• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. First published review 10/10

User Info: engine93

engine93
4 years ago#1
http://www.psu.com/news/32442/persona-5-review-scores-perfectly

Uk playstation magazine

No surprise really i mean check my sig

Then again some may argue that it's biased since it's a playstation magazine

But still we all know how crazy many people go over Review scores

User Info: Camwannabattle

Camwannabattle
4 years ago#2
Yeah... I don't wanna be that guy but reviews don't really mean too much. Like you addressed, reviews are prone to bias.

That said, I still think this game will be excellent judging from I've seen so far. Pretty confident it will be my favorite Persona game.

engine93
4 years ago#3
Camwannabattle posted...
Yeah... I don't wanna be that guy but reviews don't really mean too much. Like you addressed, reviews are prone to bias.

That said, I still think this game will be excellent judging from I've seen so far. Pretty confident it will be my favorite Persona game.

Agree. Nowadays some people will not buy games if they don't have a 90+ metacritic. Then there are those who go crazy if their favorite game doesn't have perfect review scores. And so on and on

I mean god hand got like 3/10 from ign. That didn't stop me from trying out the game and loving it to the end

Reviews don't mean s***. But i wanted to show y'all the review anyway cause why not. In april this board will be full of Casual complainers so only the cool people right now read this

User Info: Seitar

Seitar
4 years ago#4
engine93 posted...
Nowadays some people will not buy games if they don't have a 90+ metacritic. Then there are those who go crazy if their favorite game doesn't have perfect review scores. And so on and on

Yeah, I remember a time when a 7/10 was considered a really good score and 9/10 or even 10/10 where considered legendary scores and almost never seen. Heck in the mid 90's even if a game got a 4/10 that usually meant the game was worthy of a rental at least, but now the majority seem to considers "6/10= playable" "7/10=ok" "8/10=good" "9/10= standard/any AAA game" "10/10=Bah overhyped bulls***, reviewers are bought by publishers".

Any way Persona 5 seems like an excellent game.
PSN: Seitar-Hubbe

User Info: MakotoYuri

MakotoYuri
4 years ago#5
yeah it´s score nowadays are complete BS, a 10/10 should be like the holy grail of gaming an unachievable perfect game.
there are to many 9/10 floating around or all those games with +90/100 it became idiotic.

that said i think P5 will be pretty good, technical better then 3 and 4 if the story can hold up then i´m definitive satified.
is Mayonnaise a Jojo reference too?

User Info: Camwannabattle

Camwannabattle
4 years ago#6
I'd argue that review scores are not inherently bad. They usually do represent the reviewer's opinion of the game, though they can often be influenced by bias, nostalgia, brand name, etc.

The real problem is when people recognize the review and see their opinion with greater importance than others. On one side there can be people who will bandwagon and agree with the score. Sometimes the score acts as reassurance, making people forget their doubts of the game or raise their doubts. On the other hand, some people will be rebellious to the score and in doing so sometimes distorting their view of the game for better or worse. This is where the buzzwords "overrated" and "underrated" come in.

What I'm trying to say is that review scores are mostly fine. But people put too much weight into them.

Edit: I probably sound like I'm overthinking this. I just finished a Philosophy paper yesterday, so yeah...

User Info: BrightShield786

BrightShield786
4 years ago#7
engine93 posted...

As someone that has beaten P5, I can say without a shadow of a doubt: your sig is wrong.
"Hey, lady, I put the kiddies to sleep. Permanently." - Yuri Hyuga - Shadow Hearts

User Info: giraffenoises97

giraffenoises97
4 years ago#8
Personally, I think of review scores as a single person's opinion. I love several games that have bad review scores, and I hate a bunch of games considered perfect.

Honestly though, I can believe P5 got a perfect score. We've been waiting since what, 2013? 4 years in development better mean it's close to flawless.
Thou art I, and I am thou. Art thou feeling it now Mr. Krabs?

engine93
4 years ago#9
BrightShield786 posted...
engine93 posted...

As someone that has beaten P5, I can say without a shadow of a doubt: your sig is wrong.

Some people are gonna disagree but whatever

User Info: Pvas50

Pvas50
4 years ago#10
engine93 posted...
BrightShield786 posted...
engine93 posted...

Some people are gonna disagree but whatever

I too have beaten the game, and it's definitely one of my fav games of all time. But I don't think it's flawless or anything (cuz everything has flaws).
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. First published review 10/10
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A