• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Rune Factory 4
  3. RF4 Forging/Crafting/Cooking Mechanic Compilation

User Info: Kirbye2006

Kirbye2006
7 years ago#1
Here is the compilation of all of the results from my research so far into the Processing Skill mechanics.

Processing Skill Mechanics Compilation

Part One: Forging/Crafting

Items produced by the Forging/Crafting skills have the following components-
1. What Recipe was used
2. Specific Items used during the Crafting phase
3. Extra items added during the Crafting phase* (if applicable)
4. Over-writing Item (if applicable)
5. Items used to Upgrade the produced item
6. Forging/Crafting Bonuses

Each of these components have an impact on the final stats of the product.
1. What Recipe was used
The recipe used to create an item determine the Base Stats for that item. If an item is used to over-write another item, it is the Base Stats determined by the over-writing Item’s Recipe that gets used instead.

2. Specific Items used during the Crafting phase
All of the items used in the recipe, regardless of what they’re used for (recipe or extra effects), contribute to the Total Level Used and Total Difficulty Used (semi-hidden) attributes of the crafted item, which in turn affect the Forging/Crafting Bonuses (explained later).

3. Extra Items added during the Crafting phase* (if applicable)
A produced item can have up to Three extra items stored in it. Items with an extra component within them have a Blue name. When talking to Barrett, the extra items are the ones he mentions were used to create it. There can only be up to three extra items in an object, and these extra items impart their [Upgrade Material] or [Upgrade Info] Effect onto the resulting item, as if they were used to upgrade the item

If a recipe has 4+ components, there will always be one of the components chosen at random to be the Extra item. With regards to Inheritance (explained later), the subcomponents of the *first* same-category Blue-named item are eligible to be extra items; subsequent blue-named items from the same category are ignored completely.

4. Over-writing Item (if applicable)
When crafting an equipment, if you include a same-category item as a subcomponent (ie inserting a Short Sword into a Short-Sword recipe), the Base Stats of the Recipe for the subcomponent you inserted will be used as the Base Stats of the resulting item. Note that this only affects the base stats, and more-over uses the base stats of the recipe; if you insert a Broadsword into a short-sword recipe, the base stats will *always* be 5 Atk, 6 Diz, regardless of whether the Broadsword itself was upgraded/over-written.

The Light Ore item can be used during crafting to convert a single weapon to another weapon-category, allowing its base stats to be used instead. The Light Ore only affects the first Weapon in the crafting recipe, and has no effect on other item types.
People do not read and respond to other user's signatures
Users who respond to this signature: 9 x 9^000 (Started 8/29/09)

Kirbye2006
7 years ago#2
5. Items used to Upgrade
After an item has been crafted, materials can be used to upgrade the item. When a material is used to upgrade an item, the Upgrade Effect for the item will be applied. For most cases, this effect is what is listed as the [Upgrade Info] or [Upgrade Material] components of the item info box. However, there are a few special items that provide semi-hidden upgrade effects, such as Elemental crystals changing the weapon element or others such as Object X or 10-fold steel. For these semi-hidden effects, there is usually a hint in the item description.

Upgrading items contributes to the Total Level Used and the Total Difficulty Used of the item, which is important for the bonuses listed in the next section.

6. Forging/Crafting Bonuses
After Forging/Crafting Level 50, the Total Level Used and Total Difficulty Used of an item provide set bonuses depending on whether they pass certain thresholds. Barrett also makes a specific comment detailing which tier the bonus is at.
----
Total Level Used (TLU) Thresholds for Weapons
Tier 1 (30 TLU): 10 Attack, 5 Matk
Tier 2 (60 TLU): 25 Attack, 10 Matk
Tier 3 (90 TLU): 70 Attack, 40 Matk
Tier 4 (120 TLU): 200 Attack, 180 Matk
Tier 5 (150 TLU): 700 Attack, 650 Matk

Total Level Used Thresholds for Crafting
Tier 1 TLU: 6 Def, 5 M.Def
Tier 2 TLU: 15 Def, 12 M. Def
Tier 3 TLU: 36 Def, 28 M. Def
Tier 4 TLU: 180 Def, 170 M. Def
Tier 5 TLU: ??? Def, ??? M. Def

Total Level Used Barrett Comments
Tier 1: "The materials used in making it were good quality"
Tier 2: "A lot of good materials were used in making it"
Tier 3: "The materials used in making it were great quality"
Tier 4: "The materials used in making it were almost perfect"
Tier 5: "Incredible! The materials used in making this were all perfect!"

Total Difficulty Used (TDU) tiers for Weapons
Tier 1: 10 Attack
Tier 2: 30 Attack
Tier 3: 80 Attack
Tier 4: 150 Attack
Tier 5: 300 Attack
Tier 6: 500 Attack
Tier 7: 1,000 Attack
Tier 8: 2,000 Attack

Total Difficulty Used tiers for Crafting
Tier 1 TDU: 3 Def
Tier 2 TDU: 10 Def
Tier 3 TDU: 20 Def
Tier 4 TDU: 50 Def
Tier 5+ TDU: To Be Determined

Total Difficulty Used Barrett Comments
Tier 1: "It looks like this was made with some unusual materials"
Tier 2: "It looks like this was made with unusual materials"
Tier 3: "It looks like it was made with some rather unusual materials"
Tier 4: "It looks like it was made with rare materials"
Tier 5+: To Be Determined
----

These bonuses stack and apply regardless of the item in question. All of the items used for crafting and upgrading apply to these, and in general using higher level items and higher difficulty items results in better bonuses. (Specific thresholds are yet to be determined)

Kirbye2006
7 years ago#3
Part Two: Cooking
Items produced by the Cooking Skill have the following components:
1. Level
2. Recipe Used
3. Cooking Effects from Ingredients*

1. Level
The level for cooked items (and medicine) is simply the average level of all of the ingredients used. The level influences the Base Stats of the produced item; the higher the level, the higher the base effects.

