• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Super_Henu

Super_Henu
5 years ago#31
please bring to the states <3
White FC: Aedan 0948 1570 2211 Black: Cobalt 1034 0540 6122

User Info: krw703

krw703
5 years ago#32
behindtheword posted...
Exactly how is it fundamentally wrong?

Three reasons:
1. They hate MMOs.
2. They don't understand what the word "fundamentally" means.
3. They're blatantly trolling.

Horii designed Dragon Quest to be the accessible RPG at a time when RPGs were only for the truly hardcore fans in Japan. Now he takes that concept and applies it to MMOs, which are really only for the truly hardcore fans of MMOs in Japan and suddenly it isn't Dragon Quest?

There's no real use arguing with them.
PSN/twitchtv: krw703
Pokemon X FC: 2964-8675-9106, Poison: Cascoon, Venomoth, Whirlipede

User Info: behindtheword

behindtheword
5 years ago#33
krw703 posted...
behindtheword posted...
Exactly how is it fundamentally wrong?

Three reasons:
1. They hate MMOs.
2. They don't understand what the word "fundamentally" means.
3. They're blatantly trolling.

Horii designed Dragon Quest to be the accessible RPG at a time when RPGs were only for the truly hardcore fans in Japan. Now he takes that concept and applies it to MMOs, which are really only for the truly hardcore fans of MMOs in Japan and suddenly it isn't Dragon Quest?

There's no real use arguing with them.

Are you an analyst? That was a very well thought out, concise, and precisely analyzed breakdown.
FAQ status - DW3 GBC (85%), DQ4 DS (2%), DQ5 DS (20%), DQ6 DS (95.5%), DQ7 3DS (5%), FF4 DS (40%)
Solution for Gamers by Gamers http://save-nintendo-wifi.com/

User Info: mhollan3

mhollan3
5 years ago#34
Don't hate on a game you obviously haven't played yet.
I have a Wii U. WEEEEEEE

User Info: gybugy

gybugy
5 years ago#35
I haven't played it and I hate it, why. It's not localized. simple the game looks brilliant, it looks amazing but it's not localized plus I don't own a Wii U but when it does get localized I will be buying a Wii U for this
3DS FC: 0275 - 8838 - 1234
oh no it's down, burn the villages and purge the peasants!

User Info: mhollan3

mhollan3
5 years ago#36
That's more of a legitimate hate. The OP was trolling.
I have a Wii U. WEEEEEEE

User Info: CranberryPSO

CranberryPSO
5 years ago#37
I can certainly understand being unhappy with Square-Enix for their decisions about the release of this game.

Bring it to the west already Square-Enix!
Best quest to fight tons of Canadians really fast? ~HaienLai
Topics won: 3

User Info: Slayersfan

Slayersfan
4 years ago#38
I don't understand people that complain about the story of a MMORPG type video game. I realize it's still something that you want to enjoy, but really, playing with others and having fun with all the elements that can only be done in these types of games is what makes it special. And as with Final Fantasy 11 and 14, if you don't like this type of game play, there are many other Dragon Quest games that are story driven and single player, and more to come.
3DS friends code - 1864-9760-0835

User Info: VeryDarkSoul

VeryDarkSoul
4 years ago#39
the whole point of an MMORPG is you create your own stories and experiences with the characters you play with, with a basic overall one that you discover through quests and what not.
Ron Paul 2012
  • Topic Archived