This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. Why did Nintendo give the subtitle the name "for Wii U" rather than..

User Info: MarioShroomed

MarioShroomed
1 month ago#1
Why did Nintendo use such a crappy subtitle rather than something more energetic? Every other iteration had a cool sub except the first which is admissible. Any good ideas for what subtitle would have worked? BTW I never played this one. Never played past Brawl.
Boletaria, Lordran, Drangleic, Yharnam, Lothric

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
1 month ago#2
Same reason as "New" Super Mario Bros, probably.
"No point in having two characters that are pretty much carbon copies. Am I right?" - Viridi

User Info: crs1989

crs1989
1 month ago#3
Perhaps it was so that people would buy the same game twice (on Wii U and 3DS)? I did it.

Gargomon251
1 month ago#4
crs1989 posted...
Perhaps it was so that people would buy the same game twice (on Wii U and 3DS)? I did it.

I did too, but that's not a valid reason. Plenty of games are multiplatform but have the same name. Look at Super Mario Maker.
"No point in having two characters that are pretty much carbon copies. Am I right?" - Viridi

User Info: asiacatdogblue

asiacatdogblue
1 month ago#5
Sakurai stopped caring.

User Info: Cylun

Cylun
3 weeks ago#6
Probably to convey the fact that ssb4 3ds was essentially the complete product, rather than implying that it was a completely separate (and presumably lesser) game.

Imagine if ssb4 was titled "smash Bros burst" and ssb4 3ds was called "smash Bros scuffle." People might wrongly assume they're radically different
Canas123:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ninja Plague:(re: canas 123)I find your lack of faith disturbing
(edited 3 weeks ago)

Gargomon251
3 weeks ago#7
Cylun posted...
Probably to convey the fact that ssb4 3ds was essentially the complete product, rather than implying that it was a completely separate (and presumably lesser) game.

Imagine if ssb4 was titled "smash Bros burst" and ssb4 3ds was called "smash Bros scuffle." People might wrongly assume they're radically different

They didn't need different names at all though
they could have both been called "burst".
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. Why did Nintendo give the subtitle the name "for Wii U" rather than..