bad connections

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: dc1902

dc1902
6 years ago#1
i don't understand why the bar is red or 0, is it because the people are far away from me or is it my ping, by the way my ping is 112 and my download speed is 13, can someone explain please
Gamertag: DC1902
PSN ID: DC1902

User Info: Banzatou

Banzatou
6 years ago#2
If your internet connection is up-to-speed and you live in the states, you probably need to forward your port for the 360.
My latest work in my Touhou fancomic, 'Shatter':
http://banzatou.deviantart.com/art/Shatter-Breaktime-284588872

User Info: Yurka

Yurka
6 years ago#3
I don't know... I haven't had anything but a red connection since CS. CT's netcode was way better than the one in this game.

Either way, you can still find pretty decent matches with 0-1 connections.
GT - Shanath

User Info: JakeJupiter3020

JakeJupiter3020
6 years ago#4
i had one of the weirdest connections with a guy the other day. it was a 3 (green) connection, but there were a number of very short pauses during the matches, and it really affected gameplay. it kind of made it to where i couldn't really block or counter appropriately against the guy. aside from the pauses, the connection was great, which just made me even more frustrated.

anyway, i agree with the above poster, CT's netcode was great, but ever since CS, it's been pretty meh.
"who the hell would eat kfc if they could have popeyes. i mean hell kfc is nice but popeyes is on a-whole-nother level" --cornix1 XBL: FLAMING LIPS 79

User Info: Delano7

Delano7
6 years ago#5
dc1902 posted...
i don't understand why the bar is red or 0, is it because the people are far away from me or is it my ping

It's technically both. My ping to a server close by is as little as 17, allowing for 3/4 connection with people from the same state. Sadly, it can be as high as 200 on the other side of the county, making 0 connection games standard.

Since blazblue only has a very basic server set up, all the connections are peer-to-peer, making distance a huge factor in connection speed. Also, a lot of those 0 connection players might be from Japan, which would likely explain it.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived