• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Game of Thrones
  3. Ahh, that arena! (Ch. 8)

User Info: Shotgunnova

Shotgunnova
4 years ago#1
Been waiting to get a little grinding/looting in -- pretty fun stuff in an otherwise run-of-the-mill chapter. Those having trouble on the last fight, here's a protip: use Strangler poison immediately. That inflicts ever-increasing damage as the fight goes on, even during stunned/knockdown status.
Take me down from the ridge where the summer ends
And watch the city spread out just like a jet's flame

User Info: TimeOfTheDark

TimeOfTheDark
4 years ago#2
Oh wow you're a mod now? I remember your name from way back when. FFT board maybe?

Yeah just got to chapter 8 myself. Love the story, hate the game lol.

Itll be nice to make money and get some loot.

User Info: Shotgunnova

Shotgunnova
4 years ago#3
Been a mod for years, actually. :P

But yeah, the game's combat can be a bit bland -- was never fond of that DA:O stuff. Playing as a Water Dancer gives you that physical counter ability, though, so it was a bit easier to play as Alester than Mors, who just has to slog through everything. After awhile, combat becomes much more tolerable. If you're playing as a Water Dancer, too, there's some skill that makes hits on knocked-down enemies instant criticals, so you can use "Calm as Water" (or whatever it's called) to get in some potshots on major targets. Also good for buying time for Strangler, too.

As far as the story goes, there certainly seems to be a respect for canon, even if the game isn't touching on much beyond season one (which isn't a detriment; this did release a few years back, after all). The story and lore are really the selling points, although it certainly is fun using each character's special power -- especially Mors' dog -- to help proceedings.

Anyway, beat the game a day or two ago. Decent conclusion, although I dunno if I'd want to go through the game again. As said, Mors' chapters were often slogfests, even with dog assassinations -- that may be due to me playing as a 2H guy, though.

Things I didn't really like:

- Can't load during battle
- Can't grind at leisure (the game gives you enough EXP to max out near the final chapter)
- For a GoT game, there weren't too many major faces from the games shown
- Revisiting areas is often pointless since enemies don't respawn (outside of precious few sidequests)
- Money is rather hard to come by in the early chapters and rather easy to come by toward the end =|
Take me down from the ridge where the summer ends
And watch the city spread out just like a jet's flame
  1. Boards
  2. Game of Thrones
  3. Ahh, that arena! (Ch. 8)
  • Topic Archived