• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. So how long did gta 5 take to make, 4-5 years or right after gta 4 came out?

User Info: xavieris1984

xavieris1984
7 years ago#1
just curious?

User Info: hellslinger

hellslinger
7 years ago#2
I'm sure they started working out on ideas well before IV came out.
http://i.imgur.com/0nnGT1c.jpg

User Info: Splinter

Splinter
7 years ago#3
They were working on this since just after GTA 2 came out I heard.

xavieris1984
7 years ago#4
no way man not after gta 2 they didnt even have the new engines or anything to workwith back 13 years ago.

User Info: Splinter

Splinter
7 years ago#5
Car engines?

User Info: trenken

trenken
7 years ago#6
No, games dont take 5 years to make. Even MMOs dont take that long and they are FAR bigger than GTA games. Benzies said it was started during the RDR production and ramped up when that was done. So about 2 solid years full on development, preproduction work before that for maybe a year. 2-3 years sounds right to me due to how many people they have working there, which is a hell of a lot. Around 200.
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero

xavieris1984
7 years ago#7
no dude game engine, wow man commonsense.

xavieris1984
7 years ago#8
they had 325 people working on the game with a budget of 237 million, that was released info today on it from muitilple sites.

User Info: trenken

trenken
7 years ago#9
xavieris1984 posted...
they had 325 people working on the game with a budget of 237 million, that was released info today on it from muitilple sites.

They are not all full time R* employees. All game companies use contractors for short stretches when they are hot and heavy in production, then release them.
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. So how long did gta 5 take to make, 4-5 years or right after gta 4 came out?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A