Reporting smurfs?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Kaito2000

Kaito2000
1 year ago#1
Why is there no option for reporting smurfs? The main reason why hackers are reported is because they ruin the game for everybody else. And that is also what smurfs do they just play vs weaker opponents and then get mad at you for not playing on their level.

User Info: Rohkey

Rohkey
1 year ago#2
How do you know someone is smurfing? People occasionally have very good games. Does this mean a non-smurf who has the game of his life needs to worry about being banned? What if someone just hasn't played in a while and their rank decays, but after a week they're close to their old level but MM hasn't ranked them up? And why should someone get punished for wanting to play with a real game of CS (i.e., not s*** casual) with RL friends if their main rank is too high and Valve won't let them queue together? Honestly Valve could implement a lot of safeguards against smurfing, but their system actually encourages it.

Edit: I won't agree that smurfing isn't annoying, especially those who are like, "omg my main is SMFC, but we're losing cause you are all s*** silvers/golds. Why do I play with such s***ters?!?!?!" but seriously, blame Valve not people for acting as you'd expect them to act.
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/69453039
facebook.com/theyetee

User Info: Kaito2000

Kaito2000
1 year ago#3
Why can't they play with their friends on the same account? Is it because they don't want to derank or is it just impossible to play with someone that has a lower rank?

User Info: Suicide_Jester

Suicide_Jester
1 year ago#4
If you're too far apart in ranks the game won't let you queue together.
http://i.imgur.com/1H8TIxh.jpg

Rohkey
1 year ago#5
Kaito2000 posted...
Why can't they play with their friends on the same account? Is it because they don't want to derank or is it just impossible to play with someone that has a lower rank?

It doesn't let you if you are a few ranks apart, it's less of an issue now than it was before the ranks reset but still problematic . Also it does let you if you're a 5 man or whatnot, but the way it works makes for complete crap games - it matches you with people who are around the same skill as the highest person in your group. So if you're, say, Global and queue with your4 Silver friends, you often get a game with all LEM-Globals. Your friends don't stand a chance...
facebook.com/theyetee

User Info: TitanStrike

TitanStrike
1 year ago#6
Rohkey posted...
Kaito2000 posted...

It doesn't let you if you are a few ranks apart, it's less of an issue now than it was before the ranks reset but still problematic . Also it does let you if you're a 5 man or whatnot, but the way it works makes for complete crap games - it matches you with people who are around the same skill as the highest person in your group. So if you're, say, Global and queue with your4 Silver friends, you often get a game with all LEM-Globals. Your friends don't stand a chance...

obviously. how else would it do it? that's the only logical way.

should it match them up with silvers so that the global person s***s on them? no, it shouldn't.
oxxxx|==============> || mge if you want to lose :^)
MC, Steam, most other IGN's: KITTYONFYRE

Rohkey
1 year ago#7
TitanStrike posted...
Rohkey posted...
Kaito2000 posted...

obviously. how else would it do it? that's the only logical way.

should it match them up with silvers so that the global person s***s on them? no, it shouldn't.

It encourages smurfing. It should try to match person for person, which could take a while but doesn't have to be exact. Or to assign a score for each rank and try to match cumulative rank scores (e.g., Silver 1 gets a 10, MGE gets a 25, Global gets a 50, if 2 Silvers, 2 MGEs, and a Global queue up, their team's score is 120, and it tries to match them against another team with a score in that range).
facebook.com/theyetee

User Info: YattaRX8

YattaRX8
1 year ago#8
Kaito2000 posted...
Why is there no option for reporting smurfs? The main reason why hackers are reported is because they ruin the game for everybody else. And that is also what smurfs do they just play vs weaker opponents and then get mad at you for not playing on their level.

Because valve doesn't want to do any more work than they have to and there would be too many false positives in an overwatch type system.

Take me for instance. With the old ranking system I placed LE after my first 10 wins. 14 wins later and I had promoted twice (to SMFC). The amount of times I was accused for smurfing in that small handful of games is insurmountable.

Having years of experience in previous versions of CS does not carry over to GO in a lot of player's minds for some reason.
http://i.imgur.com/wUDbB3O.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/WROLjQO.jpg

User Info: TitanStrike

TitanStrike
1 year ago#9
Rohkey posted...
It encourages smurfing. It should try to match person for person, which could take a while but doesn't have to be exact. Or to assign a score for each rank and try to match cumulative rank scores (e.g., Silver 1 gets a 10, MGE gets a 25, Global gets a 50, if 2 Silvers, 2 MGEs, and a Global queue up, their team's score is 120, and it tries to match them against another team with a score in that range).

match person for person?

so some poor silver 1 sap that solo queues would be matched into the 3 man stack of global, global, silver 1 (then the other 2 would probably be smfc/global), wasting his time? that's an idiotic system.

the points system wouldnt work either. 4 s1's and a global would match them against ~5 gn1s. so everyone would get crushed except the global. he'd pretty much be smurfing in the gold novas at that point.
oxxxx|==============> || mge if you want to lose :^)
MC, Steam, most other IGN's: KITTYONFYRE

User Info: Suicide_Jester

Suicide_Jester
1 year ago#10
There's no great way to do it besides finding another 5 man that has similar distribution of ranks, but that would either take forever or have terrible ping if it has to search far and wide.

Just gotta accept that smurfing is part of the game. Like what was mentioned earlier, if you start banning people for it then you will start getting people banned because they are just on a hot streak or whatever.
http://i.imgur.com/1H8TIxh.jpg

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived