• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Trailblazer34

Trailblazer34
5 years ago#1
Represents the dumbing down of square enix. Online is the future they say. Well clearly a compelling narrative isn't, because how are you going to make a story in a game like this. RPG's are meant to whisk you away to another world, and that's difficult to do when you're leeching money off the players for more mediocre plotless drivel. This game doesn't deserve an English release. In fact, this game should have been cancelled. Save up resources for a true next gen dragon quest. Not this imitation garbage. Play Bravely Default instead. Best Square game in years, if only because it isn't online and doesnt features the worst character ever (Lightning).

User Info: CranberryPSO

CranberryPSO
5 years ago#2
What is it about the plot that you hated so much? I thought the story was pretty good, it drew me more than any other recent game has.

Trailblazer34 posted...
Represents the dumbing down of square enix. Online is the future they say. Well clearly a compelling narrative isn't, because how are you going to make a story in a game like this. RPG's are meant to whisk you away to another world, and that's difficult to do when you're leeching money off the players for more mediocre plotless drivel. This game doesn't deserve an English release. In fact, this game should have been cancelled. Save up resources for a true next gen dragon quest. Not this imitation garbage. Play Bravely Default instead. Best Square game in years, if only because it isn't online and doesnt features the worst character ever (Lightning).
Best quest to fight tons of Canadians really fast? ~HaienLai
Topics won: 3

User Info: Ano_Kanan

Ano_Kanan
5 years ago#3
some Dragon Quest X story arc / quests make me literally cry

latest I cried like this was since DQVII, FFX

so, bad story? naaahhhh
as beautiful as other DQs
also epic battle and cutscene too!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYwF8i-Ykf0

Trailblazer34
5 years ago#4
Ano_Kanan posted...
some Dragon Quest X story arc / quests make me literally cry

latest I cried like this was since DQVII, FFX

so, bad story? naaahhhh
as beautiful as other DQs
also epic battle and cutscene too!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYwF8i-Ykf0

That also looks awful. Same old ripoff garbage. Nice try.

User Info: Ano_Kanan

Ano_Kanan
5 years ago#5
No problem, i did even try anything.
I felt sorry for you who cant play this good game but Bravely Default is great too
Cant wait to try for the sequel next month.
Also dragon quest x 2.0 too

CranberryPSO
5 years ago#6
Ripoff garbage? What are you even talking about? Are you talking about Square-Enix re-using traditional Dragon Quest enemies and designs? Are you accusing them of ripping off themselves?

You haven't actually played the game, have you?

User Info: MyotisSeraph

MyotisSeraph
5 years ago#7
Yet another person that thinks the cutscenes (oh, I'm sorry, story) should be the sole focus in a game. You know, because it's more important to look at a game and see a story than play it. And that's solely what determines whether or not it's a good game.
NO FUTURE

Trailblazer34
5 years ago#8
CranberryPSO posted...
Ripoff garbage? What are you even talking about? Are you talking about Square-Enix re-using traditional Dragon Quest enemies and designs? Are you accusing them of ripping off themselves?

You haven't actually played the game, have you?

rip you off by charging extra on top for a shoddy half ***** product. I'm tired of pretending that any of these once great franchises-turned MMO/mobile game crapfests are anything less than the bottom of the barrel. Just look at Final Fantasy All the Bravest, possibly the worst 'game' ever made. And what they did to Star Ocean was just criminal, and now Dragon quest has been killed off in exchange for this abomination. If you support Square's new direction, you are supporting garbage. MMO's are never good. They are made to make you waste money, not to deliver a compelling, deep experience. Aside from the brown Call of duty knockoff me too genre, it is the worst genre in gaming. It is inherently a bad genre.

User Info: MyotisSeraph

MyotisSeraph
5 years ago#9
It's a game. They are meant to be fun. Several MMOs are fun.

The sooner you stop that pretentious, self-righteous BS the sooner you can just enjoy it rather than throwing a fit about it.
NO FUTURE

CranberryPSO
5 years ago#10
What exactly do you hate about it? Yeah it's a MMORPG... and?

If you hate the monthly fee, you might try kids time. 2 hours each day where it's free to play - no subscription required.

You're screaming at the top of your lungs "This game is garbage!" but you're not actually saying anything as to why you hate it so much.

I'm betting you've never actually played the game, have you?
  • Topic Archived