• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Optimal backpack size vs upgrading other stuff (ammo)?

User Info: EvanVanVan

EvanVanVan
3 months ago#1
I'm wondering what the optimal backpack size is and if it's worth it to continue upgrading it vs spending eridium on other ammo upgrades?

I've only been doing backpack upgrades so far an I'm up to 27. The next upgrade costs 50 eridium...Is it worth spending that or start upgrading other ammo categories?

Thanks

User Info: MrKapowski

MrKapowski
3 months ago#2
Eridium is easy to get, if you play long enough you'll run out of stuff to buy with it.
http://i.imgur.com/AUD7lK4.gif
http://imgur.com/AVz8ad6.jpg

User Info: DuneMan

DuneMan
3 months ago#3
Generally speaking I rush the 20 Eridium upgrade for the backpack first, then hold off on the 50 Eridium upgrade while getting ammo upgrades for whatever ammo types I'm using heavily at the time.

The 50, 100, 200, etc. upgrade amounts are more or less intended to be post-story. This is because the final storyline boss coughs up... I dunno, something like 40 Eridium every time it's slain.
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao

User Info: EvanVanVan

EvanVanVan
2 months ago#4
nice, thanks.. that's exactly the information i was looking for.. Of course by now I had kind of gotten there myself, but good for future googlers! lol
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: eolsunder

eolsunder
2 months ago#5
Upgrade your ammo on the weapons you use a lot. Usually people love their snipers, smgs, assaults, pistols. A grenade upgrade or 2. Many don't really use shotguns, rockets, etc so they don't upgrade those much. Backpack is a must, helps you carry more loot, plus helps you carry variable items to switch out. Number 1 priority. Bank size, a little here or there, never hurts to keep stuff in the bank for maybe other characters, or doing badass completions, etc.

I would say backpack size is main priority, followed by ammo of what you normally use. Skip the ammo on stuff you really don't use. I NEVER use shotguns, rockets except for badass completion training, even if I find a awesome shotgun or rocketlauncher.
I am outraged! I am outraged beyond words! Yet...I have something I want to say..
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Optimal backpack size vs upgrading other stuff (ammo)?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A