• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 4 Golden
  3. How much of what *SPOILER* did was really him?

User Info: Slayer_22

Slayer_22
1 month ago#1
Adachi, of course.

I'm a newer player who just finished P4 and I've been watching a little bit of stuff from other games(and playing BBXTAG), and I noticed he isn't as...violent or nihilistic in them. Or rapey, for that matter. Not saying he's a stand-up guy and he's definitely still the type to murder. But...idk, I'm curious if what we see from him post P4(Golden, Cross Tag, Ultimax) is more akin to the real Adachi or not.

I could be off base(I haven't seen TOO much of Ultimax, I do wanna play it myself), of course. Just curious what others think.
livingdeadrpg.proboards.com
"And no I'm not signing your twitter after this type of attitude so don't ask..." - IIINCORRUPTIBLE

User Info: Super Slash

Super Slash
1 month ago#2
I chalk it up to character development, though some might argue otherwise. I like to think the events in P4 mellowed him out a little bit. If you max his social link in Golden he admits he enjoyed his time with the Dojima family, and even if you don't, he pretty much says in the letter that he wishes he could make up for what he did.

Super Slash
1 month ago#3
Also he has a friendly chat with Dojima at the end of his story in P4 Ultimax. Great development overall.

User Info: astralmeson

astralmeson
1 month ago#4
He throws up when he sees the first body. He's an edgelord and rape-y misogynist, and he definitely caused the deaths of two people (Saki and Mayumi). He's an evil, terrible person. But I don't think he originally set out to be a murderer, and a good chunk of the game's events are situations where he's not involved. Again, apart from the first two deaths, the instigators are Namatame thinking that he's saving someone or Mitsuo being a creep and murderer in his own right. And yeah, you could attribute at least part of his actions near the end to Izanami's influence in the shadows (although that doesn't excuse his earlier actions).

User Info: ChillGamer

ChillGamer
1 month ago#5
astralmeson posted...
He throws up when he sees the first body. He's an edgelord and rape-y misogynist, and he definitely caused the deaths of two people (Saki and Mayumi). He's an evil, terrible person. But I don't think he originally set out to be a murderer, and a good chunk of the game's events are situations where he's not involved. Again, apart from the first two deaths, the instigators are Namatame thinking that he's saving someone or Mitsuo being a creep and murderer in his own right. And yeah, you could attribute at least part of his actions near the end to Izanami's influence in the shadows (although that doesn't excuse his earlier actions).
Weirdly enough him throwing up even though he's apparently a cop that's not too new at the job is the first thing I found odd about him and that kinda made him a suspect in my book. Like he was trying too hard to appear soft.

User Info: Slayer_22

Slayer_22
1 month ago#6
astralmeson posted...

Not denying any of that. But the rapey and misogynist stuff seems to be dropped in the spin-offs, despite there being ample oppotunity to do so. Hence why I'm thinking it's more or less some of the aspects Ameno turned to a 10.

Hell, it's legitimately the only reason this whole thing started, if not for that...eh. None of it would have happened.
livingdeadrpg.proboards.com
"And no I'm not signing your twitter after this type of attitude so don't ask..." - IIINCORRUPTIBLE

Super Slash
4 weeks ago#7
Slayer_22 posted...
Not denying any of that. But the rapey and misogynist stuff seems to be dropped in the spin-offs, despite there being ample oppotunity to do so. Hence why I'm thinking it's more or less some of the aspects Ameno turned to a 10.

Hell, it's legitimately the only reason this whole thing started, if not for that...eh. None of it would have happened.
Adachi was repentant. It can therefore be argued that he dropped the creepy s*** because he legitimately felt bad about it.

User Info: Whippet_basic

Whippet_basic
3 weeks ago#8
Doesn't the true enemy/boss indicate they picked three people to give the TV power to in order to see how it would work out? They picked the three because they each had quite different world views. The MC looked to make things better, Adachi was mostly self obsessed and Namatame was somewhere in between.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 4 Golden
  3. How much of what *SPOILER* did was really him?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A