• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Quantum Conundrum
  3. This game is AWESOME. Well worth the $15.

User Info: Cereburus Q

Cereburus Q
6 years ago#1
I'm a sucker for physics based puzzlers, and this one doesn't disappoint. The tongue in cheek humor is great as well.
http://i47.tinypic.com/2jb7fxl.jpg

User Info: Marioguy5

Marioguy5
6 years ago#2
Good to hear. How much content is there?
If you believe in Jesus Christ , have accepted him as your lord and savior, and are 110% proud of it, put this as your signature.

Cereburus Q
6 years ago#3
I played for two hours and finished the first generator, it looks like there are three generators, and then a fourth area (Might be the one near the blueprints, not sure), and looking at achievements there are two bonus sections.
So assuming I went at the rate of an average gamer, There's 12 base hours of gameplay. Then there are achievements for reaching goal time, finding all the collectibles, making it through all the stages without dying, and completing all the stages using only a limited amount of dimensional shifts.

The art style and humor reminds me of Professor Layton, the humor mostly comes from pop culture puns. (A digging device called 'Every Day I'm Shovelin')

User Info: illuminatirexx

illuminatirexx
6 years ago#4
From what i heard the game is very short...only 8 or 9 hours tops...that is quite short...

as far as I saw its not yet available on steam....even though today is its release day....so looks like they missed the release day....

User Info: MyDogSkip

MyDogSkip
6 years ago#5
From what i heard the game is very short...only 8 or 9 hours tops...that is quite short...

as far as I saw its not yet available on steam....even though today is its release day....so looks like they missed the release day....

8-9 hours is much longer than Portal 1, which was $20 stand alone when it was released. Portal 2 is hardly that long. That time also only refers to finishing the game, and doesn't include collecting everything and beating challenge times and dimension flips.

So far, I'm enjoying the game. The puzzles are more difficult than the Portal games but perhaps not always as fun, imo. I'm not nearly as fond of the characters. The Professor's VA isn't bad, but I feel like he doesn't fit all that well. For some reason, I keep getting headaches when playing this, maybe from all the screen tearing.

Sorry to keep referencing Portal, but considering both are first person puzzle games and they share the same creator, it's hard not to.
Don't trust the smiling penguin!
http://backloggery.com/mydogskip93

Cereburus Q
6 years ago#6
illuminatirexx posted...

I started installing at noon, right when it unlocked. Restart your steam client.

User Info: madmanmuzik

madmanmuzik
6 years ago#7
I just finished a playthrough with all but one collectible and not really paying attention to the time or shift challenges. Steam is telling me I played for six hours. I played a bit fast, but I'd guess 5-8 hours is a reasonable amount of time just to get to the end. I dunno, for a $15 game of this quality that feels about right. It's about as long as Portal, and only about 2/3 as long as Portal 2. On a dollars-to-hours basis, it's better than a full-price Portal 1, easily.

I really kinda feel like focusing in on how long it is misses the point though.
Poverty is the biggest and strongest jail the government ever built.
PSN/XBL: ShinjiBaka

User Info: benexclaimed

benexclaimed
6 years ago#8
Eight hours isn't short. It especially isn't short for a 15 dollar puzzle game.
;)

User Info: Nano Kitsune

Nano Kitsune
6 years ago#9
Turning on vsych on your graphics card for this game is highly recommended, otherwise there will be a pretty high amount of screen tearing.

But the game itself is wonderful, highly recommend.
Aku: You can fly?!
Jack: No. Jump good.
Gameplayingperson 6 years ago#10
Cereburus Q posted...
illuminatirexx posted...

I started installing at noon, right when it unlocked. Restart your steam client.

Yeah, I had an issue with tiny and big: grandpa's leftovers, where that wouldn't unlock until the NEXT day, but that's steam for you. This one, I lucked out on, and a restart had me going right away.
  1. Boards
  2. Quantum Conundrum
  3. This game is AWESOME. Well worth the $15.
  • Topic Archived