• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Travelling+autosaving

User Info: gothmog87

gothmog87
4 years ago#1
Hey,
I always played BL2 on 360 but had to grab it on the sale on PS3 too.
Is there a way to disable the cancelled travel message? I never had this before on the other console after several hundred hours but this is unbelievable annoying,
I thought I could just go offline, because it's a MP thing, but it didn't work. Why does it do that?
Last of Us, on the other hand, looks barely better than a PS2 game.
~icewolf74 1/11/2014 9:15:11 PM

User Info: Saspurs211

Saspurs211
4 years ago#2
So u don't lose all your stuff u just did. That's pretty much it, nothing u can do about it.
PSN:joe-14_

User Info: gothmog87

gothmog87
4 years ago#3
Saspurs211 posted...
So u don't lose all your stuff u just did. That's pretty much it, nothing u can do about it.

Okay, just strange, because you can clearly do that in all other versions of the game
Last of Us, on the other hand, looks barely better than a PS2 game.
~icewolf74 1/11/2014 9:15:11 PM

User Info: Saspurs211

Saspurs211
4 years ago#4
It gets annoying. Just make sure to wait till the auto save disappears and no one is in a menu. U will get used to it.
PSN:joe-14_

User Info: 71ravn

71ravn
4 years ago#5
It triggers anytime any player goes within range of a checkpoint or FTS. Which is why if we're exiting an area and I have a line-of-sight to the FTS, I'll fire a couple shots (=2 rounds, or burst) to indicate the team should go ahead. In that way, I don't get close enough to trigger the auto-save. Again. For every single player.

Or I'll find a quiet spot to hunker down, open the XMB, and text the host "go".

But as for turning off the auto-save, no, there's no way to do that. And it's offline as well.

However, there is a plus side to it. Assume that everyone is getting slaughtered before they can reach the next checkpoint, as evidenced in Bahroo's "Worst Bloodshot Stronghold Run" video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2NVRLdzcLmw#t=238
When the above happens and my team keeps dying trying to make progress, I might momentarily abandon them for the sake of progress, making a beeline for the next checkpoint to prevent the rest from having to make their way from, say, the checkpoint by the first VM inside Flynt's camp when everyone is getting killed somewhere by the stairs.
"There's a time for a scalpel, and a time for a hammer. It's hammer time." -- S. Shaw, "Person of Interest (s03e12)"
PSN: Raven-Ghosthawk

User Info: a_riot04

a_riot04
4 years ago#6
TC, you're talking about not being able to change maps while the save icon is up there? That's a ps3 exclusive thing. Just a guess guys, I think its GBX' way to properly run the game on ps3. You see, if I read the articles correctly, ps3 is weaker. Saving puts quite a stress on the system, thus it may run poorly @ worst crash while saving and loading next map resources @ the same time. Hence, the wait for save then travel system.
Reinforcements? I am THE reinforcements.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Travelling+autosaving
  • Topic Archived