• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Rune Factory 4
  3. Baffled by the undocumented upgrade system

User Info: Placid01

Placid01
3 months ago#11
BTW, you neglected to mention that I need to push my forge skill above 80 to include a fire dragon ash, and something higher than 50 (I'm not sure how far yet) to add a rainbow waterpot into a weapon. I'm still working on it.

The trouble with upgrading is that it's a moving target. I took a side trip into Leon Karnak (yes, I'm still on Maya Road in the 2nd story line), beat the mini-boss, and obtained a grimoire scale, a few platinum, and a couple orichalcum. Now I'm looking at better weapons even before I finish upgrading the ones I had.
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: Tokenx

Tokenx
3 months ago#12
True, I always block that level grinding out of my mind as soon as it's over. It helps if you can make a Relax Tea to boost your max RP too. You could also move the crafting stations into the spa for easier access if each upgrade/craft is taking all your RP, since taking a bath restores your HP/RP without erasing your food buffs.
FC: 5129-6943-6886

User Info: Placid01

Placid01
2 months ago#13
After walking through Leon Karnak several times (all except the boss, who ignores me), I went back and finished the 2nd storyline. It was actually easier than Leon Karnak was, but that may have been because I was a bit over-leveled by that point.

Thanks for the help! Using the level bonus made it pretty easy. My main gear at the end was my trusty Chaos Shield (forged into a Small Shield as above and upgraded with L10 iron to get the level bonus), an Aerial Blade (forged into a Broadsword and likewise upgraded with L10 iron), a Stone hammer (also upgraded, for those pesky wind-resistant foes), and a vanilla Lamellar Vest that I found in Leon Karnak.

I still haven't made a good hat, accessory, nor boot.

I expect the third storyline to require all new gear, paying more attention to element and status resists.

One other thing I noticed: I kept trying to use the short sword's charge attack to juggle opponents into the air. As expected, the tactic rendered small opponents helpless. But large opponents were unaffected. Is this a known problem? Is the short sword's charge attack unable to juggle the opponents I'd most want to juggle?

User Info: chaincat22

chaincat22
2 months ago#14
Placid01 posted...
It was actually easier than Leon Karnak was, but that may have been because I was a bit over-leveled by that point.
Leon Karnak is an arc 3 dungeon. It's harder than the final boss by a lot.
[The World]! Toki Yo Tomare!

User Info: Metastase

Metastase
1 month ago#15
I kept trying to use the short sword's charge attack to juggle opponents into the air. As expected, the tactic rendered small opponents helpless. But large opponents were unaffected. Is this a known problem? Is the short sword's charge attack unable to juggle the opponents I'd most want to juggle?

You can do that if your weapon has DARK element.

User Info: Omnigamer

Omnigamer
1 month ago#16
Another misc tip is that the level of materials relative to your craft/forging level is not accounted for during item creation and inheriting. This means that, so long as you have the base RP amount required to include it, you can add effects from very high-level materials at low craft/forge levels. This probably plays into staff forging more than other types of gear, but it is a reasonable way to get a boost if you have a higher-level mat but haven't invested much time into your craft/forge levels. Upgrade-only effects, such as double steel, can't make use of this effect.
  1. Boards
  2. Rune Factory 4
  3. Baffled by the undocumented upgrade system
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A