• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. Will this PNY USB drive work ok?

User Info: MrDummy

MrDummy
5 years ago#1
Here is model number:

P-FD16GCOM-GE

Best buy has it on sale for $10, from $30 usual price.

But will it work for this game, all I can find about it is that its a 2.0 Flash drive with 16gigs...

But no transfer speed info?

Thanks,

MrD
Currently Playing: GTA5, Syndicate, GoW: J, DR2 & DmC
(1) 360 + (1) 65" Widescreen HDTV + (1) 5.1 Digital Surround = TRUE LOVE

User Info: etrnalprince

etrnalprince
5 years ago#2
as long as its usb 2/3 and 8+gb it will work.
If you whine, cry, or troll, I'll always be ready to give you something to help, namely my boot grinding your face into the dirt!

User Info: Reel_Big_Mike

Reel_Big_Mike
5 years ago#3
It should work, but who knows for how long. I used to work in procurement for PNY so I can tell you first hand that their products are crap (avoid HP thumb drives too b/c they use PNY components). Spend a little extra money and get a Kingston USB drive or something. It's worth it.
Note to GFAQs mods: You do an absolutely terrible job at modding trolling. Get better at it and give harsher punishments for it.

User Info: Epic_McDude

Epic_McDude
5 years ago#4
SanDisk is fine too. Just don't get the cruzer version. I would say go for the SanDisk Extreme flash drive. It's supposed to be their fastest one.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." -Hunter S. Thompson

MrDummy
5 years ago#5
Ok, thanks I thought since it was a $30 one it might of been good, buy will look for a SanDisk non-cruzer style one today...

Any model numbers would be appreciated...

MrD

User Info: Liquid Snake2

Liquid Snake2
5 years ago#6
PNY flash drives suck
get a SanDisk one, and it doesn't matter if its a Cruzer, I got a 16gb Cruzer blade from Office Depot for $12 and it works fine
"They must find it difficult...those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority."
Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Guneagle01

User Info: PenguinLust

PenguinLust
5 years ago#7
Speed is very important so you need to find specs for any USB drive you're considering. FYI price is usually a good indicator of how fast it is -- the cheaper it is, the slower it is (usually).
Gamertag: Penguin Lust

MrDummy
5 years ago#8
PenguinLust posted...
Speed is very important so you need to find specs for any USB drive you're considering. FYI price is usually a good indicator of how fast it is -- the cheaper it is, the slower it is (usually).

Thanks, that's the problem I'm having, they list size, and if its 2.0 USB but most sites have nothing on speeds...

User Info: StaricNight

StaricNight
5 years ago#9
That is actually the drive I am using and so far it is working fine, I've had the thing for a good 8 months now, no problems with it on the xbox side, the computer side however very rarely detects the thing is even inserted into it so moving music from my computer to the xbox is a pain.

User Info: adamclane99

adamclane99
5 years ago#10
Anyone else using this? Might go pick one up this afternoon.
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. Will this PNY USB drive work ok?
  • Topic Archived