• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Dishonored
  3. Is Emily *Spoilers*
magnacartagod 9 years ago#1
Is Emily Corvo's daughter? I heard that she is, but I just want to be sure.
Psn: rpggguy1
Currently playing: Destiny, Worms: Revolution.
TheBlueMagician 9 years ago#2
It's up in the air. At the very least she sees you as a father figure, as she draws you a picture that says "daddy" on it. At most, you are her father, as Pendleton says everyone was gossiping about how you were probably sleeping with the Empress, and it could be true. In the end, they don't explicitly tell you.
Psycho_Poodle 9 years ago#3
It is pretty obvious, even if the game doesn't spell it out for you. Likewise, Final Fantasy VI doesn't spell out who Relm's dad is, but its obvious you were supposed to figure it out.
GlassDeviant 9 years ago#4
Evidence suggests yes, but there is no definitive answer.
theject 9 years ago#5
In the last mission, letting Pendleton bleed out lets you hear him say everyone knew corvo was screwing the empress. They betray you because they know with you around Emily will not mold to their liking, there is a book or note that talks about it and they have a strong specualtion that Corvo is her father. There is a picture in the game that Emily drew of Corvo that says daddy. The last emporer was Jessamine's father, not lover. In Havelock's diary he says "Can he really be her father?". There is a hidden room in the castle that has one of those audio bits and a note, both of which seems to possibly confirm, or further push the speculation. The Outsider says you were much more to her than Royal Protector. There is also a note that says the Empress picks the Royal Protectors herself, and they're more than just a bodyguard. So take that for what you will. In the LC ending, you are layed to rest next to the empress, in the same tomb.

That said, it's open. There is no real answer. You can argue "IT'S SMACKING YOU IN THE MOUTH! HE'S HER FATHER!", "THEY NEVER SAY BIOLOGICAL! HE'S ONLY A FATHER FIGURE!", "THEY'RE NOT MARRIED!!! LIES!" "JUST BECAUSE THEY SAID DAUGHTER DOESN'T MEAN IT'S REAL!" and I would say you're all idiots for caring way too much. Give it up, it is an inconclusive scenario with no proof for any side other than it's a "Could be; could not be." deal.
"Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive."
BornIn1142 9 years ago#6
I don't really understand how you can say there's "no proof" when you just listed a whole bunch of proof.
Do you want a revolution without a revolution?
McDude_ 9 years ago#7
That's not proof. It's a whole lot of hearsay.
BornIn1142 9 years ago#8
Yeah, and just because someone's fingerprints are on a murder weapon doesn't mean he really did it, but it's still valid evidence. The proof doesn't have to be 100% conclusive. 99% is enough.
Do you want a revolution without a revolution?
Doc_M 9 years ago#9
What he was trying to say is the evidence doesn't specify whether or not Corvo is Emily's biological father. We know from the game that he is at the very least a father figure to her and was sleeping with the Empress. There is still the possibility that Emily was conceived/born before Corvo showed up.
"Life is a sexually transmitted disease"
-Anonymous
theject 9 years ago#10
BornIn1142 posted...
Yeah, and just because someone's fingerprints are on a murder weapon doesn't mean he really did it, but it's still valid evidence. The proof doesn't have to be 100% conclusive. 99% is enough.

No it's not.

I borrowed a shovel from a neighbor and dug a hole for some plants.
Some guy breaks in and bashes my girlfriend to death while I was out getting the plants to put in the holes.
The killer smudged the shovel finger prints, my print is still ledgible.
One neighbor says "I can't believe he killed his girlfriend."
One neighbor says "I think he might have killed her."
I clearly used the item, but there is no witness to me being gone or being there other than a receipt I threw out the window on the way home because I didn't need it.

As you can see, 99% isn't enough. I was innocent in the scenario. Stop being delusional. It's not conclusive proof. Police would investigate further than assumptions.
"Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive."
  1. Boards
  2. Dishonored
  3. Is Emily *Spoilers*
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A