2. Recipe Used
This determines what the Base Stats are for the produced food (and medicine).

3. Cooking Effects from Ingredients*
All items used to produce a cooked product affect the Total Effect of the finished product. Each and every item has a specific (hidden) Cooking Effect that always applies when the item is used as an ingredient for cooking. The total Cooking Effect from all of the ingredients used are added onto the Base Stats of the recipe.

One major exception are non-edible ingredients such as Ores/Crystals. If even one of these is included in a recipe, the Base Stats of the cooked item are over-written to have a negative effect, which is enhanced by the Level of the product (like other Base stats are for food).

Kirbye2006
7 years ago#4
Part Three: Forging/Crafting Subcomponent Inheritance
This gets its own special section because there are some very specific rules regarding subcomponents for Weapons/Armors.

1. Cross Category components are ignored completely*
Putting a Weapon into an Armor recipe is a waste of time and components; the Weapon won’t be included as a subcomponent for the resulting armor item. This applies to every type of produced item; if it is equipped in a different slot, it won’t get inherited, and it’s subcomponents won’t get inherited either. One minor exception is Shoes/Accessories; you can put a shoe onto an accessory and vice-versa, but subcomponents won’t be eligible and it won’t do anything productive (beyond providing Total Levels/Difficulty). The other exception is using a Light Ore for Weapons; using the Light Ore will change the first Weapon’s type to match the ingredient, allowing Base Stats to be passed on.

2. Only one item can be used to over-write base stats
Specifically, only the first same-category item added (including cross-cat. Weapon + light Ore) is used to over-write the base stats of the resulting recipe. Only the first item’s subcomponents are eligible to be Extra components; the subsequent same-category item and it’s subcomponents are ignored completely.

3. Extra Items are chosen at random from a list of Eligible extra items
Eligible extra items include:
Items used for the recipe (if recipe calls for 4+ items)
Subcomponents of the first same-category item
Material Upgrade Items
Which one gets chosen is random, though the probability of an item being chosen can vary.

4. Shoe/Accessory Abilities
Shoes and Accessories do not over-write other Shoes/Accessories. Shoe/Accessory abilities from shoes/accessories used as Extra Items are applied to the respective item. If a Shoe has three Shoe subcomponents/extra items (as seen by Barrett), then that Shoe when worn will grant up to four movement-influencing abilities (one from the recipe, three from the extra items). The same is true for accessories. However, the Extra Item rules are the same as above; only the first Blue-colored same-category item can pass on sub-components (as well as itself).

Shoes, though they can have accessories on them, are not able to use the accessory abilities. The reverse is true for Accessories; they can’t use Shoe abilities. So don’t use cross-category items when making Shoes/Accessories.

----
Thanks to:
Irrimn and that Crafting topic for initial data used to design my own experiments
Anketam for some of the TLU tier info.
----

There’s a little bit of work that needs to be done for TLU/TDU specifics, but other than that this compilation should be useful. Please let me know if there was something missing (or contribute to the TLU/TDU research).

User Info: Dork_Vader

Dork_Vader
7 years ago#5
Sticky requested.
Harmony is peace, peace is unity, unity is harmony. I tell this to the Nook man. He ask me to leave.
FC: 5043-1916-2602 DA: 4700-2174-5995

User Info: Anketam

Anketam
7 years ago#6
Very nicely put together and very accurate.
My friend code is: 3909 - 7851 - 5052

Kirbye2006
7 years ago#7
Anketam posted...
And the armor TDB bonuses:
Tier 5: 90 DEF
Tier 6: 150 DEF
Tier 7: 400 DEF
Tier 8: 800 DEF

Same TDU and messages from Barrett

Anketam posted...

Tier 5 - It looks like it was made with pretty rare materials
Tier 6 - It looks like it was made with really rare materials
Tier 7 - It looks like it was made with extremely rare materials
Tier 8 - Incredible! This looks like it was made with nothing but the rarest of materials.

Thanks to Anketam for providing the rest of the Tier Bonus info.

User Info: Kazusa

Kazusa
7 years ago#8
Dork_Vader posted...
Sticky requested.
Old, but I'm not that old
Young, but I'm not that bold

User Info: Brian1337

Brian1337
7 years ago#9
Good information.
Self found masterrace.

User Info: Siveria

Siveria
7 years ago#10
Yeah sometimes I notice when I Upgrade a weapon with a piece of grass I sometimes get like 100+ attack bonus or matk bonus. How does this work exactly? I just took a pair of dual leeks from like 300 attack to close to 700, by using crappy low level materials. one item that was +5 matk added 70 attack and like 20 matk when I used it. Also if I was to use say the heart necklace as an extra item during a craft, the resulting new accessorie will also have the increased skill exp from the heart necklace? I am still using a horrible one and I am at the end of arc 2 (the skill exp bonus is pretty massive) I really need something better but its hard to give up the nice skill exp boost. That and my Ambrosia does most of my killing anyway, shes a monster. On floating island I hit for like.. 100 shes hitting for 800-1500 a hit, including all 6 hits on her large aoe wave attack.
(edited 7 years ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Rune Factory 4
  3. RF4 Forging/Crafting/Cooking Mechanic Compilation
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A