The SCAR-20

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: LivingInPapaya

LivingInPapaya
2 years ago#1
Okay so I'm pretty new and I'm doing tolerably okay, I'm not that good at PC shooters but I'm holding my own in casual matches anyway.

But a lot of people have an issue with the SCAR-20, my beloved Dak-Dak that draws a lot of ire.

Is it actually broken? If it's that overpowered surely it would have been nerfed, surely it would be used by professionals all the time.

Should I give a s*** what people think about the gun I use, or is it as problematic as people claim it to be?
They throwing stones like they runnin' out of ammo.
GT - Vanessa Magick /// PSN - VanessaMagick

User Info: TitanStrike

TitanStrike
2 years ago#2
use it and laugh at the other people

but it's just unfun as f*** to play against
oxxxx|==============> || cant stump the crump
MC, Steam, most other IGN's: KITTYONFYRE

User Info: YattaRX8

YattaRX8
2 years ago#3
It's balanced in competitive because of how expensive it is. Same concept should apply to casual except people are uncoordinated in casual which makes them easy pickins.

People will honestly find anything to b**** about, though. In 1.6 people would give you s*** for using the "noob cannon" (auto shot gun) and the auto shotty was actually pretty s***ty in 1.6.
http://i.imgur.com/wUDbB3O.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/WROLjQO.jpg

User Info: Suicide_Jester

Suicide_Jester
2 years ago#4
It is kind of annoying to play against cuz it's like an ez mode AWP. If you want to become good at the game you should learn to use the AK and the M4.

Also TC where have I seen your name before? TF2 boards?
http://i.imgur.com/1H8TIxh.jpg

User Info: LivingInPapaya

LivingInPapaya
2 years ago#5
Suicide_Jester posted...
It is kind of annoying to play against cuz it's like an ez mode AWP. If you want to become good at the game you should learn to use the AK and the M4.

Possibly? I've posted there before but not for yonks
They throwing stones like they runnin' out of ammo.
GT - Vanessa Magick /// PSN - VanessaMagick

User Info: OssimFace

OssimFace
2 years ago#6
LivingInPapaya posted...
Suicide_Jester posted...

Possibly? I've posted there before but not for yonks

I think I've seen you on the Call of Duty boards before I quit.

User Info: Shinnokxz

Shinnokxz
2 years ago#7
If you are not on a well coordinated team, a SCAR or the the auto sniper purchase can be costly due to the fact that you've kind of opened up a pandora's box of all players starting to buy them (majority in matchmaking will not use this gun out of principle) They start to screw over your ability to win eco rounds since there's very little that can be done in such a situation when the other team has a decent enough player using it. It really does put a fingerprint and change the makeup of how the whole half/match is played out.

User Info: Suicide_Jester

Suicide_Jester
2 years ago#8
Shinnokxz posted...
If you are not on a well coordinated team, a SCAR or the the auto sniper purchase can be costly due to the fact that you've kind of opened up a pandora's box of all players starting to buy them (majority in matchmaking will not use this gun out of principle) They start to screw over your ability to win eco rounds since there's very little that can be done in such a situation when the other team has a decent enough player using it. It really does put a fingerprint and change the makeup of how the whole half/match is played out.

Yep pretty accurate. "Oh we're using autos now?" Then the match devolves into a sniper shootout.
http://i.imgur.com/1H8TIxh.jpg

User Info: Rohkey

Rohkey
2 years ago#9
There is almost an unwritten gentlemen's agreement to not use it in matchmaking. When someone does buy one, you'll often hear people b**** about it and the other team will start using them against you (I'd highly suggest not buying one in the early rounds if you start CT). AWPs also counter autos pretty effectively, because of how it takes two body shots to kill with autos versus just needing to land one AWP shot. In high level play the expensiveness of autos and being countered by AWP mean they're not used very often, but in lower levels of play they can decimate teams.

However, it's really not "fun" in my opinion and others. Using one turns the game into an auto-war and basically everyone on other team will try to kill you if you start wrecking them with it.
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/69453039
facebook.com/theyetee

User Info: AntiProposal

AntiProposal
2 years ago#10
Unfortunately thats the way it works, even though its balanced with cost, its just that people are idiots, and can't think of a better counter than "FINE DEN IMA BUY A AuTO 2". Sure it is annoying to go up against, but a good awp player wouldve killed you faster anyway, being the issue that it gives you way more room for error, hence its noob friendly.

Like people have mentioned, you really dont want that to be your go to primary, way too costly in competitive to use it regularly. First learn the ak, m4, and make sure you practice with pistols as well. Fire against a wall, notice the recoil pattern, and practice firing while reversing the recoil pattern. Once that becomes more and more natural, you will perform better.

You can find a lot more thorough info on the game on youtube.
http://i.imgur.com/3FK9236.gif

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived