Ultimate.... Impossible to solo?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Ultimate.... Impossible to solo?

User Info: Jkickit

Jkickit
5 years ago#31
Panopictonguy posted...
Jkickit posted...
I've played UVHM both co op and solo. Solo seems a lot easier IMO. Co op adds a bazillion more enemies and health. It would help to know what build and gear you were running. I don't see how you'd have a hard time if you're slagging and using gear at your level. That's all you need really. And no, gearbox doesn't need to address this, its fine how it is. I'm sorry, but if you're having a hard time, go back to TVHM.

They do need to address the most difficult mode geared towards hard-core players. It needs to be easier, it's too hard for non hardcore players. It's poorly designed for new comers and casuals.

What's so hard about simply using slag and gear on near level? Agreed with Storm, no need to gimp it.
Deal with it- http://tinyurl.com/amdcu8s FF XIII/Skyrim = 100% -- GT: Gears of Wario
Now Playing: Borderlands2/FFXIII-2/MW2

User Info: Mayhemers

Mayhemers
5 years ago#32
It's hard, but doable. And as I am running Zer0, I have respec'ed for UVHM mode, and going down the middle towards Kunai acquisition currently as I'm using Deception a lot, lot more. Should be there in a couple of levels time, as I didn't want to give up some of my other skills which are proving still useful.

No Slagga, but I have a very good slag pistol to mess them up, a shock burst sniper to insta nuke shields, and then a very good fire SMG or still my lvl50 corrosive CC for various opponents. And a high damage (200k+), high magazine rocket launcher for those time you just need to blow everything up and start again.

Lvl 54 currently, and just about to head to the Bloodshoot base to rescue Roland...
Lie with passion and be forever damned...

User Info: Maximus40

Maximus40
5 years ago#33
Damage isn't the problem. If I'm not doing enough damage against something I need to kill, I'll either find something I need, or transfer something else from another character.

Like I mentioned, the difficulty isn't the problem. The AI and almost everything else is the same way it's always been. I just wanted to express how stupid it is that no matter what shield/skills you have, it's still possible to go down in one hit (and most of the time, pretty damn close) It doesn't matter what your damage output is, or anything else for that matter. If you're going solo, chances are that the bosses are just going to get full health back after hitting you once.

Let's just put it this way: The game becomes a total joke as soon as you're not soloing anymore, due to reviving and a much higher chance that the boss you died against isn't going to regenerate full health.

I just find it stupid and frustrating that this can feel like one of those arcade "one hit you're dead and start over" games. That is not how it was balanced before this difficulty was released. It could have been done better. I appreciate people who have given advice, and I've actually never heard of the unkempt until now, so I'll look into that.

But if you're just here to say everything is just fine and you never die in one hit, you're full of fat crap
You're born with nothing, better make it enough.

User Info: ApolloAnton

ApolloAnton
5 years ago#34
This might help you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7SftDAf0fE

User Info: Panopictonguy

Panopictonguy
5 years ago#35
Jkickit posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
Jkickit posted...
I've played UVHM both co op and solo. Solo seems a lot easier IMO. Co op adds a bazillion more enemies and health. It would help to know what build and gear you were running. I don't see how you'd have a hard time if you're slagging and using gear at your level. That's all you need really. And no, gearbox doesn't need to address this, its fine how it is. I'm sorry, but if you're having a hard time, go back to TVHM.

They do need to address the most difficult mode geared towards hard-core players. It needs to be easier, it's too hard for non hardcore players. It's poorly designed for new comers and casuals.

What's so hard about simply using slag and gear on near level? Agreed with Storm, no need to gimp it.

I'm pretty sure Stormy caught what seems to have flown over your head.
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.

