• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest X: Mezameshi Itsutsu no Shuzoku Online
  3. I'm so disappointed with today's Nintendo E3 ...

User Info: SasoriJr

SasoriJr
5 years ago#1
I was hoping for an announcement of Dragon Quest X for Wii U. FF XV and KH III for PS4 and nothing for wii u from square. :(

User Info: dogmai333

dogmai333
5 years ago#2
I was also hoping for DQ7 and DQM: Terry's Journey. The only games I play through the end any more are Dragon Quest games so I when (if) these games do finally come here I will get a 3DS and WiiU just for these games.
Erdrick, Loto or Roto?

User Info: shawn4kirsty

shawn4kirsty
5 years ago#3
4 possible Dragon Quest games (DQ X, Terry's, Rocket, and DQ7) and not one revealed? Give me a break... I know it's not Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy but throw us a freakin bone here... I honestly think if they released DQ X in North America it would help WII-U sales more than another Mario game at this point.

User Info: SasoriJr

SasoriJr
5 years ago#4
you sir have a point. I wonder if we'll get those games soon?

User Info: Dersu_Uzala

Dersu_Uzala
5 years ago#5
Yeah, this isn't getting released outside Japan. Considering the pedigree of the series (it's a lot more popular than FF there) and the expectations placed on a new numbered entry, DQX was quite possibly the biggest gaming flop of the last decade in Japan. It would be a huge strain on S-E's resources to maintain international servers for the game, and it's almost guaranteed that the limited playerbase couldn't sustain it.

If you ask me, they should do a DQX-II that throws out the MMO garbage and is designed to be played entirely solo.

User Info: Tiael

Tiael
5 years ago#6
Dersu_Uzala posted...
Yeah, this isn't getting released outside Japan. Considering the pedigree of the series (it's a lot more popular than FF there) and the expectations placed on a new numbered entry, DQX was quite possibly the biggest gaming flop of the last decade in Japan. It would be a huge strain on S-E's resources to maintain international servers for the game, and it's almost guaranteed that the limited playerbase couldn't sustain it.

If you ask me, they should do a DQX-II that throws out the MMO garbage and is designed to be played entirely solo.

It sold better than FFXI did at launch, which went on to become their most profitable game.
With Wii U and future PC numbers included with the Wii release, it's not a flop.

MMO's aren't about how many get sold out of the gate, it's the sustainable playerbase that keeps playing.
Now in HD: Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality.
Dragon Quest>Ys=SMT=Tales>Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all five.

User Info: FFdestiny

FFdestiny
5 years ago#7
Dersu_Uzala posted...
... DQX was quite possibly the biggest gaming flop of the last decade in Japan.

This is so incredibly inaccurate. Sure, it didn't perform up to typical Dragon Quest standards, but "the biggest flop of the last decade"? Good God, stop being dramatic. Looking at the game outside of its franchise's sales history, it put up huge numbers. The numbers are even more impressive considering how unpopular MMOs are in Japan. Then you take into account the fact that it released on an all but dead console (Wii), and then one that's had a super rough time gaining traction, and it's all the more astounding that the game has sold as well as it has.

Was Square disappointed by the sales? Maybe. Hell, probably. But with the units they did manage to push, they had to have been somewhat okay with how it all turned out. Their decision to also broaden the appeal (and to make up for any lost profits) by way of PC, will only further help the game grow. PC gaming isn't huge in Japan, but it's big enough to matter.

That being said -- and to get back on topic -- I, too, was frustrated by Square's lack of Dragon Quest talk at E3. But the choice to not discuss the series makes sense. Had they announced anything, it would have surely been swallowed up by the XV hype. And the PS4 hype. And the Xbox One debacle. And the Nintendo Direct news. And all the other huge news that came out of this years expo. I suspect we will hear something about DQ in the next 8-16 weeks; enough time to let things calm down from E3, but before all hell breaks loose with the launch of the next-gens.
You are the universe, expressing itself as a human for a little while.

User Info: kdognumba1

kdognumba1
5 years ago#8
I'm very frustrated with this myself. Maybe SE DOES have stuff coming for NA on Wii U and 3DS but they sure aren't giving us that impression. Outside of the Deus Ex port, it really seems like they have nothing coming. Granted Nintendo did say there's more unannounced 3rd party support, so maybe DQ will be in there, but even with the news of Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts at E3, it seems to me that Dragon Quest and Bravely Default news would of definitely also helped not just Nintendo out but even SE. If SE was present in both Sony's and Nintendo's showings, that would of secured them as the company to watch regardless of platform but they dropped the ball.
backloggery: http://backloggery.com/kdog254 twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1

User Info: Tiael

Tiael
5 years ago#9
Still hopes for DQX:

http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/10/4510088/dragon-quest-10-producers-discuss-the-pc-port-and-eventual-us-release
Now in HD: Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality.
Dragon Quest>Ys=SMT=Tales>Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all five.

User Info: CLupula

CLupula
5 years ago#10
Tiael posted...
Still hopes for DQX:

http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/10/4510088/dragon-quest-10-producers-discuss-the-pc-port-and-eventual-us-release

To be quite honest, that article brings more hope for the PC version than the WIi U version.

The big question behind the PC port for us non-Japanese folk, however: Does this mean an overseas release is in the works? "Of course," Miyake said. "However, as for whether it'll be run in the Dragon Quest style in the overseas market, every nation has its own play style and sensibilities, so I don't think it'll be a single game worldwide like with Final Fantasy 11."

Notice that the question they ask is about the PC version.

When it comes to the Wii U version, though, they seem to talk about being disappointed to the point where they realize they can't keep it exclusive to Wii U.

the business model of creating a retail package and releasing it exclusively on a single platform has become difficult to execute. Gamers' play styles and tastes are getting segmented, and we can't settle on a single platform.

So, that does sound like they may even go multiplatform with the game. I can see them making a PS3/PS4 version in the future if FFXIV does well.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest X: Mezameshi Itsutsu no Shuzoku Online
  3. I'm so disappointed with today's Nintendo E3 ...
  • Topic Archived