You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 2
  3. How do YOU pronounce Sulik?

User Info: MagillaGuerilla

MagillaGuerilla
3 months ago#1
I have played fallout about 13 times since 1999. I was 13 when I first played it and fallout. I first tried fallout 1 on a demo I found back on CNET back when My family got our first computer (a gateway). I had $20 dollars in Christmas money and found FO1 for sale in toys r us for $20 bucks. Played it, loved it, found the fallout 1 boards after yahoo searching walkthroughs that brought me here under the name Tatsumaru (big tenchu fan). Then I got Fallout 2 as a gift in December of 1999 and wandered into these boards as well. I miss the old heads like WhiteChocobo666. Moochana, Aya_Madigan, I think Red255 was around then too and is still here. I hate seeing these boards dead.

Anyway, in all those years I have always wondered what the proper pronounciation for Sulik is. I always pronounced it as Sue-Leak.

So, do you think it’s Sue-Leak, Sue-Lick, Suh-Leak, or Suh-Lick or some other variation?
The sun doesn't give its light to the moon assuming the moon is going to owe it one - Linkin Park
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: teflon

teflon
3 months ago#2
The boards are dead because there's not a lot to talk about anymore and people have moved on from Fallout 2 and GameFAQs in general. Everything about Fallout 2 has been dissected at this point. Everything you need to know about the classic Fallout games can be found on NMA and The Vault wiki, so there's little point asking about stuff here.

I pronounce it as Sul-ick.
"Japanman is a nice name."-PsykopijonSnowball3
Secret Board Hunter
(edited 3 months ago)

MagillaGuerilla
3 months ago#3
Oh I fully understand that. That’s obvious. But I was just stopping in to reminisce and honestly was reading that other guys journal thing and thought hmm, I wonder if anyone is around to give me their feedback.

Then I started reminiscing of my childhood that’s all haha. I don’t expect the board to last forever. They lived longer than most boards do. This very board stayed fairly active until just a few years ago. It’s still weird to see it completely dead that’s all.
The sun doesn't give its light to the moon assuming the moon is going to owe it one - Linkin Park

User Info: lordofmud

lordofmud
3 months ago#4
Sue-lick. Is there any other way?
I know, indeed, the evil of that I purpose; but my inclination gets the better of my judgment. - Euripides

MagillaGuerilla
3 months ago#5
Yes, I have always said sue leak lol.

User Info: Aressar

Aressar
3 months ago#6
Sue-lick, just like Sulik himself pronounces it.
One time, CE triggered me so hard with their objectively wrong opinions that I accidentally punched myself in the balls.

MagillaGuerilla
3 months ago#7
Does he pronounce it? I don’t remember it. But it’s been a few years.

User Info: Aressar

Aressar
3 months ago#8
If you question him before recruiting him, he says: "You have more questions for Sulik?"
One time, CE triggered me so hard with their objectively wrong opinions that I accidentally punched myself in the balls.

User Info: teflon

teflon
3 months ago#9
It's been so long since I've talked to him that I completely forgot that he says his own name. When I go to Klamath, I get the Pipe Rifle, get some XP from the rats, maybe get the 10mm Pistol, and get out.
"Japanman is a nice name."-PsykopijonSnowball3
Secret Board Hunter

MagillaGuerilla
3 months ago#10
Same here. I had played it so many times that I usually just burn through the dialogue . This topic is silly now as a result lol.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 2
  3. How do YOU pronounce Sulik?