User Info: IAmDJNinjaStar

IAmDJNinjaStar
5 years ago#36
Let's talk TC. Yes, UVHM can be tough. Yes, you might die more. But it's a learning curve. I've beat UVHM with Sal and Maya. I'm also admittedly not terribly awesome in general at video games. Yet after playing an insane amount of BL2, you learn a few things about the game.
- Slag IS amazing. Especially in UVHM.
- Upgrade gear as needed. I'd rather have a mid 50s turtle shield than a level 50 legendary anything shield. Don't get too attached.
- Swap weapons and use the right element. In the first two playthroughs, you can use a single weapon and coast. Not happening in UVHM. I have really learned to appreciate those random mid-tier guns this go-round. My shield buster? A random blue tediore shock SMG. I probably wouldn't have looked twice at that gun before.
- When in doubt, EXPLOSIVES! Seriously, my Sal used a pair of 50 UHs (non-DP) all the way until I found higher level ones. And it melted EVERYTHING'S face.
- Use cover. Seems like common sense, but I'll bet most people still go into UVHM like a G.I. Joe with a deathwish. Take it a hair slower.
- Accept that you will die more. It's gonna happen. It's harder. I mean honestly, didn't you kinda assume this might be the case?
Okay, that's enough. If it's still too tough, TVHM is waiting for you TC.
Hi, IAmDJNinjaStar.

User Info: Panopictonguy

Panopictonguy
5 years ago#37
I just want to let everyone in this topic who keeps suggesting Unkempy Harold. It's not explosive damage that is destroying it's the fact your gun is Op as ****

Harold, Sandhawk, Pitchfork and other guns that fire multi-pellet shots get the full damage bonus for each pellet. So normal rules don't apply to those weapons. whether gbx is ok with this, or they haven't found a way it yet is up to debate.

So in general before you suggest Beehawk or Unkempt Bee try to teach people the basics first.

Fire is good against unarmored targets
Corrosive is good for armored targets
Shock is good for taking out shields
Slag is amplified in UVHM all slagged enemies take 3x damage from other elements and 1.5x damage from slag itself.

Use cover, and if you get pursued by extremely fast melee enemies, 180 and Sprint otherwise they will punish you while back pedaling.
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.

User Info: booyakasha128

booyakasha128
5 years ago#38
The one thing I don't think anyone's mentioned yet, keep a Rubi on you at *all* times. It heals you for 12% of any damage you do while it's out, whether that's from your action skill, grenades, or Rubi itself. It doesn't even matter what level it is, I used my 50 all the way until 61 when I traded up for a proper level version. It's an absolute life-saver with all the damage that gets thrown around.
My name is Booya, and tacos rule (b^_^)b
http://www.last.fm/user/booyakasha128

User Info: Mayhemers

Mayhemers
5 years ago#39
Panopictonguy posted...
Use cover, and if you get pursued by extremely fast melee enemies, 180 and Sprint otherwise they will punish you while back pedaling.

Yeah... in my case so far, slag them as they get near, Deception, get round the back, dash melee to Death Mark, unleash with fire SMG/corrosive CC, melee if they get near again. Unless it's a Super Badass Psycho or similar (hello rockets), then they usually drop from that.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...

User Info: SuprSaiyanRockr

SuprSaiyanRockr
5 years ago#40
Panopictonguy posted...
I just want to let everyone in this topic who keeps suggesting Unkempy Harold. It's not explosive damage that is destroying it's the fact your gun is Op as ****

Harold, Sandhawk, Pitchfork and other guns that fire multi-pellet shots get the full damage bonus for each pellet. So normal rules don't apply to those weapons. whether gbx is ok with this, or they haven't found a way it yet is up to debate.

So in general before you suggest Beehawk or Unkempt Bee try to teach people the basics first.

Fire is good against unarmored targets
Corrosive is good for armored targets
Shock is good for taking out shields
Slag is amplified in UVHM all slagged enemies take 3x damage from other elements and 1.5x damage from slag itself.

Despite its damage, I can't say that the DPUH is something that can be relied upon. It has short range due to the spread, and the pellets move slowly. Plus, you still need to slag opponents to make a difference with it.

It's okay for getting out of FFYL, or beating Gee the cheapo (bore) way, imo.
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Ultimate.... Impossible to solo?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived