• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. How was North Yankton supposed to go down? *spoilers*

User Info: FluffyKidJoe

FluffyKidJoe
6 years ago#1
In one of the cut scenes or in mission dialogue Michael mentions the wrong guy got shot. So was the sniper who hit Mike and Brad supposed to hit Trevor and Brad? Or the original get away driver and Brad? Or just one guy? Or perhaps all three?

User Info: LimaSierra10

LimaSierra10
6 years ago#2
First of all the sniper was actually Dave Norton and the way I figured was that both Trevor and Brad were supposed to go down.
PSN: LimaSierra10
Proud Christian

User Info: Jenzie

Jenzie
6 years ago#3
I believe that the original plan was that Trevor would get (actually) killed, Brad getting arrested and inprisoned while they were faking Michael's death.
However, if you look at the prologue mission it looks like Brad was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time as he stepped in front of Trevor and got shot instead.
PSN: ywola

User Info: calimann83

calimann83
6 years ago#4
Yeah that is how I took it. They were going to take out Trevor because he was to unpredictable and would likely never go fro a deal.
PSN: VipCk

User Info: vivalatour

vivalatour
6 years ago#5
did you see how brad stepped in front of trevor (dave's mistake) and michael was not suppose to get hit , but Dave had to make up for it , trevor left with no money as I seen it ..

User Info: JOKR_bAd_habitz

JOKR_bAd_habitz
6 years ago#6
vivalatour posted...
did you see how brad stepped in front of trevor (dave's mistake) and michael was not suppose to get hit , but Dave had to make up for it , trevor left with no money as I seen it ..

Michael WAS supposed to get hit, that was the plan all along, was to fake his death.

Trevor was meant to die - Too unpredictable, had a chance to actually escape prison (or even before he went) due too his insanity.

Brad was meant to go to prison - he'd be complacent, accepting his fate, thinking M and T were dead, and he would have no chance to get out.

Mike was meant to take a shot to the chest to convince Brad.

User Info: iToro86

iToro86
6 years ago#7
And I guess the driver was supposed to fend for himself.

But what about the train? Was Michael supposed to hit it? Same thing with the roadblock, and the driver getting shot.
PSN: JP86_tb
"Raiden, what's your status?" "Wet and miserable."

User Info: JOKR_bAd_habitz

JOKR_bAd_habitz
6 years ago#8
iToro86 posted...
And I guess the driver was supposed to fend for himself.

But what about the train? Was Michael supposed to hit it? Same thing with the roadblock, and the driver getting shot.

The driver was probably meant to either get caught in the shootout with the cops, or go down with Brad. The roadblock was probably planned, as a way to get Michael (or the driver) to turn towards where Dave was. And Michael hitting the train was probably an accident, but if it didn't happen, it's pretty easy to imagine that Dave could shoot the tire, followed by Michael making it crash, or some other kind of "Plan A," was in line.

FluffyKidJoe
6 years ago#9
if you think about it surely the shoot out with the cops was never supposed to happen.

Surely the FIB wouldn't intentionally have what was it? 12 cops killed just so Mike could become their b****. You've gotta assume they were supposed to get away clean and arrive at the farm without any heat at all.

Even if the FIB didn't care about those cops no one would set it up like that, it brings in way too many variables. They must have been expecting them to make a clean getaway.

FluffyKidJoe
6 years ago#10
Oh, and the two other things.

No one would plan to hit a train.

Either the driver was supposed to be killed/ arrested or he was an FIB agent who was in on it with Mike and Dave. Mike calls him "the kid", I think is being genuine when he says he's worried he might have bailed- there's no good reason for him to lie about that. I'm guessing he was some random dude they were working with for the first time who was supposed to get arrested or killed by Dave.
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. How was North Yankton supposed to go down? *spoilers*
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A