable yearly subscription fee of around 10 to $15. But again I still say the smarter move would be just to remove subscription fees altogether for the western releases to ease the minds of newcomers that are uncertain of buying and bring over fans of the DQ fanbase that would've skipped DQ10 because of the fees which will ultimately maximize western sales.
3DS FC: 4596-9726-4489 (Friend Safari Pokemon: Meinfoo, Throh, Hariyama)

User Info: Slimeknight

Slimeknight
5 years ago#7
I would gladly pay the same fee Japan is hit with if they just translate the game already.
What's a more awkward title? Final Fantasy II or the Neverending Story II?

User Info: jimbrenn

jimbrenn
5 years ago#8
I agree a subscription fee would be an option like Nintendo does with pokemon bank for less then $5 a year. Plus I heard that Natsume maybe doing the English port of DQX on PC , Wii U , and Wii.

User Info: Indigoyeti

Indigoyeti
5 years ago#9
jimbrenn posted...
I agree a subscription fee would be an option like Nintendo does with pokemon bank for less then $5 a year. Plus I heard that Natsume maybe doing the English port of DQX on PC , Wii U , and Wii.

Really!?! Where'd you hear that?

User Info: behindtheword

behindtheword
5 years ago#10
Indigoyeti posted...
jimbrenn posted...

Really!?! Where'd you hear that?

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=221861

The phrase usage indicates with 100% certainty that it is Dragon Quest, or rather, a Dragon Quest that Natsume will handle the release of.

Anything else is just speculation at this point. It could be 10, but it could also be any of or all of the recent mobile releases. Even though Handster, an App company, and small mobile game's company, has registered Dragon Quest I+II for Mobile with the ESRB, that does not mean in and of itself that they are the sole company responsible for those releases. There are other mobile releases with multiple companies names attached that are registered to the ESRB, and happen to be of Square Enix origins: some FF mobile games have more than one company registering the same game under their names, and all had a hand in the release of said games (don't recall which, only that there are some).

So it's pretty open. With Nintendo's tweet last November about Dragon Quest, and a lot of good insider sources having indicated since March of '13 that both DQ7 and 10 are definitely in the pipeline and already approved (by good I mean 100% track records thus far...but anyone can be wrong as projects can be canceled). So there's a lot to consider, and a lot of possibilities.

The only for sure absolutes are DQ1+2 is registered for Mobile, and Natsume will be bringing us a DQ, no word on which.

Oh I forgot one tidbit: the recent registrations in the US of the obvious DQ subtitles, "Seeds of Salvation" and "Luminaries of the Legendary Line". Both registered though by SE.

So...uh, ya, we could be seeing 2014 as the year Dragon Quest takes America by storm.
FAQ status - DW3 GBC (85%), DQ4 DS (2%), DQ5 DS (20%), DQ6 DS (95.5%), DQ7 3DS (5%), FF4 DS (40%)
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/571613-faceball/68419566
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest X: Mezameshi Itsutsu no Shuzoku Online
  3. So...is this game ever coming out in NA?
  • Topic Archived