This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. Is there any point in playing super smash bros wii u now that ultimate is out?

User Info: buddyboy101

buddyboy101
3 months ago#1
Haven't played the Wii U version, but it seems Ultimate outdid it in every way possible. Is there any reason to check out the Wii U version if I already have the Ultimate game on Switch?

User Info: MikeVicksDogs

MikeVicksDogs
3 months ago#2
Only reason would be if it's too expensive to pay for the Nintendo switch and game, and you could just get the Wii U version for cheap. Otherwise no just go with ultimate. It literally has every single character from every previous version so there is no reason to really play Smash 4 anymore.
LUCKY

User Info: guise-guise

guise-guise
3 months ago#3
- better gameplay mechanics (some of new ones in Ultimate such as 1,2x and 0.85x damage multipliers, balloon knockback, punishing the opposing player for summoning a weak Assist Trophy by gaining a point for KOing the AT, making walking irrelevant by letting you do everything out of dash, inability to pass through opponents are questionable at best),
- better single player content,
- better, free online,
- more unique and fun Final Smashes (Ultimate changed every Final Smash to be a giant nuke, while Smash 4 has FS-es like Landmaster or controllable Wario-Man),
- superior Vault (Stage Builder, Trophies and related modes, Masterpieces),
- character customization outside of one mode.
Just some examples.
The answer? Landorus-T.
Remember the human.
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: greatdimentio

greatdimentio
3 months ago#4
Mods maybe. You can get banned for modding your Switch, not to mention SSB4 Wii U has a lifetime of mods released over the years while Ultimate is only getting started.
When Mario flails his arms he's in trouble. When Bowser flails his arms it's hilarious.
When Luigi flails his arms, run and run far.

User Info: Sunflower-Kid

Sunflower-Kid
3 months ago#5
guise-guise posted...
- better gameplay mechanics (some of new ones in Ultimate such as 1,2x and 0.85x damage multipliers, balloon knockback, punishing the opposing player for summoning a weak Assist Trophy by gaining a point for KOing the AT, making walking irrelevant by letting you do everything out of dash, inability to pass through opponents are questionable at best),
- better, free online,
- more unique and fun Final Smashes (Ultimate changed every Final Smash to be a giant nuke, while Smash 4 has FS-es like Landmaster or controllable Wario-Man),
Just some examples.

lol
3DS FC: 1779-0008-9330
"Life is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind"

User Info: JMPhase

JMPhase
3 months ago#6
Sunflower-Kid posted...
guise-guise posted...
- better, free online,
Just some examples.

lol

"better single player content"

User Info: Spoopyscary

Spoopyscary
3 months ago#7
I'm f***ing dying at the fact that someone things Smash 4 has single player content worth discussing, even 64 did this s*** better
Susie Fan Club: https://discord.gg/GbNBEYd

User Info: guise-guise

guise-guise
3 months ago#8
Spoopyscary posted...
I'm f***ing dying at the fact that someone things Smash 4 has single player content worth discussing, even 64 did this s*** better

People love to hate on Smash Tour, but Smash 4's single player content is really underrated IMO. You have event mode, 2 event-like modes (both Orders), whole bunch of Stadium and Stadium-like modes, the best Classic mode in the series behind 3DSmash's. That's definitely better than 64.
The answer? Landorus-T.
Remember the human.

User Info: creativeme

creativeme
3 months ago#9
1. you have the wii u version and don't have a switch yet.
2. you like the gameplay of the wii u better or just like it enough to go back to playing it.

ultimate did change up a lot of the characters. at first glance they still look pretty similar but it's enough of a change that bayonetta went from being broken in smash 4 to not broken anymore. so if you wanna play as broken bayonetta then smash 4 is good for that.

i was just gonna stick my wii u in storage. i just bought mario kart 8 deluxe so no need to go back to the wii u one anymore. i'm not gonna buy skyward sword again so that's probably the only reason i would hook up my wii u again. i still have some games on it i never played but don't really see me getting around to them when so much is coming out on ps4 and switch and i still have a bunch of ps4 games i need to play.

User Info: Spoopyscary

Spoopyscary
3 months ago#10
guise-guise posted...
Spoopyscary posted...

People love to hate on Smash Tour, but Smash 4's single player content is really underrated IMO. You have event mode, 2 event-like modes (both Orders), whole bunch of Stadium and Stadium-like modes, the best Classic mode in the series behind 3DSmash's. That's definitely better than 64.

I agree with most of those, but this is NOT a classic mode. The whole point of it is being a throwback to the original singleplayer mode, hence the name "classic."
Susie Fan Club: https://discord.gg/GbNBEYd
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. Is there any point in playing super smash bros wii u now that ultimate is out?