This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I think that Bowser Jr.'s Koopaling alts were incorrectly ordered on the CSS.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. I think that Bowser Jr.'s Koopaling alts were incorrectly ordered on the CSS.

User Info: MasterPeteDiddy

MasterPeteDiddy
6 months ago#1
So in Super Mario Bros. 3, the first appearance of the Koopalings, they go in the order of:

Larry > Morton > Wendy > Iggy > Roy >Lemmy >Ludwig.

Different games have shuffled this order around, to the point where few games use the same ordering system and most games switch things up. For example although this order has also been used in a couple of other games, the order used in Super Mario World (along with Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga and what would have been used in Super Princess Peach) was:

Iggy > Morton > Lemmy > Ludwig > Roy > Wendy > Larry.

For another example in Paper Mario: Color Splash the order is:

Morton > Iggy > Ludwig > Wendy > Larry > Lemmy > Roy.

So far we've seen Morton swapped to every possible place at one point in time or another, and Wendy has yet to start or finish the list in any game. Iggy's yet to be 3rd, Roy's yet to be 3rd or 4th, Lemmy's yet to be 5th, and Ludwig has also not started the list in any game either, etc.

In both Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, sorting your trophies either by series or by category will list the Koopalings in the order:

Larry > Morton > Wendy > Iggy > Roy >Lemmy >Ludwig.

For both games, they use the order originally introduced in the Koopaling's debut appearance in Super Mario Bros. 3. But also in both games, the order used on the character select is slightly different:

Larry > Roy > Wendy > Iggy > Morton >Lemmy >Ludwig.

For some reason, Roy and Morton are switched here. When you cycle through Bowser Jr.'s alts in order, it otherwise matches the same order from SMB3 exactly. Ironically, Roy and Morton were the ONLY Koopalings whose places didn't move around from SMB3 to Super Mario World. (Roy is also the only playable character in the Super Smash Bros. series to share his name with another playable character in the series, but you all already knew that.)

So what's my point? Nothing, really, I just found it interesting while I was looking at these characters and studying a bit about the orders that they'll show up in. I did a bunch of research and made a bunch of charts and at the end of the day I think that this was just a small oversight that the developers didn't notice. I'm pretty certain that this was just a mistake, and I haven't seen anyone else point it out yet so I figured I'd share. Hopefully maybe someone else finds this of interest too!

User Info: maro_man

maro_man
6 months ago#2
I’m glad I’m not the only one who is annoyed by this.
My Smash Bros 5 roster: https://imgur.com/P6TduOl

User Info: Nuffinz0rz

Nuffinz0rz
5 months ago#3
maro_man posted...
I’m glad I’m not the only one who is annoyed by this.
"We moderate based on personal opinion and our current emotional state." -Tyrasibion

User Info: DKU_Arich

DKU_Arich
5 months ago#4
You'd think someone would have noticed. Interesting, though. Nice topic.
3DS friend code = 2320-7567-3830

User Info: MasterPeteDiddy

MasterPeteDiddy
5 months ago#5
Thank you!
Current Smash 6 dream roster: https://i.imgur.com/fats9ya.png

User Info: xyzlactic

xyzlactic
5 months ago#6
This! I thot I was the only one who was annoyed by the changes lol
Homosexual Hipster of Smash Bros and Pokemon X and Y boards. G.A.Y = Good At Yugioh. Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xyzlactic

User Info: fuzi11

fuzi11
4 months ago#7
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa6fbOF3x8M
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. I think that Bowser Jr.'s Koopaling alts were incorrectly ordered on the CSS.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived