You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. How to make $1.5 BILLION playing the stocks.
(message deleted)
Ok, I finally did it. I will try to help anyone who wants to understands how the save files affect the stocks into the Assassinations.

I was stuck for 2 playthroughs with exactly 50,14% return on Betta Pharm into the first mission "The Hotel Assassination". So I went ahead and was very unconfortable for not getting the maximum ammount of return everyone said was possible. After some time I went back 2 times to try again and actually failed at a point of giving up the game for a lot of unrelated reasons.

Now I came back to the game because I'm staying at home a lot and decided to try GTA V once again, since the other option was Dark Souls (hard AF).

This time I had $3.2mi with Mike, $1m and $500k with Trevor in this last try. I was very careful with the auto-save option and the save slots. I dedicated a slot to every 15%, on a side note this also helped me to clear the Simeon random event, which is a tricky one that most people miss.

So lets cut the crap and get to the steps.

1- Make sure you sleep with Trevor from 12 to 8 AM/PM at any day until you hit Monday 12AM. At the last sleep to hit monday, see below
1.1- Make a save slot with no money invested and the Lester mission available.
2- Disable auto-save
2.1 Put all your phone profiles into "hold" so nobody calls you into any missions during the stock watch
3- Go online
3- Invest all your money with all 3 chars
4- Make another save slot, now with all the afore mentioned steps done
5- Go to the mission and do not fail in any way. Don't die, don't miss, just don't fail!
5.1 If you wanna know, go to the last floor on the parking lot with a bike, park it very close to the wall that is at the hotel side and do a neat jump on the bike(Franklin bagger). Get your sniper and kill the target ASA he is on the screen. Get down, hop on the bike and use the ramp as a getaway from the scene.
6- Lester will call and explain he bought the house. If you did just like me, put a lot of missions on the hold and left only the assassination left, Michael will call after Lester and say he is on the hold to finish the job.
7. Change to Trevor as he is the one who sleeps exactly 12h and sleep twice
8. Check BAWSAQ and TA-DA! 81.33% of return into your investments.

For some reason if you auto-save after the mission or retry it, the game stores as an attempt to maximum profit stock market so you'll lose your 30% rebound at just the beggining of the raise.

How do I know? I failed it, but had the saves. So i quit the game as soon as I saw it was stuck at 50.14% and quit the game instantly. Checked my PS3 storage for GTA 5 and deleted all the saves after the one with no investments and tried once again with no failed attempts and got the maximum rebound.

Good luck, I'll probably not going to reply any messages here unless i need to check something , but if anyone can correct me, feel free. I did this just because I couldn't stand not getting maximum rebound.and I'm sure it'll help a lot of people.

User Info: STG Deathbot

STG Deathbot
3 years ago#433
Yea, I did this about two months ago and just followed the guide in the OP and everything worked just fine. None of that is necessary.
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 4.5GHz | 8GB Samsung RAM DDR3 1600 (11-11-11-28) | eVGA GTX 980 Ti 6GB VRAM | ASUS 27" Monitor @ 2560X1440

User Info: UltraOverlord

UltraOverlord
3 years ago#434
I had Xbox 360 when I used this faq in oct13

Now here I am again in 16 using this while I replay on X1

Props to the tc again
NEW YORK RANGERS
https://destinyexotics.com/u/strik3anywh3r3

UltraOverlord
3 years ago#435
Ok so they've changed the amounts but I ended up with 36 million on each from the last heist. Did all the assassination missions and saved tINKLE random event to the end. All my characters ended up with 1.6 billion each. Still a hefty haul
NEW YORK RANGERS

STG Deathbot
3 years ago#436
They didn't change anything. We established the amount differences long ago. The average that people end up with is around 1.5 billion per character.
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 4.5GHz | 16GB Samsung RAM DDR3 1600 (11-11-11-28) | eVGA GTX 980 Ti 6GB VRAM | ASUS 27" Monitor @ 2560X1440

UltraOverlord
3 years ago#437
yea it was the difference of 550 million but at 1.6 billion on each I have no complains!
NEW YORK RANGERS

User Info: Shaloo7

Shaloo7
3 years ago#438
I figured that in between game through youtube, and then I waited until I finished the game. Followed the steps in the video, and I had $1.5 B in each character's account - bought almost everything, including properties, cars, etc. and still left with over $1.3B in each character's account now.

User Info: Intless

Intless
2 years ago#439
You forgot to invest in Façade (FAC) after the third assassination mission, where you have to kill the driver when he picks up the prostitute. You can get something near 30% of profit after they recover.

STG Deathbot
2 years ago#440
Who forgot?
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 4.5GHz | 16GB Samsung RAM DDR3 1600 (11-11-11-28) | eVGA GTX 980 Ti 6GB VRAM | ASUS 27" Monitor @ 2560X1440
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. How to make $1.5 BILLION playing the stocks.