• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Rune Factory 4
  3. Which monster gives which stats after being killed (for your monster companion)?

User Info: moud

moud
2 months ago#1
Hello. I just started playing the game and I built my first monster barn. My question is this:
Every monster that you kill will give a specific stat to your monster companion, such as +1 STR , +1 DEF, etc. Does anyone have a list of it?
I didn't even know such thing existed until I stumbled upon a topic here a few days ago with a few examples but I couldn't find it again.
Since I'm still at the beginning of the game I don't have a great variety of monsters to kill. My main goal is to tame Ambrosia, I'm not sure yet about others. I also read that it's worth taming monsters that gives produce, which I'm planing to do. Any good or worth or strong monsters worth taming (preferably in the long run) and which stats should I increase for each?
Any extra info, tips, tricks are highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
3DS FC: 5215-2006-2182 (US version)
Switch: SW-6734-1935-2789

User Info: Placid01

Placid01
2 months ago#2
The plotline gives you a green fairy and a silver wolf mid-game. I went ahead and picked up the other 3 fairies as well, for some potent element support.

One each of sheep, chicken, cow, and hornet will give you a steady source of wool, eggs, milk, and honey. The wolf gives teeth, which count as fangs for crafting.

No, I don't have the complete list. But apparently some people swear by killing 25 sheep each time they capture a new monster, at which point they hit a cap for HP gain. Then they go farming orc archers.

moud
2 months ago#3
I was going to get a sheep, chicken, cow, and bee(?). I read about the 25 HP (it actually doubles to 50 HP IIRC), but I didn't remember which monster gave the +HP stats.

Placid01 posted...
The plotline gives you a green fairy and a silver wolf mid-game. I went ahead and picked up the other 3 fairies as well, for some potent element support.

I didn't know about that though.
Thanks for the info.

moud
2 months ago#4
I found the link I was talking about earlier. I'll post it here in case anybody wants to check it.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/635388-rune-factory-4/77701446

I just tamed Ambrosia, what "EV" stats should I raise her (refer to the link mentioned above if you don't understand my point), STR or INT? I already killed around 25-28 woolies so the HP part is done.
I have no idea how to raiser her to be the best possible monster she can be. Any help please? Also, what should I do with her on daily basis and what should I feed her (if its more than one type of item/food, what order should they be and why)? Some topics say to start with Rigid Horn (for the Crit boost). Can I just give her as many as I have on the same day or it's only once a day?

I'm also planning on taming Thunderbold (people say that he's worth taming), so any tips for him as well?

And finally, how many human and monster companions I can have with me at the same time?

Sorry for all the questions, I just don't want to do something wrong and then progress too much and have to start over with a new monster.

Thanks in advance.

User Info: Sandor_Clause

Sandor_Clause
2 months ago#5
moud posted...
And finally, how many human and monster companions I can have with me at the same time?

Two.
Sorry for all the questions, I just don't want to do something wrong and then progress too much and have to start over with a new monster.

You will probably need to replace monsters eventually if you plan on using them for combat. Especially if you use the monster level up orders, as the difference in levels will be enormous and there is, to my knowledge, no way to make monsters catch up hundreds of levels in a reasonable amount of time.

moud
2 months ago#6
That's good to know. Thanks for the info, I'll keep that in mind.

As for my previous question about Ambrosia, can anyone comment please?
I have no idea how to raiser her to be the best possible monster she can be. Any help please? Also, what should I do with her on daily basis and what should I feed her (if its more than one type of item/food, what order should they be and why)? Some topics say to start with Rigid Horn (for the Crit boost). Can I just give her as many as I have on the same day or it's only once a day?

Thanks in advance.
  1. Boards
  2. Rune Factory 4
  3. Which monster gives which stats after being killed (for your monster companion)?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A