• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Rune Factory 4
  3. Forging Bonus Research

User Info: Kirbye2006

Kirbye2006
7 years ago#1
Here I am once again presenting data from my experiments on Rune Factory 4 behind-the-scenes stuff. The focus for these tests: Forge Bonuses.

It has already been established that you can get Forge bonuses after Forging level 50 when crafting/upgrading items. However, these bonuses have not been well defined, so I have done some tests to quantitatively show what contributes to the bonuses.

Test 1: Baseline Testing
Item being made: Broadsword using Lvl 10 Iron
Item used to do all upgrades: Toyherb seed lvl 10
Assumption: Seeds have 0 difficulty to upgrade

Level TLU TDU AB DB OB Barrett Comments
1 10 2 5 6 No comments
2 20 2 5 6 NA
3 30 2 15 6 Matk + 5 The materials used in making it were good quality
4 40 2 15 6 Matk + 5 The materials used in making it were good quality
5 50 2 15 6 Matk+5 The materials used in making it were good quality
6 60 2 30 6 Matk+10 A lot of good materials were used in making it
7 70 2 30 6 Matk+10 A lot of good materials were used in making it
8 80 2 30 6 Matk+10 A lot of good materials were used in making it
9 90 2 75 6 Matk+40 The materials used in making it were great quality
10 100 2 75 6 Matk+40 The materials used in making it were great quality

Legend:
Level- The Broadsword's level
TLU- Total Level Used: Total level of all of the components used to craft/upgrade the item
TDU- Total Difficulty Used: Total Difficulty of all components used to craft/upgrade the item
AB- Attack Bonus: The attack stat on the weapon
DB- Dizziness Bonus: The Diz stat on the weapon
OB- Other Bonuses: Anything that pops up on the weapon besides Attack and Diz
Barrett Comments: Notable comments Barrett makes when presented with the item

Conclusion:
There are three tiers of what I will call *Level Bonuses* visible in this experiment.
These occur at TLU 30, 60, and 90 respectively. When I tried a TLU of 28, there was no Tier 1 Level Bonus.
The bonuses for the level bonus are as follows (these are added on to base recipe stats):
Tier 1 (30 TLU): 10 Attack, 5 Matk
Tier 2 (60 TLU): 25 Attack, 10 Matk
Tier 3 (90 TLU): 70 Attack, 40 Matk

The data isn't shown here, but there are 2 additional tier levels
Tier 4 (120 TLU): 200 Attack, 180 Matk
Tier 5 (150 TLU): 700 Attack, 650 Matk

It's also important to note that what Barrett says changes depending on the Tier bonus present.
Tier 1: Materials used were good quality
Tier 2: A lot of good materials were used
Tier 3: The materials used were great quality
Tier 4: The materials used in making it were almost perfect
Tier 5: Incredible! The materials used in making this were all perfect!

Test 2: Whether the level of Materials used during crafting affect total level
Item made: Broadsword using level 10 Iron, and subsequent additions of lvl 10 Toyherb seed to the recipe

TLU TDU AB DB OB Barrett Comments
10 2 5 6 No comments
20 2 5 6
30 2 15 6 Matk+5 The materials used in making it were good quality
40 2 15 6 Matk+5 The materials used in making this were good quality
50 2 15 6 Matk+5 The materials used in making this were good quality
60 2 30 6 Matk+10 A lot of good materials were used in making it.

The tier bonuses kick in at 30 and 60 TLU respectively, all from the components being used during the Crafting phase.
People do not read and respond to other user's signatures
Users who respond to this signature: 9 x 9^000 (Started 8/29/09)

Kirbye2006
7 years ago#2
Test 3: Whether the item being made has any effect on the Tier bonuses
This was a short test; I just used a Claymore recipe instead of the Broadsword recipe (Claymore has higher base attack)

This test followed the protocol from Test 1
For brevity, the results were:
TLU 30; Tier 1; 10 Attack, 5 Matk bonus
TLU 60; Tier 2; 25 Attack, 10 Matk bonus

Conclusion: The item being made has no effect on the Tier bonuses

Test 4: The effects of Difficulty
This was tested because there have been claims on the forums that the difficulty of the items used affect the bonuses of an item.

For brevity, I will only include the data for the levels where the stats changed for all of the parts of this test.

Part A-
Item being made: Claymore using Iron lvl 10
Item used to upgrade: Red Grass lvl 1 (40 Difficulty)

1 10 2 5 6
5 14 162 15 6 It looks like this was made with some unusual materials
10 19 362 45 6 It looks like it was made with unusual materials

Note- There are two tiers of difficulty bonuses seen here, and instantly it can be seen that it's different than the Level bonus (there's no Matk bonus)
Tier 1 Difficulty Bonus: 10 Attack
Tier 2 Difficulty Bonus: 40 Attack
When TDU was 148, I did not get the bonus, so Tier 1 should be occurring at 150 TDU, while Tier 2 Difficulty is probably at 350

Part B: Using a different difficulty item
Upgrade Item: White Grass lvl 1 (65 difficulty)

1 10 2 5 6
4 13 197 15 6 It looks like it was made with some unusual materials
8 17 457 45 6 It looks like it was made with unusual materials

Note- There are two different tiers shown here with the same bonuses
However, while Tier 1 is supported to be 150 TDU (132 TDU no bonus, 197 bonus), Tier 2 is less clear, as there is no bonus when TDU is 392 (unless I made a mistake when recording results)

Part C: Do Level + Difficulty Bonuses stack?
Upgrade Items:
Toyherb seed lvl 10 until Tier 1 Level Bonus reached (level 3)
Red Grass (Difficulty 40) thereafter

1 10 2 5 6
3 30 2 15 6 Matk+5 Materials used in making it were good quality (*Tier 1 Level Bonus reached*)
7 34 162 25 6 Matk+5 Materials used in making it were good quality. It looks like it was made with some unusual materials

Note- Once level 7 was reached, both the Tier 1 Level and Difficulty thresholds were reached, and the resulting stats are boosted accordingly
The two bonuses stack with each other (10 Atk Matk+5 for Level, 10Atk for Difficulty Tier 1)

Part D: Difficulty Bonus during crafting
Item being made: Claymore using Iron lvl 10 and 5 White Grass (dif. 65) lvl 1
Upgrade Items: White grass lvl 1

1 15 327 15 6 It looks like this was made with some unusual materials
3 17 457 45 6 It looks like this was made with unusual materials.
6 20 652 85 6 It looks like this was made with some rather unusual materials.
9 23 847 155 6 It looks like it was made with rare materials.

Notes: Difficulty Bonus Tiers
Tier 1 (150 TDU): 10 Atk
Tier 2 (400?-450?): 30 Atk
Tier 3 (600?-650?): 80 Atk
Tier 4 (800?): 150 Atk

More research needed to determine what TDU is necessary

Kirbye2006
7 years ago#3
Test 5: Inheritance testing
Part A: Levels
Item being made: Broadsword
Item used in recipe: Iron lvl 9, Broadsword lvl 10 w/ 150 Total levels (made w/ Iron lvl 10 and 14 lvl 10 Toyherb Seeds)
Upgrade Item: Lvl 10 Toyherb seeds

1 19? 2 or 4 5 6 3x Toyherb seeds used in making. Looks like broadsword, has abilities of Broadsword
3 39? 2 or 4 15 6 Matk+5 (Didn't record this)

Part A was cut short because it's obvious that the proposed TLU of level 2 (TLU 29) did not have the Level bonus, while the assumed TLU 39 did
The subcomponents inherited did not influence the TLU

For brevity, Part B was tested same way, but replacing all instances of Toyherb seed with lvl 1 White Grass
The 3x White Grass subcomponents that were inherited did not influence the TDU

More testing needs to be done on difficulty bonuses. Presumably using all lvl 99 materials (if any exist) throughout the creation process will lead to very high difficulty bonuses.

------
That's it for my testing. Here is a summary of the bonuses:

Total Level Bonuses
Tier 1 (30 TLU): 10 Attack, 5 Matk; "The materials used in making it were good quality"
Tier 2 (60 TLU): 25 Attack, 10 Matk; "A lot of good materials were used in making it"
Tier 3 (90 TLU): 70 Attack, 40 Matk; "The materials used in making it were great quality"
Tier 4 (120 TLU): 200 Attack, 180 Matk; "The materials used in making it were almost perfect"
Tier 5 (150 TLU): 700 Attack, 650 Matk; "Incredible! The materials used in making this were all perfect!"

Total Difficulty Bonuses:
Tier 1 (150 TDU): 10 Attack; "It looks like this was made with some unusual materials"
Tier 2 (400-450 TDU): 30 Attack; "It looks like this was made with unusual materials"
Tier 3 (600-650 TDU): 80 Attack; "It looks like it was made with some rather unusual materials"
Tier 4 (800? TDU): 150 Attack; "It looks like it was made with rare materials"
Tier 5+: To be determined

Also to be researched: What the bonuses are (if any) for Crafting armor/accessories

Kirbye2006
7 years ago#4
Well, that's awkward. My copy/pasting of the information messed up the formatting, so it's hard to read/interpret. In general, each number in a table corresponds to the column in the header. I'm not sure what I can do to make the tables clearer.

