• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. Is this game annoying ...

User Info: BraskasStaff

BraskasStaff
1 year ago#1
or is it just me?

I've tried really getting into this game - I've always liked GTA, and most recently played GTA 4 and in general liked it. I did not complete the game, as there are two motorcycle missions (the one where you chase two biker dudes down the subway, and another one where you chase a dude around town) that I am just not able to complete.

But GTA 5 just seems to … idk it's just annoying. First, there's no Jazz station, unlike GTA4 and I believe all the others.

Cops will light you up for literally no reason, and sometimes getting away from 2 stars is borderline impossible. In GTA 4, there was a mission where you stole a SWAT van (which is super slow) and you had to survive a 4-star cop chase, I completed that mission, and in general consider myself very good at getting away from cops in GTA … and then GTA 5 came around.

Also the mission where Michael smoked a joint in public and then aliens attack? The auto-aim does not work in that mission for reasons passing understanding, and body armor has no benefit in this fight either. I have tried this mission and failed every time.

Am I missing something, or is GTA 5 just a bad game with a pretty face?
Yuna: Lotta fiends here, ya?
Lulu: Don't talk like that.
(edited 1 year ago)

User Info: blackhrt

blackhrt
11 months ago#2
Doing the story missions take a while, get comfortable TC.
Yes there is a mission in grand theft auto V where all 3 characters run into that guy with the drugs. But the mission is optional so you don't have to feel compelled to complete it

There is no jazz station, but there are several different genres to hear than before (or sometimes I just left the radio off if I was going mission to mission; you won't be in the car long enough to listen through a whole song)

Cops will always light you up in any grand theft auto game. if you have at least one star, the cops won't kill you (but they will arrest you & take all of your collected weapons & armor but the fine will less than if you died)
Just like past games, gaining 4 to 5 stars sends the FBI, SWAT & eventually the military after you so survival is not guaranteed through normal means (breaking the law has consequences) >:)
"I live my life 3 videogames at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not my clan and their BS. For those 3 games or less, I'm free."

User Info: ArcPistol

ArcPistol
10 months ago#3

BraskasStaff posted...
sometimes getting away from 2 stars is borderline impossible.

It is not if you know what you're doing. You're just used to GTA IV where cops are a joke before 4 stars.

and in general consider myself very good at getting away from cops in GTA … and then GTA 5 came around.

Maybe you're less good than you think then, and this is coming from someone who is decent at best, so don't mistake this for "pro" or elitist talking.

BraskasStaff
10 months ago#4
I got better as I went along - I was able to figure that out, it's just a completely different mechanic. In previous games, with 1-2 stars, all you needed to do was drive really fast for a while, not get into a crash, and you'd be star-free.

In GTA 5, I was able to loose several 4 & 5 star situations, it's just a different feel.

User Info: Valshier

Valshier
10 months ago#5
For me ever GTA since 3 has gotten technically better but more boring since it is essentially the same game over and over.

User Info: davech1987

davech1987
7 months ago#6
The main differences is the stories and things you can do
I object. That was objectionable

User Info: iemerg_

iemerg_
1 month ago#7
BraskasStaff posted...
or is it just me?

I've tried really getting into this game - I've always liked GTA, and most recently played GTA 4 and in general liked it. I did not complete the game, as there are two motorcycle missions (the one where you chase two biker dudes down the subway, and another one where you chase a dude around town) that I am just not able to complete.

But GTA 5 just seems to … idk it's just annoying. First, there's no Jazz station, unlike GTA4 and I believe all the others.

Cops will light you up for literally no reason, and sometimes getting away from 2 stars is borderline impossible. In GTA 4, there was a mission where you stole a SWAT van (which is super slow) and you had to survive a 4-star cop chase, I completed that mission, and in general consider myself very good at getting away from cops in GTA … and then GTA 5 came around.

Also the mission where Michael smoked a joint in public and then aliens attack? The auto-aim does not work in that mission for reasons passing understanding, and body armor has no benefit in this fight either. I have tried this mission and failed every time.

Am I missing something, or is GTA 5 just a bad game with a pretty face?

GTA is a good game, you're just bad.
7700K@5.0 - 1080 - EVGA 750 - 16GB DDR4 - Z270 ASUS
H100v2 - Evolv ATX - 500GB SAMSUNG SSD - 1TB WD BLACK

BraskasStaff
1 month ago#8
iemerg_ posted...
GTA is a good game, you're just bad.
Nope!

I ended up completing GTA 5 and made my piece with it, but never completed that Michael smoking bud and shooting aliens mission but other then that I was able to complete most missions.

In the future, listen to understand, and not to respond, does that sound fair?
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. Is this game annoying ...
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A