• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: dubc82

dubc82
6 years ago#11
I find this game fun; but the original one was much better. I wish there were more "assassination" type missions where you had to sneak in, take out an office, and sneak out. These levels are also much more linear than the original.

All in all, this is a fun and entertaining game; but it is disappointment when compared to the original Sniper Elite on Xbox....good thing I still own that game and that it is backwards compatiable.
xbox live and WiiU gamertag: crawdad1757
"winners don't quit; that's why they win."

User Info: EDarien

EDarien
6 years ago#12
natevines posted...
clippers1624 posted...
people dont like it because it doesnt say call of duty on it and they dont give it a chance but i loved it

Meh. I hear this on every single game. The fact is it's glitchy, the AI sucks, etc. Don't say people don't like it because it's not CoD. It's also not Halo, or Gears of War. Most people loved the original game but this one - while it's OKAY - is not a worthy successor.

Some of the most popular and successful console games out there are glitch-fests. Some of the AI in this is ... odd, but overall I disagree about not being a worthy successor. I also disagree about how many people loved the original. Neither of these are popular games. They're niche titles and while I enjoyed the original, I didn't find it nearly as "open" as people seem to be saying. Perhaps slightly more than this one, but I still found it pretty restrictive if you wanted to get things actually done instead of just exploring for the sake of. And even the exploration I think wasn't as expansive as people seem to remember it being.

Still think this is a great game and while I've noted a few AI models being "jerky" and unrealistic, but that's any game. Though, this game does seem to have some more than others.

Glad some people are enjoying it still, though. I don't play (games in general these days) as much as I like, but it's always fun when I do. Plus it doesn't all have to be Campaign or Team Deathmatch. The co-op challenge modes can be fun, too. I don't know much from the population, but I play Overwatch with my dad every once in a while and it's awesome. After we go through all 3, swapping Sniper/Spotter on each, we'll probably go through all the Bombing Runs. I tried one today with a random who seemed to think it was CoD an just ran and machine-gunned groups of enemies and got killed twice. I had to kill them all and save him the first time. The second time I just told him he should play CoD and quit out, though. Still, I'm sure not everyone is like that.
On a scale of 1 to Voldemort, he's a "Doesn't have a nose, but doesn't know Evada Kedabra." - RAGEface14

User Info: midnyghtsson265

midnyghtsson265
6 years ago#13
I played the first and it certainly was more open than this one. Not true open world but much more forgiving than these boundaries.

Still fun though, and coop is a welcome addition always!
Dragon's Dogma, Red Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto IV, Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, and Minecraft...5 of my favorite games ever.

User Info: myothracntwsbnd

myothracntwsbnd
6 years ago#14
It may not be as finely tuned a game as CoD or Halo but the xray kills alone make it infinitely more entertaining.
Numbskull.

User Info: Tykahndrius

Tykahndrius
6 years ago#15
I think it's one of the better sniping games out there. My only complaint is I wish it were a little more wide spread on where you could go for vantage points and stuff for shots.

The fact that it went xray when I blew someone's testicles off and showed them exploding made this game pretty much one of my favorites of the last few years.

User Info: aflawedpeace

aflawedpeace
6 years ago#16
Tykahndrius posted...
I think it's one of the better sniping games out there. .

That's not saying much as there are only TWO sniping games out there.
  • Topic Archived