• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wonder Boy in Monster World
  3. well wiiware just got this game today

User Info: arstos

arstos
7 years ago#1
wonder if we'll be seeing it soon, i'm interested to see how segas official translation holds up against the fan translation, easily one of my all time favorite games.
PSN: dragonlibrarian plays; Awesomenauts, Skullgirls, SSFIITHDR, SFIII: OE, MVC2, AH3, KoF 94/95/96/XIII

User Info: FilthyScum

FilthyScum
7 years ago#2
Actually, what Wii Virtual Console got the day you posted was Wonder Boy in Monster Land (Arcade) and Monster World IV (Mega Drive), and Monster World IV never had an official English translation. This game is Wonder Boy in Monster World and actually was released in the US and was already available on Wii Virtual Console. By the way, from what I understand, this game also came out on Turbografx CD, but with changed sprites and CD music and is called The Dynastic Hero, which is also available on Wii Virtual Console! All of these games are totally playing (although Monster Land is pretty old and feels like it).

User Info: arstos

arstos
7 years ago#3
somehow my brain was convinced this was monster world IV lol, i blame how convoluted the wonder boy/monster world series is. oh well now it's confirmed to coming to psn with a bunch of other games.
PSN: dragonlibrarian plays; Awesomenauts, Skullgirls, SSFIITHDR, SFIII: OE, MVC2, AH3, KoF 94/95/96/XIII

User Info: FilthyScum

FilthyScum
7 years ago#4
No doubt! I had to look at Wikipedia to make sure I was right before posting :) By the way, if you've never tried it, I highly recommend "Dragon's Curse" for Turbografx-16, which is an excellent game with an excellent soundtrack. Dragon's Curse is a port of Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap, but with improved graphics and sound.

User Info: soul_driven

soul_driven
7 years ago#5
Monster World IV does have a translation http://www.romhacking.net/translations/1276/ Just not an official one before this. But the game has been fully translated for quite some time.
Xbox 360 GT: Elios Kenni

User Info: Godzilla_82

Godzilla_82
7 years ago#6
I'm tempted to get this but....I've never been able to beat the last boss :(. Over 5 years of trying and a no go. Had to youtube the ending. Still a great game...might give this another shot and see if I can earn my ending.
Look at those Monsters!!!-Rebecca Chambers, RE1
  1. Boards
  2. Wonder Boy in Monster World
  3. well wiiware just got this game today
  • Topic Archived