• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 4 Golden
  3. What is this?????
pedroj 2 months ago#1
wow, just wow...
that god-forsaken yukikos castle is somehow even harder than in vanilla P4??
i dont know why they even did that, it was the hardest thing in the game by a mile already...

the bosses are easier but the if i cant even get to them whats the point? im not underleveled and doing like 30 damage with physicals to enemies...
KrimsonBlox 2 weeks ago#2
Huh? This was my first Persona/SMT game and Yukiko's castle was piss easy. This is megaten, where you always want EVERY HIT to always hit a weakness every time to maximize damage. Strategy completly revolves around having the right elemental affinitities for the situation or you're screwed. If you play this like a crappy RPG Maker game and mash attack over and over you'll get nowhere.

Every enemy in Yukiko's Castle dies in like 2-3 hits if you hit them with their weakness. You can easily finish each and every regular battle in only 1 or 2 turns. It's not that hard. Physicals are very weak in this game, like they are in most megaten games outside of SMT Nocturne (where a physical build is beyond OP) and MAYBE V. (IDK haven't played) You will be relying on SP moves nearly all the time, as magic is the only real way to damage enemies efficiently as only with magic can you hit weaknesses. (few to no enenies are weak to phys) P4G was also completely rebalanced compared to OG P4, so of course the values will be different compared to the original game. So yeah, Yukiko's Castle isn't hard at all. So either you're just bad, you're just confused about the values being different compared to the original game, or you're just trolling which in that case this long comment was for nothing.

Edit: And what do you mean about it being "the hardest thing in the game so far by a mile"? It's literally the first dungeon. The only fights before this are two tutorial fights and that's it. If you think this is even slightly challenging wait until you face Shadow Kanji and his dungeon, or even worse Naoto's dungeon with robots that absorb most elements and spam almighty attacks?
Game Developer since 2014. Switch FC: SW-6019-3359-2311
My Website: chroniclesofwiki.miraheze.org
(edited 2 weeks ago)
DanielsonsXe 1 week ago#3
KrimsonBlox posted...
Edit: And what do you mean about it being "the hardest thing in the game so far by a mile"? It's literally the first dungeon. The only fights before this are two tutorial fights and that's it. If you think this is even slightly challenging wait until you face Shadow Kanji and his dungeon, or even worse Naoto's dungeon with robots that absorb most elements and spam almighty attacks?

pedroj posted...
wow, just wow...
that god-forsaken yukikos castle is somehow even harder than in vanilla P4??
i dont know why they even did that, it was the hardest thing in the game by a mile already...
I think you misunderstood his point. It seems like he's saying Yuki's Castle was the hardest thing in vanilla, and they made it harder for Golden. Not why is it harder than the tutorials in Golden.
pedroj 1 week ago#4
KrimsonBlox posted...
Huh? This was my first Persona/SMT game and Yukiko's castle was piss easy. This is megaten, where you always want EVERY HIT to always hit a weakness every time to maximize damage. Strategy completly revolves around having the right elemental affinitities for the situation or you're screwed. If you play this like a crappy RPG Maker game and mash attack over and over you'll get nowhere.

Every enemy in Yukiko's Castle dies in like 2-3 hits if you hit them with their weakness. You can easily finish each and every regular battle in only 1 or 2 turns. It's not that hard. Physicals are very weak in this game, like they are in most megaten games outside of SMT Nocturne (where a physical build is beyond OP) and MAYBE V. (IDK haven't played) You will be relying on SP moves nearly all the time, as magic is the only real way to damage enemies efficiently as only with magic can you hit weaknesses. (few to no enenies are weak to phys) P4G was also completely rebalanced compared to OG P4, so of course the values will be different compared to the original game. So yeah, Yukiko's Castle isn't hard at all. So either you're just bad, you're just confused about the values being different compared to the original game, or you're just trolling which in that case this long comment was for nothing.

sorry, guess i was too vague. i was following a 100% social link rank, which means i HAVE to complete all dungeons in only one day, and yukikos castle is by far the hardest exactly because of what you pointed: you basically have to rely on magic, but SP-recovery items are rather rare and dont recover much, so for yukikos castle i have to rely on physicals, which is annoying. not to mention you dont have acess to the fox and the party is extremely limited.
So in that sense, yes, yukikos castle is even harder than in the original, at least in my opinion, and there was literally no need for that, since it was hard enough in the original already.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 4 Golden
  3. What is this?????
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A