• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. Does anyone know how to fix a scratched disk

User Info: 12thwonder

12thwonder
2 years ago#1
I need to fix it but I wanted to know if there's a way besides going to games top and resurfacing it
Hello

User Info: STG Deathbot

STG Deathbot
2 years ago#2
You can buy resurfacers but they are just temporary fixes. How bad are we talking?
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 4.5GHz | 16GB Samsung RAM DDR3 1600 (11-11-11-28) | eVGA GTX 980 Ti 6GB VRAM | ASUS 27" Monitor @ 2560X1440

User Info: 12thwonder

12thwonder
2 years ago#3
Well it installed fine but when it loads story mode (which I haven't started ) it will stop on one of the moving screens like the one with the blonde on her phone the tips will still go but it won't load I waited for 2 hours and it didn't. I met a guy at gamevault who said that there was a special resurfaceer for newer games. Either way I plan on just getting a new one
Hello

User Info: STG Deathbot

STG Deathbot
2 years ago#4
If it's a new game, you should be able to get a replacement. If you bought it used, most game stores will warranty against scratched discs and they are supposed to check them before selling them. If you bought it from another person, you should always try the game prior to purchasing it - if the game is legit and free from damage, they won't have an issue with you wanting to try it out before buying it.

I'm not sure how much they charge to resurface the disc, but again, that's only a temporary fix and the issues will come back over time. It might be a good idea to just get a new copy. They aren't that expensive if you order online.
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 4.5GHz | 16GB Samsung RAM DDR3 1600 (11-11-11-28) | eVGA GTX 980 Ti 6GB VRAM | ASUS 27" Monitor @ 2560X1440
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. Does anyone know how to fix a scratched disk
  • Topic Archived