You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 2
  3. Fallout 2 journal

User Info: Cherrypoptart

Cherrypoptart
6 months ago#1
Never beat this game, got 13 hours into it years ago and then quit. Love the fallout lore and series, this is the only one I haven't beaten besides the two new ones.

Anyways, not really sure what I'm going for on this playthrough. Tag skills of sneak, speech, and small guns. Gifted and Sex appeal are my traits.

Got through the temple of trials easier than I remember it being, found the dog and killed the plants in Arroyo, tried to steal the flint from my aunt to no avail.

Once in Klamath, I talked to the locals, bought some rounds (of beer), stole and sold some stuff to free Sulik, stole the pipe rifle from Vic's shack, took care of the toxic caves (took me a while to find out about the boots), kindled some poor crippled drunk's moonshine still for $50, killed Keeng Ra-at, tried to get a free "bath" to no avail. On to the place known as "The Den", which I have heard is a rough and tumble place...

Cherrypoptart
6 months ago#2
Got to the Den, helped Lara beat Tyler, got the $200 from Fred, freed Vic (got a discount for sleeping with Metzger), gave Smitty his meal, made $200 sleeping with someone at the Hole. Time to make my way to this Vault City...

Stumbled upon Modoc on my way to Vault City. Seems they have been having some ghost trouble. Hmm. Went to the farm, talked to the Slags, seems they made it all up. Convinced Modoc to trade with the Slags (had to re-load to find Karl in time though). Found Johnny's BB gun *weeps for poor Johnny*.

Anyways, I'll be talking to the man in the Slaughterhouse next before I continue on to Vault City.

Cherrypoptart
6 months ago#3
On to Broken Hills. Officially farther in the game than I had gotten last time I played. Did stop by Redding first, but the sheriff seemed to think I was underleveled, so I went to see ol' Marcus.

First time ever being in New Reno to get the part for the air purifier in the mine. Killed the gun dealer because he threw a fit that I was going in the back room and started shooting at me. Oh well, hope I don't need to buy anything off him later.

Anyways, fixed the mine issue and found the missing folks.

Side note: One very underrated thing about this game is the soundtrack. It is AMAZING. Vault City is my favorite so far.

Cherrypoptart
6 months ago#4
Finally got the Chrysalis Highwayman! And promptly ran out of power midway between Vault City and New Reno. Kinda funny it just sitting there in the middle of the desert while me, Sulik, Cassidy, and Marcus walk off.

Cherrypoptart
6 months ago#5
Found out how to refuel my car. Done with New Reno, NCR, helped Vault 15 and discovered Vault 13. Found the GECK finally! Only to find that the Enclave appears to have destroyed Arroyo and appears to have taken all the citizens

User Info: c_s_tadsen

c_s_tadsen
6 months ago#6
When you finish your run, I'll post and point you towards some quests and stuff you may have missed... Don't want to spoil anything, since you seem to be rolling right along. :)
<(0.0<) <(0.0)^ ^(0.0)^ ^(0.0)> (>0.0)>==============O
"Kirby... Ka... Me... Ha... Me... HAAAAA!!!!!!"

Cherrypoptart
6 months ago#7
I'm game for that.

Just finished the Military Base. Kind of sad really, what happened there when you read all the holodiscs.
(edited 6 months ago)

User Info: Pako Pako

Pako Pako
6 months ago#8
It's a great bit of atmosphere building to read up on what lead to what you see.
-=PakoPako=- (Proud member of board 917023!)
"This was brought to you by FRUNGY, the Sport of Kings!"

Cherrypoptart
6 months ago#9
San Fransisco. Got the vertibird plans from Navarro.

Is it bad that I felt worse for the deathclaws getting massacred than my own village?

Cherrypoptart
6 months ago#10
Reached the Enclave
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 2
  3. Fallout 2 journal