• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Holden_Mcgroin

Holden_Mcgroin
5 years ago#1
When they first announced they were making this game I was excited. I waited for the Wii U to be launched, and bought one on release day just for this game. Not long ago I was checking my import site, and seen the release of the expansion for the Japanese version. I decided to check up on the new surrounding this game, and seen that it is maybe kinda not getting released for the Wii U over here. They have decided to just release it on PC, so it can die a painful death. I am sure that the Wii U has sold enough units over here to deserve a release, and since there is nothing getting released for the Wii U for a long while, it should be a no brainer to release DQX here ASAP. I would say 99 percent of Wii U owners would purchase this just for the reason there is nothing else out, and at least 60 percent would pay to play online, just because there is nothing else to play online for the Wii U. Instead they are going to release this on the PC, where there are literally thousands of MMO games to compete against. Their lets go from no competition to getting slaughtered by all competition thinking is amazing. Square Enix is the worst company to ever make games. Their Idea that Japanese games won't sell well over here is beyond belief. Japanese games used to be the go to for unique experiences. Deception, .//Hack, Arc the Lad, Persona, Phantasy Star Online, Monster Hunter, Kings Field, Dokapon Kingdom, Culdcept and River King are but a few examples. Games are becoming cookie cutter cash cows instead of innovative game play. Square Enix has no faith in their fans at all.
All the ladies love Holden Mcgroin.

User Info: CranberryPSO

CranberryPSO
5 years ago#2
As much as I enjoy this game, I agree with you that they're release decisions have been abysmal. This game should have been released in the US back in February when the WiiU was in the middle of its huge game drought.
Best quest to fight tons of Canadians really fast? ~HaienLai
Topics won: 3

User Info: richard733

richard733
5 years ago#3
DQX and PSO2, what happened?

User Info: Ano_Kanan

Ano_Kanan
5 years ago#4
let alone blocking IP was make me angry beyond believe

User Info: Pauken

Pauken
5 years ago#5
richard733 posted...
DQX and PSO2, what happened?

Thankfully PSO2 has unofficial english translations for those who can get past a Japanese ReCapcha (more like Stargate DHD Anti-Bot Mechanism, for those of us who don't know a single letter of Japanese; seriously, the way that you're supposed to bypass the ReCapcha without a knowledge of Japanese is practically akin to figuring out the Mushroom Kingdom's Stargate address...even with a DHD you're just guessing which symbols will get you to your destination, unless you're as smart and knowledgable as Daniel Jackson), and is actually playable on American systems (albeit with a hellish anti-bot mechanism as mentioned above; once past that though anyone can play it). Also helps that PSO2 is f2p and thus it doesn't require a credit card to play, thus making that #%$&ing ReCapcha the only hurdle to playing.

DQX however is a no-win scenario for American fans: even if you buy a Japanese Wii and/or Wii U to play it, from what I've heard they've blocked all non-Japanese IPs, so you're screwed without a reliable proxy setup and someone with a Japanese credit card and/or access to DQX time cards if they even exist.

CranberryPSO
5 years ago#6
For the Wii version, you can use Wii points to pay for the subscription. I am not familiar with the Crystal point or something like that system but I've read you can use those on the PC version. It's some kind of Square-Enix account thing. I don't know much about it.

You need a VPN to give yourself a Japanese IP address no matter what platform you play on. Most of us use SoftEther.

The extreme region locking and IP blocking is a huge hassle though, and has caused most would-be importers to declare the game is too much work and too much hassle to bother with. Only a small handful of importers are around.

User Info: Ano_Kanan

Ano_Kanan
5 years ago#7
wii
- wii hardware JP
- DQX software
- currency (wii point card, credit card)
- vpn

wii u
- wii u hardware JP
- DQX software
- currency (wii point card, credit card)
- vpn

windows
- PC, installed jp unicode (all windows has it)
- DQX software
- crysta (using international credit card or webmoney)
- vpn

software, nin point card, webmoney easiest way to get is play-asia.com

we (gaijin players) are so hardcore to finally play it

User Info: richard733

richard733
5 years ago#8
CranberryPSO posted...
For the Wii version, you can use Wii points to pay for the subscription. I am not familiar with the Crystal point or something like that system but I've read you can use those on the PC version. It's some kind of Square-Enix account thing. I don't know much about it.

You need a VPN to give yourself a Japanese IP address no matter what platform you play on. Most of us use SoftEther.

The extreme region locking and IP blocking is a huge hassle though, and has caused most would-be importers to declare the game is too much work and too much hassle to bother with. Only a small handful of importers are around.

sega blocked me.

i refuse to make another account, i was having fun til that happened.

CranberryPSO
5 years ago#9
Do you mean Square-Enix blocked you? Sega isn't involved in this game.

Are you actually banned or is it just saying there is suspicious activity and you need to change your password?
  • Topic Archived