• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sniper Elite V2
  3. SEv2 series is a good one

User Info: rt389g

rt389g
5 years ago#1
Sniper Elite V2 is a good game, very fun. Yes it could be better and I look forward to 3. I would give it a solid 8, my biggest complaint is sometimes I just didnt know what they wanted me to do. So in one or two spots I had to look on the internet. Another thing I missed was civilians and I do not think any women at all. I played all the way through on normal and then the DLC on the Elite setting. I really didnt see much difference, still fun. Hitler DLC very small. Then I started playing Sniper Elite the original (on PC) and it too is fun. I am about half way through it. I also picked up The Sabotuer (PC) and I am having a blast. Total open world, playing a resistence fighter in France (paris and surrounding area) during Nazi occupation. It is not a sniper came (although there are sniper rifles and the ability to snipe). Lots of crazy missions, good story and lots of violence.
Tons and tons of side missions and just random stuff. Example of random stuff, this nazi was beating on this old lady with his billy stick, as I was driving down the street. I stopped, snuck up behind him, pulled out my pistol and put the bullet in his head. Another time a Nazi was beating on a french guy. I headed in that direction, then noticed the guy got pissed and beat up the Nazi, very cool. You can climb as well, so Its kind of like GTA, saints row, assasins creed and Fall out in a WWII setting. It is from 2009, so graphics are only good at best. Total open. I really hope SE3 is like this, focusing on sniping missions, and better graphics. If your into 3rd person and liked SE 1 and 2. Sabotuer is a great game to play while waiting for SE3.

User Info: rt389g

rt389g
5 years ago#2
The one thing SEv2 does good is the sniping. I have now played about 10 hours of The Sabotuer and I am blown away. The sniping is decent. you get a nice scope to zoom in with and it is possible to take someone out from a distance and not be swarmed by nazis. They do start looking around for where it came from, but not like in SE where they just shoot and run right to where you are. It did get mixed reviews of people loving or hating it. I find it quite impressive and unique. I really hope Rebellion takes note of The Sabotuer. The is so much to see and discover, I tend to move the difficullty up and down as I play, which affects the number of hits you can take and how the Nazi AI works. I have not tried the hardest level yet. I have played a few sniper mission and it felt quite similar to SE, but with the freedom of open world. It is similar to SE that many missions are go in quiet and go out loud. It is quickly becoming one of my favorite games, and I can see myself playing 50+ hrs doing all the main and side missions, collecting everything and blowing up the 1000 Nazi items that can be blown up, like towers and depots, etc. I just hope SVE3 match this, in its own style of course and with up todate graphics and features.

User Info: shawnmck

shawnmck
5 years ago#3
I wasn't expecting much out of this game, and I was pleasantly surprised.
The sniping is the best, and it also adds a level of thinking and strategy.
The X-Ray view is just icing on the cake, but does add to the fun immensely.
  1. Boards
  2. Sniper Elite V2
  3. SEv2 series is a good one
  • Topic Archived