• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. Rockstar and localization...

User Info: andreoni79

andreoni79
5 years ago#1
If you live in Europe, you know that every AAA game is now fully localized with great voice acting. Rockstar only offer us subtitles. Don't you think they should star considering a full translation of their games, at least for the next generation?

User Info: dooyaunastan

dooyaunastan
5 years ago#2
Maybe if their game didn't already cost 265 million then yeah.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. - Harlan Ellison

User Info: Jimdb

Jimdb
5 years ago#3
andreoni79 posted...
If you live in Europe, you know that every AAA game is now fully localized with great voice acting. Rockstar only offer us subtitles. Don't you think they should star considering a full translation of their games, at least for the next generation?

Here in Spain, voice acting in games is rarely well done, usually it sucks and it sucks bad.

Some companies, like bethesda, don't even include the original Voice-over (English) in the Spanish version and we are stuck with half assed work. I'd rather they keep the original voice over and give me subtitles, which I will set to english anyways, than make me play in a very bad quality Spanish Voice-Over.

the ideal case is like what Sony does with it's first party games, they Include absolutely every effing language there is in Europe.
You want bugs go play Lost Planet. This is war boy, no bugs or liberals allowed.
-Nick_GF

andreoni79
5 years ago#4
Maybe they should start considering "Voice acting in a foreign language" as a part of their budget. But they know well that their games will always sell tons of copies even with english voices...

User Info: CruorComa

CruorComa
5 years ago#5
Damn that sucks. The stupid complaints about map size and the like are bad enough for me, but it must be agitating as hell for you guys when you don't even get decent localization.
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?

andreoni79
5 years ago#6
Jimdb posted...
andreoni79 posted...

Here in Spain, voice acting in games is rarely well done, usually it sucks and it sucks bad.

the ideal case is like what Sony does with it's first party games, they Include absolutely every effing language there is in Europe.

Games like GTA and RDR, being so "american" sound even more "original" with english acting. But sometimes you have to stop doing what you're doing in the game just to read a text line... like when someone is talking to you while driving a car during a mission...

User Info: Mutedfaithwi60

Mutedfaithwi60
5 years ago#7
Read faster?
Posted with GameRaven 0.3.25

andreoni79
5 years ago#8
CruorComa posted...
Damn that sucks. The stupid complaints about map size and the like are bad enough for me, but it must be agitating as hell for you guys when you don't even get decent localization.

Obviously I love Rockstar games and I've already preordered GTA 5, but considering how big they are...
Just think of playing Witcher 2 in polish or Assassins Creed 3 in french: you can enjoy the game, but you will lose a big part of the atmosphere...

User Info: Jimdb

Jimdb
5 years ago#9
andreoni79 posted...
Jimdb posted...
andreoni79 posted...

Games like GTA and RDR, being so "american" sound even more "original" with english acting. But sometimes you have to stop doing what you're doing in the game just to read a text line... like when someone is talking to you while driving a car during a mission...

Well, I understand that reading kinda screws with the inmersion. I myself have no problem just listening to the audio.

But yeah, I get what you mean and it sucks.
You want bugs go play Lost Planet. This is war boy, no bugs or liberals allowed.
-Nick_GF

User Info: creep50

creep50
5 years ago#10
Jimdb posted...
andreoni79 posted...

Some companies, like bethesda, don't even include the original Voice-over (English) in the Spanish version

Wait Spain gets their own version of games?? I thought there was only 1 pal version for Europe and than pal 2 for australia
San Andreas > > > > > > > > >Desert Bus > > > > > > > >GTA 4
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. Rockstar and localization...
  • Topic Archived