This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. Why the controls of this game feel better than Ultimate's?

User Info: Kimarnic

Kimarnic
5 months ago#1
Maybe it's lag, or less input lag. But man, I miss Sm4sh so much for the controls

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
5 months ago#2
It's the buffering, probably.
"No point in having two characters that are pretty much carbon copies. Am I right?" - Viridi

User Info: Timid_Taguel

Timid_Taguel
5 months ago#3
Joycons suck, for the casuals like me who use them for Ulti. The misinputs I throw out while using them is atrocious.
"What should I put here? Guess I'll just have to ask the voices in my head..."

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
5 months ago#4
Timid_Taguel posted...
Joycons suck, for the casuals like me who use them for Ulti. The misinputs I throw out while using them is atrocious.

Mine work just fine, idk what you're talking about.

Gargomon251 posted...
It's the buffering, probably.
"No point in having two characters that are pretty much carbon copies. Am I right?" - Viridi

User Info: viewmaster_pi

viewmaster_pi
5 months ago#5
Buffering and also just the subtle differences in the mechanics that all add up. I never felt less in control than I do on Ultimate, tbh. I hate it. The frame window for shorthopping is way too strict, too.

User Info: Kimarnic

Kimarnic
5 months ago#6
Gameplay wise it's pretty good, I never blame the speed, but I always end up SDing because of a reversal up-b with Incineroar that never happened in Sma4sh, and it's not my Controller, i've been playing some Mario Tennis and I played without any problems

User Info: blackhrt

blackhrt
4 months ago#7
Kimarnic posted...
Maybe it's lag, or less input lag. But man, I miss Sm4sh so much for the controls

"If you don't believe in the lag, its not real!"-MLPMichael
"I live my life 3 videogames at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not my clan and their BS. For those 3 games or less, I'm free."

User Info: Timid_Taguel

Timid_Taguel
4 months ago#8
Kimarnic posted...
Gameplay wise it's pretty good, I never blame the speed, but I always end up SDing because of a reversal up-b with Incineroar that never happened in Sma4sh, and it's not my Controller, i've been playing some Mario Tennis and I played without any problems

I tend to misinput my up b reversals as well. My neutral b moves a lot too. It's pretty annoying.
"What should I put here? Guess I'll just have to ask the voices in my head..."

User Info: snake_5036

snake_5036
4 months ago#9
Smash 4 has less input lag than Ultimate, so it will feel more responsive even though it's a slower game.
You felt your sins weighing down on your neck.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. Why the controls of this game feel better than Ultimate's?
  • Post New Message