User Info: Anketam

Anketam
7 years ago#5
Yea it is annoying trying to do tables on this forum. So did you do these tests at 50 forging or something higher? I have gotten similar results while at 99 forging, but others have said they have seen less frequent boosts at lower forging.

Also to get the higher tier for difficulty you have to use only 95+ difficulty items. Also the difficulty range is not as clean cut as the level range. From several different experiments I have done myself I have noticed that two weapons with the same total difficulty used but using different items have different points when they reach the next tier. Like in one case I got it to trigger Tier 1 with only 126 total difficulty used. So I suspect the boost has some other factor being applied.

As for what the total bonuses are:
Tier 5: 300 ATK - 876 TDU
Tier 6: 500 ATK - 972 TDU
Tier 7: 1,000 ATK - 1164 TDU
Tier 8: 2,000 ATK - 1355 TDU
My friend code is: 3909 - 7851 - 5052

Kirbye2006
7 years ago#6
My Forging level for most of these tests was 89 (sometimes leveled to 90 when testing with the high difficulty items).

I didn't report this in the results, but Barrett always included a "This was well made" comment when subcomponents were used in the crafting recipe (as far as I could tell anyways).

User Info: Anketam

Anketam
7 years ago#7
I have a new file atm where I am doing some analysis on crops and their impact on field stats (proving very interesting by the way). She is currently at 30 Forging and it takes her exactly 60 TLU to activate the Tier 1 bonus. My guess is that at some specific point(s) that TLU amount drops and by 90 forging it only takes 30 TLU to trigger the next Tier. I am going to create some broadswords with 59 and 60 TLU and leave them stored somewhere. Once her forging reaches the point that it only takes 30 TLU I will have to see what happens when I try to upgrade those old weapons.
My friend code is: 3909 - 7851 - 5052

Kirbye2006
7 years ago#8
I did some real quick testing on Armor/Accessory bonuses, and here's what I have (with 72 Crafting)

Crafting Station TLU and TDU Tier bonuses
Tier 1 TLU: 6 Def, 5 M.Def
Tier 2 TLU: 15 Def, 12 M.Def
Tier 3 TLU: 36 Def, 28 M.Def
Tier 4 TLU: 180 Def, 170 M.Def
Tier 5 TLU: ??? Def, ??? M.Def

Tier 1 TDU: 3 Def
Tier 2 TDU: 10 Def
Tier 3 TDU: 20 Def
Tier 4 TDU: 50 Def
Tier 5+ TDU: ??? Def

I would say finding the thresholds in Forging/Crafting level required for the TLU/TDU intervals is the next area of research, though that's significantly harder for me to test myself due to me already having relatively high forging/crafting levels.

I would think that it's safe to say Level 50 in the relevant skill is the threshold for making the TLU interval 30.

If you had a TLU interval of 60 at Level 30, then I shall make this hypothesis (which needs to be tested)
Level 1-24: 120 TLU Interval
Level 25-49: 60 TLU Interval
Level 50-99: 30 TLU Interval
Level 100-199: 15 TLU Interval
Level 200-399: 7.5 TLU Interval

It would probably be infeasible to consider the level 1-24 interval though, due to the RP required to even upgrade using high level items (not to mention they would raise the level fairly quickly). But I think it's very possible that as the level range doubles, the TLU Interval halves.

We don't know enough about how the TDU interval is determined to make a hypothesis for that yet.

User Info: HellKnightX

HellKnightX
7 years ago#9
You should seriously consider putting your guides into an FAQ for convenience.
Someday, someone will best me. But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

Kirbye2006
7 years ago#10
Silly me, Level 99 is the cap for Forging. I could have sworn I had heard that there wasn't a level cap somewhere... Oh well, disregard that hypothesis then. I think I got skill level confused with character level or something.

HellKnightX posted...
You should seriously consider putting your guides into an FAQ for convenience.

I've considered it, but A) Some fine details are missing and B) Writing out FAQs isn't exactly my thing.

That being said, I think we have most of the behind-the-scenes mechanics for all of the Processing skills. Forging/Crafting work very similiarly (except Shoes/Accessory Inheritance), Forging/Crafting inheritance has been worked out, Cooking Effects have been partly listed out (mechanics are very clear though). And of course, the Inheritance mechanics have been worked out (which is probably the one that's least clear on the surface).

As far as I am aware, there isn't any sort of hidden mechanic behind Chemistry like there is for Forging/Crafting/Cooking, in that only the level of the ingredients used in Chemistry affect the Effect.
  1. Boards
  2. Rune Factory 4
  3. Forging Bonus Research
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A