• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Crown
  3. Patch history changes/notes rought draft guide

User Info: DrLight66

DrLight66
5 years ago#1
To begin yes I know i mispelled "rough" lol in the title :D

I thought I'd create this topic just to gather all official notes into a single thread, seeing as how they are spread out in multiple topics on this board and no other sites seem to have such an archive. If any of these are wrong please let me know and i'll make edits, anyway this is based on what Atlus listed as the changes in each patch. I know that MasterLL and others listed unannounced changes of each patch that could certainly be added to all of this.

This thread i'm making right now is more of a rough draft than anything else, I think it'd be worthwhile to put together a guide of patch changes seeing as how one doesn't exist anywhere, at least not from what I could find. Everything could be compiled and then turned into a new sticky topic so anyone who visits this message board can read up on all of the patch notes of Dragon's Crown.

Official patch notes:

Patch 1.01:
Bug Fixes

Stabilized network connectivity during online gameplay.

New Features

Hidden items can now be uncovered by simply moving the finger cursor over their location.
The item hotkeys can now also be accessed by holding the L1 Button (PS3)/L Button (PS Vita).
Dagger and Bomb items can now be thrown diagonally by pressing Up on the Left Stick + Triangle button.
An option to fix all items at once in your bags has been added to Morgan’s item shop.
In the Options Menu, you can now select the area you wish to be matched in for online play.

Feature Modifications

Arrow drops will increase according to how many Elf characters are in the party.
The visibility of inventory Runes while the player is near the bottom of the screen has been improved.
Other tuning and minor improvements to various gameplay elements were made.

Patch 1.02
Bug Fixes

Improved gameplay stability

New Features

Added an option to join random online games in the Labyrinth of Chaos to the Network Menu.
To enhance player character visibility, a triangular cursor has been added to the bottom of the screen.
Wizard: Charging MP when the MP is already at maximum will cause magic power to increase.

Feature Modifications

(PS3) When playing offline multiplayer games, the story progression will now be saved for all characters.
If a network communication error occurs in online play, the game will now continue in the same stage rather than kicking the player back to town.
Amazon: A successful Parry raises Berserk level by 1.
Amazon: The Necksplitter attack can now be cancelled.
Various Skill effects of all character classes have been adjusted.
Other tuning and minor improvements to various gameplay elements were made.

Patch 1.03:

[Bug Fixes]

Online network connection stability has been improved.

[New Features]

An option to hide the triangular character marker has been added. In the Game Options 2 menu, you can choose to have it displayed for selected characters/all characters/no characters.
An option to display damage values only for controlled characters has been added.

[Feature Modifications]

Amazon/Fighter: Equipment durability takes less damage when guarding.
Amazon: Balance adjustments have been made to the Berserk effect.
Other tuning and minor improvements to various gameplay elements have made.

User Info: DrLight66

DrLight66
5 years ago#2
Patch 1.04:

-Gameplay stability has been stabilized under certain conditions.
-Cross-Play capability has been added to allow matching of online games between users of the Playstation3 and Playstation Vita versions of Dragon's Crown for both cooperative and Versus play.
-An option to Lock items to prevent them from being accidentally sold or deleted has been added.
-An option has been added to Game Options 2 to allow or disable NPC joining.
-Other tuning and minor improvements to various gameplay elements have been made.

Patch 1.05:

Bug Fixes

Gameplay stability is improved.

New Features

Clearing the ninth layer in the Labyrinth of Chaos unlocks a new “Ultimate” difficulty level. This difficulty can be selected at the Temple.
When in Ultimate difficulty, a new randomly generated dungeon named the “Tower of Mirages” is added.
Ultimate difficulty raises the level cap from LV 99 to LV 255.
Item shortcuts can now be assigned and used separately by holding L1 and the Up directional button.
Damage values can now be displayed as a running total instead of per-hit.
To help increase player character visibility, characters can be shown with transparencies when they are on top of one another. This feature is available in the Options menu and can be toggled on or off.
Save files that have cleared Story mode can skip the first quests leading to the Talisman collection when creating a new character.
Guild Quests that have already been cleared may now be skipped in subsequent playthroughs.

Feature Modifications

Character class skills have received a number of adjustments.
NPC behavior has been adjusted.
Rules and effects regarding equipment, items, and skills in the Colosseum have been adjusted.
Other tuning and minor improvements to various gameplay elements have been made.
Camera behavior has been dramatically worsened as it likes to zoom in too much and slowly pans from side to side for no apparent reason =(

Patch 1.06:

*The conditions for changing the element of the Elemental Lore ability has been fixed.

*Certain abnormal effects cause by equipment have been corrected.

*Situations in which online players on a higher floor in some dungeons are being matched to players on a lower floor have been corrected.

*The camera behavior has been modified to provide better (lol?) views. Camera doesn't slowly pan as often or zoom in as much but is still inferior to that of 1.04 and earlier.
Other adjustments and minor improvements(?) to various gameplay elements have been made.

Please be aware that each patch is cumulative.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Crown
  3. Patch history changes/notes rought draft guide
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers