Warning: This will make farming much, much harder.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Warning: This will make farming much, much harder.

User Info: P4wn4g3

P4wn4g3
11 months ago#271
Well honestly a lot of the debates around Borderlands 1/tps vs 2 tends to come down to personal preference, regardless of player skill or time spent on the game. I've noticed for example a lot of people will like one set of story and dialogue and hate the other. If you really wanted to have a serious debate over the guns in the game there would have to be some standards to meet to make one better than the other, otherwise it's very subjective.
Hive Mind of Dark Aether, the unofficial Metroid Social Private board.
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/851-dark-aether

User Info: blackhrt

blackhrt
11 months ago#272
I still stay they've made polarizing games. the second one of them has mistaken identity IMO, but its tolerable? I mean its better than Mass Effect 3.
"I live my life 3 videogames at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not my clan and their BS. For those 3 games or less, I'm free."

P4wn4g3
11 months ago#273
I dunno, I think they made (some) attempt to return to the original formula with TPS and it was a flop.

User Info: ima420r

ima420r
11 months ago#274
P4wn4g3 posted...
ima420r posted...
P4wn4g3 posted...
It still works for me.

I will hafta try it again then.

I also am on PC, if consoles lock you out of it then that sucks.

On xbox I get an error. :(
He who is tired of Weird Al Yankovic is tired of life.

User Info: gdaddy

gdaddy
6 months ago#275
for shields

https://i.imgur.com/bSEbMZr.png
hunt your treasure, treasure the hunt
http://i.imgur.com/CUVmCXn.jpg

User Info: Kau353

Kau353
6 months ago#276
NECROPOST!!! Perfect parts are mainly for two types of people, 1 those who gib & 2 those with absolutely no life beyond playing this game, whatsoever, PERIOD! If I get what I’m trying for, I’m happy, I grab it, I move on, DONE! If I find a better parts one I’ll replace but I don’t go looking for better versions, even with the improved drop rate just getting a farm item to drop is a massive pain in the ñü+’s
What? Idk, my game just froz.......

P4wn4g3
6 months ago#277
Perfect parts are required for certain builds and easy to farm on certain items, but otherwise I agree.
(edited 6 months ago)

User Info: DuneMan

DuneMan
6 months ago#278
Parts can also make a huge difference for particular weapons. For example, a Torgue launcher's handling will completely change if it has a Maliwan exhaust boosting the missile speed. Maliwan Snider sniper rifles can also be great or semi-trash depending on if they spawn with a Maliwan barrel or a Dahl barrel.

Knowing the parts also makes it easier to gauge the relative usefulness of a weapon at a glance. Without knowing the parts you might have to pick up a weapon and drag it around somewhere to do some test firing. With the parts though you can make an informed snap judgement of 'yes, please' or 'I'll pass'.
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao

User Info: WretchedOwl

WretchedOwl
6 months ago#279
DuneMan posted...
Parts can also make a huge difference for particular weapons. For example, a Torgue launcher's handling will completely change if it has a Maliwan exhaust boosting the missile speed. Maliwan Snider sniper rifles can also be great or semi-trash depending on if they spawn with a Maliwan barrel or a Dahl barrel.

Knowing the parts also makes it easier to gauge the relative usefulness of a weapon at a glance. Without knowing the parts you might have to pick up a weapon and drag it around somewhere to do some test firing. With the parts though you can make an informed snap judgement of 'yes, please' or 'I'll pass'.

Listen to this f***ing champion ladies and gentlemen. Did you know that a Nukem with all Maliwan parts can sling nukes over the horizon while a Nukem with all Torgue parts will literally drop the nuke on your toe?

A Jakob's coach gun with the right parts will blow its entire magazine with two shots and reload in a snap, taking advantage of the Gunzerker's money shot every other shot for BOTH hands?
3 players are killing a single enemy.... enemy is nearly dead... kallari pops up and takes the kill. Wow. Useful charakter. Not! -- Arok_
-- PSN: WretchedOwls
(edited 6 months ago)

User Info: Eternal K

Eternal K
6 months ago#280
WretchedOwl posted...
Did you know that a Nukem with all Maliwan parts can sling nukes over the horizon while a Nukem with all Torgue parts will literally drop the nuke on your toe?

I wish GameFAQs had a feature for liking posts, just because of comments like this.
2007 - 2008 NHL Saturday Picks Champion
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Warning: This will make farming much, much harder.