• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: yankeefan03

yankeefan03
6 years ago#1
How is the online on here? What are the game modes and such? Is it still active?
"Ummm... Brotherhood was in Rome, not Italy."
X-Box Live Gamertag--GageIsLegend

User Info: EDarien

EDarien
6 years ago#2
Not too active, but I've found a few games.

VS is fun. There're team deathmatch with some variations. You can have rifles only or all weapons. You can have full maps or where each team is separated and relegated to their own side.

Co-op has the campaign cooperatively, as well as a Kill Tally where you're basically just two guys, on the ground with your guns and kill the waves as they come. It's ok. Nothing special. Bombing run where you have to basically repair your escape vehicle with your partner. Both with full weapon loadouts and, at least in the one stage I've played beyond 5 minutes, a "surprise" to help make it more challenging as it gets closer to the end.

Finally, in co-op is Overwatch. One sniper, one spotter. Spotter is on the ground and also the mission runner. No rifle for the spotter. It's a really fun game mode, but there's only 3 maps for it :*( It makes for 6 fun games with one friend, though. Swapping sniper/spotter roles for each of the 3. I wish they'd put more maps in for Overwatch, myself, but it's a great game mode. Bombing run is fun, too. But player skill definitely comes more into play there. I had one random who thought it was CoD. That didn't go well ...

Anyway. It's a great game, so if you don't have it, I recommend it. But if you're expecting a CoD or Halo type experience, look somewhere else. Sniper Elite is about stealth, waiting for your shot and precision. Not running around and shooting everyone you see with an automatic gun and no consequences. I'm not saying I know which you are, but I feel the need to say it after some of the people I've come across while playing, as well as a guy my dad showed the game too. He said he just ran around like an idiot, not really understanding the point of the game, in that regard.
On a scale of 1 to Voldemort, he's a "Doesn't have a nose, but doesn't know Evada Kedabra." - RAGEface14

yankeefan03
6 years ago#3
I had the first one for ps2 and was wanting to pick up the silver star edition. Me and a friend are wanting to do co-op through the story. I hope the online stays active it seems really fun.

User Info: EDarien

EDarien
6 years ago#4
yankeefan03 posted...
I had the first one for ps2 and was wanting to pick up the silver star edition. Me and a friend are wanting to do co-op through the story. I hope the online stays active it seems really fun.

I haven't done the campaign co-op, myself. But if it's just the regular game with the benefit of two shooters, it'll be lots of fun. There have been a few times were just that extra gun during one shot, for a synch shot, would have been really nice. Otherwise, I'm probably almost all the way through it. I'm taking my time on this one.

The Overwatch mode is a blast, though. You and your friend will really enjoy that if you like this kind of gameplay. One guy is on overwatch and the other marks enemies with his binoculars, sets traps and really good communication can make or break some portions. Even if you can't mark enemies, the mic can let you communicate where enemies are, etc.

Great game. Hopefully the community stays active for you, but honestly it's mostly just active in the vs modes. I've run into a few of the same guys in a couple of games on different days. So, for sure, it's a small community. But it seems pretty dedicated. A few are always on mics, communicating position, etc. Despite some possible cheating, I'd try and get along w/ people, even if they're a little annoying, because like I said, you'll likely be running into them again. It's not like Halo or CoD where you'll get online and play 8,000 people in one day and never see the same guy twice. You'll be playing the same 10 or so guys, sometimes with and sometimes against over and over. It's still fun, mind you, just keep in mind how small it is.
On a scale of 1 to Voldemort, he's a "Doesn't have a nose, but doesn't know Evada Kedabra." - RAGEface14

yankeefan03
6 years ago#5
Thanks for all the help man. If you want to play sometime you can add me if you want.
  • Topic Archived