• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Tyrantsandwich

Tyrantsandwich
8 years ago#1
I just lost a match, and hit the rematch option because the only way I'm going to get better is by playing better players than I. My opponent didn't respond for a bit and thought maybe he was lagging.

Several seconds later, I get a message from the guy saying:
"u want a rematch because ur salty?"

I read it and didn't understand what it meant. So I replied:
"Salty?"

He responds:
"Yea, u want to fight me again because i made u salty noob."

I reply:
"That sounds pretty stupid. I just want to fight you again because your good practice."

He says:
"U salty."

Me:
"If you don't want a rematch, you can go."

I get message spammed "U SALTY!" about half a dozen times. So Gamefaqs, am I salty, and if so, what does that mean? It sounds ridiculous when I say it out loud.

User Info: Master_striker

Master_striker
8 years ago#2
http://popmovies.blog.free.fr/public/Salt_Movie_2009_12882.jpg
Not changing this sig until JET SET RADIO FUTURE 2 is announced!!!
Sega stop giving me sonic games please.

User Info: koga_wolf_demon

koga_wolf_demon
8 years ago#3
Means you're mad that you lost. It's one of those terms in the FG community. You get some really stupid ones like KFC(thank GOD that never caught on...)
Official Zero of the UMvC3 Boards. UMvC3 Team: Zero/Hawkeye/Vergil Secondary team: Zero/Dormammu/Wesker
Fighting game stream monster. PJSalt is my middle name.

Tyrantsandwich
8 years ago#4
Means you're mad that you lost. It's one of those terms in the FG community.

Why can't he say that? Salty doesn't make any sense.

User Info: NicoGrimm

NicoGrimm
8 years ago#5
And now, to confuse you even more, I give you Yipes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZZUMjoxfZA
So we hide away our hurts, and put band-aids on our fears. And we lie to all our friends "Move along, there's no problems here!"

User Info: Chacronic

Chacronic
8 years ago#6
Salty - The state of being angry or frustrated by anothers action, definition primarily used by the video game community. Refers to the salt content in tears, as if to say that you were crying.

Example:

Player1: Man I'm tired of your cheap tactics and constant use of high tier characters.
Player2: You sound salty bro. Get good. *presses taunt button*
Senteniel: DETECTING INCREASE IN SODIUM LEVELS. *proceeds to t.bag player1's defeated corpse*.
"If X were here, he would have tried to talk things out first. Unfortunately for you, X isn't here"- Zero UMvC3
Please bring PSO2 to the States Sega.

User Info: Darknessbeast10

Darknessbeast10
8 years ago#7
Chacronic posted...
Salty - The state of being angry or frustrated by anothers action, definition primarily used by the video game community. Refers to the salt content in tears, as if to say that you were crying.

Example:

Player1: Man I'm tired of your cheap tactics and constant use of high tier characters.
Senteniel: DETECTING INCREASE IN SODIUM LEVELS. *proceeds to t.bag player1's defeated corpse*.

Perfect example because this has happened at least once to everyone.
PSN: look at my name
With your power you can do nothing: Not One Single Thing - Pain

User Info: I_liek_mudkieps

I_liek_mudkieps
8 years ago#8
Chacronic posted...

Example:

HYPER SODIUM FORCE

Tyrantsandwich
8 years ago#9
But I wasn't "salty". I just wanted a rematch. Is hitting the rematch option "salty"?

User Info: Darknessbeast10

Darknessbeast10
8 years ago#10
Tyrantsandwich posted...
But I wasn't "salty". I just wanted a rematch. Is hitting the rematch option "salty"?

Nope that just means he's stupid.
PSN: look at my name
With your power you can do nothing: Not One Single Thing - Pain
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

How do I beat Galactus? Main Quest2 Answers
Galactus moveset? General3 Answers
How do you level up Frank West? Build1 Answer
The different?. Side Quest6 Answers
Is the story mode still like the first one? General6 Answers