• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Game of Thrones
  3. Just finished this (info for fans of show and books)

User Info: Gorillafunk22

Gorillafunk22
2 years ago#1
I wasn't sure what to expect from this game having heard bad things. But I'm into the books and TV show so much I really wanted to give it a try.

A few things that might be of interest to those who follow the show or books. I don't consider these spoilers.
- The whole game is in Westeros. There is mention of the free cities and Essos but you don't go there.
- The only characters from the show to appear in the game are Varys, Cersei, Joer Mormont and Qorin Half hand (from memory) There are no Starks, other Lannisters, Danaerys or White Walkers.
- You visit a handful of places - The Wall, King's Landing and Mole's Town are the only places from the show. There are some new cities/castles particular to the game. There isn't really a free roaming element but you can re visit places.
- Look out for a cameo by the one and only George R. R. Martin.

In terms of general comments on the game. It is hard to get into at first largely due to the combat system and confusion over equipment etc. I had a hard time working out how to best use abilities and and in particular had trouble equipping the right stance later in the game when you get the chance to add an extra group of abilities. But once you get a feel for the combat (which took me a few chapters) you will be fine. Particularly if you take the chance to grind at the Arena (chapter 8 or 9 from memory) and get some decent weapons.

The story is excellent and will pull you through. Be prepared for the usual GoT twists, backstabbing etc. Particularly the last 4 or 5 chapters are very rewarding story wise.

The game doesn't conflict with the main GoT storyline at all. It complements it with other events that are all happening in the background. In terms of timing, the game is set during season 1 so there are minimal spoilers for the show, the exceptions being the hunt for Robert's bastards, the revelation that John Arryn was murdered and the conflict between Starks and Lannisters.
2600, NES, GB, SNES, SMD, NGX, GBC, LNX, PS1, SAT, N64, GBA, PS2, GCN, XBOX, DC, PSP, DS, PS3, X360, WII, VITA, 3DS, XONE, PS4
  1. Boards
  2. Game of Thrones
  3. Just finished this (info for fans of show and books)
  • Topic Archived