• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 2
  3. So why am I dying? (minor spoilers)

User Info: Rikashi

Rikashi
8 years ago#1
Okay, so I needed to get into the Westin Ranch which I tried by lowering my Int (you can get in with Int < 4, the other options didn't work for me) so I took 3 mentats, waited till I got the Int drop after a few days and got it. After I killed him I tried to get back to New Reno and halfway I got the game over screen. Am I getting killed because of a overdose or something because I can't think of any other reason why I would die. It always happens, even if I i just wait and do nothing.
My Sig
Stop reading it

User Info: red255

red255
8 years ago#2
whats your rads at?
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.

Rikashi
8 years ago#3
It did say radiated, but I took a radaway and then my geiger counter said zero. Can you still die even with no rads?
My Sig
Stop reading it

Rikashi
8 years ago#4
Btw, I picked Fast Metabolism at the start. I'm really started to think I'm screwed, having made no backups beyond this point :/
My Sig
Stop reading it

User Info: iforgotnmyname

iforgotnmyname
8 years ago#5
This sounds like stat death to me, I've had this happen before a few times and as far as I know, this is how it works.

What happens is that you've drugged yourself so much that your INT is currently below 0, although the game will always display a stat as at least 1, they can actually go lower. This isn't immediately fatal, but it's been my experience that the game can check for radiation levels every now and then (and displays a message like "you feel sick", if you are radiated beyond a certain point) and if any of your stats are below 0 at this point, you die. This is because extreme levels of radiation have singificant impacts on your stats, so I guess this is to simulate death by radiation or something.

So what I'd do is try and find the exact time you die, but right before that, use a few Mentats to boost your INT above 1 and see if that works. I know you said you tried a Rad-away, but give this a go, it may not just be radiation checks that can trigger stat death. Otherwise, you may need to use a save editor like Falche2 to salvage your character.
Yes i am insane. Abnormally insane though. For that reason i can keep my sanity.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 2
  3. So why am I dying? (minor spoilers)
  • Topic Archived