• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Rune Factory 4
  3. Forging Bonus Research

User Info: Kirbye2006

Kirbye2006
7 years ago#11
Anketam posted...

As for what the total bonuses are:
Tier 5: 300 ATK - 876 TDU
Tier 6: 500 ATK - 972 TDU
Tier 7: 1,000 ATK - 1164 TDU
Tier 8: 2,000 ATK - 1355 TDU

By the way, what does Barrett say for these Difficulty tiers?
People do not read and respond to other user's signatures
Users who respond to this signature: 9 x 9^000 (Started 8/29/09)

User Info: Anketam

Anketam
7 years ago#12
Kirbye2006 posted...
Anketam posted...

As for what the total bonuses are:
Tier 5: 300 ATK - 876 TDU
Tier 6: 500 ATK - 972 TDU
Tier 7: 1,000 ATK - 1164 TDU
Tier 8: 2,000 ATK - 1355 TDU

By the way, what does Barrett say for these Difficulty tiers?

Tier 5 - It looks like it was made with pretty rare materials
Tier 6 - It looks like it was made with really rare materials
Tier 7 - It looks like it was made with extremely rare materials
Tier 8 - Incredible! This looks like it was made with nothing but the rarest of materials.
My friend code is: 3909 - 7851 - 5052

Anketam
7 years ago#13
With 10/11 Crafting it took 108 TLU to get the first bonus with a shield. As it goes up I will report some of the lower crafting numbers.

Anketam
7 years ago#14
And the armor TDB bonuses:
Tier 5: 90 DEF
Tier 6: 150 DEF
Tier 7: 400 DEF
Tier 8: 800 DEF

Same TDU and messages from Barrett

Kirbye2006
7 years ago#15
Forging Bonus research is now part of the Compilation I put together (which got stickied ^_^)

Edit:
Assuming that 8 Tiers for Difficulty exist for all equipment...

Logically, the TDU interval for a recipe should be-
Maximum TDU Possible for the Recipe / 8

However, it's determining the Maximum TDU that is an issue. I hypothesize that the Game will assume that an upgrade item of Difficulty 95 (or possibly 90 for lower thresholds) will be used for every Empty slot an item has (in crafting and upgrading) to reach Tier 8.

So for Broadsword (which requires 1 Mineral Type), the maximum possible TDU should be (Max Difficulty Mineral: 95 Dragonic Stone for the Mineral Slot) + (15 * 95) = 1425. TDU intervals presumably would be 1425 / 8 (rounded up)

For a Steel Sword, I would think that the Maximum TDU is: (Mineral: 95 from Dragonic) + (Claw/Tooth: 98 from Wind Dragon Tooth) + (95 * 14) = 1428 TDU for Tier 8.

I'm not sure though, but at the very least I think it's very possible that the TDU interval is item-dependant.

Anketam
7 years ago#16
I normally get the final Difficulty Tier on the 9th upgrade item, if I use all 95+ difficulty items. So it does have a little tolerance to it in the event the recipe requires a low difficulty item.

Kirbye2006
7 years ago#17
Okay, after much trial and error, I have the basic idea on how Total Difficulty is determined.

Basically, the Tiers are fixed at a specific Total Difficulty, and every item in the crafting recipe and upgrading contributes to the Total Difficulty. However, each and every ingredient is treated as if it's Difficulty contribution is rounded down to the lowest multiple of 5.

Here are the first two Tiers that I have managed to work out:
Tier 1 Difficulty: 150 TDU
Tier 2 Difficulty: 370 TDU

So to get Tier 1 on a Broadsword, you could use the following:
Silver Ore (Normally Difficulty 32): Difficulty Contribution 30
White Grass (Difficulty 65)
White Grass (Difficulty 65)

Adding those up, you'll get a TDU of 160. That's straightforward, but take a look at this:

Silver Ore (Normal Difficulty 32) Difficulty Contribution 30
Carrot (Normal Difficulty 27) Difficulty Contribution 25

If you start with 1 Silver Ore and just keep adding carrots, it would take 5 Carrots to get to Tier 1 (5 x 25 Difficulty + 30 from the Silver = 155)

If you start with 1 Iron ore (Normal Difficulty: 2, Difficulty Contribution: 0), it would take 6 carrots to get to Tier 1.

So yeah, the big thing that was throwing off our calculations was that the game rounds down to the lowest multiple of 5 when adding to the Total Difficulty Used.

Kirbye2006
7 years ago#18
Oh yeah, and I did a bit of testing on Crafting Extra Items vs. Upgrade Items.

Firstly, the Extra items are treated completely separately from the Upgrade items. The three extra items during crafting, even if they are all the same, will all apply their full Upgrade effect.

Upgrade items have diminishing returns for how many of a single item is used to upgrade. The 1st item is 100% effective, the second of that same item when upgrading is 50%, third gives 25%, and so on. The materials used in crafting don't count towards this.

Further confirming what we already knew, 10-fold steel applies an additional 8x bonus of the previous upgrade, while double steel applies an additional 2x bonus. Interestingly, the Steels don't copy non-numerical effects (like attribute changes from elemental crystals). I went Dark Crystal, Water Crystal, then Double steel as upgrades. Though the Steel copied the Crystal's bonus, it didn't change the then neutral element to Water.

If the Steels only copy numerical values, then I can suppose the following:
We already know that the Steels can increase the attack range bonus from that one Glittering ore. The attack range is presumably a numerical value, which is how the Steel can increase it. The point though, is that it means the Steels can increase hidden numerical values, which is why I think the Steels can work with the Clovers/stuff that increases drop rate.

Coincidentally, if you add a Double Steel first withi no previous upgrade, there is no effect. If you add an upgrade and then another Double Steel, you'll only get an additional 1x bonus instead of 2x, because it is following the 50% effective rule, even though further Double Steels will have no effect.

User Info: Lirishae

Lirishae
7 years ago#19
I really can't say enough nice things about the hard work you've put into this. Thanks for sharing all your findings ^_^
"Little scratches on people's hearts will be gone if they pat them from behind, but the humans don't know that." -Li'l Cactus
White 2: 1636-5705-4662

Anketam
7 years ago#20
So THAT is what was causing it. It was rounding down the difficulties. There is probably something in the code that takes the difficulty and divides it by 5 and just truncates the decimal. This evening I will go ahead and confirm this for the higher tiers and get you numbers on the exact thresholds. Congrats on figuring it out.
  1. Boards
  2. Rune Factory 4
  3. Forging Bonus Research
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A