This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rate this Smash 5 Roster

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. Rate this Smash 5 Roster

User Info: Supersonic_Pain

Supersonic_Pain
5 months ago#11
NewDonker posted...
* = Clone
** = Semiclone
Bold = Newcomer
Italic = Cut Returning
Code = Reworked Moveset
(More Details at bottom)
Row 1
1. Mario
2. Luigi

3. Peach
4. Toad
5. Bowser
6. Yoshi
7. Bowser
8. Bowser Jr.
9. Waluigi
10. Wario
11. Donkey Kong
12. Diddy Kong
13. Dixie Kong**
14. King K. Rool

15. Mr. Game&Watch
Row 2
1. Link
2. Zelda
3. Sheik
4. Gannondorf
5. Toon Link**

6. Samus
7. Zero Suit Samus
8. Ridley
9. Pit
10. Palutena
11. Marth
12. Ike
13. Robin
14. Cecila
15. Little Mac
Row 3
1. Duck Hunt
2. Kirby
3. King Dedede
4. Meta Knight
5. Bandana Dee
6. Fox
7. Falco*
8. Wolf**
9. Pikachu
10. Charizard
11. Jigglypuff
12. Mewtwo
13. Tyranitar
14. Lucario
15. Decidueye
Row 4
1. R.O.B.
2. Ness
3. Lucas**
4. Captain Falcon
5. Samurai Goroh*
6. Villager
7. Isabelle
8. Olimar
9. Alph**
10. Wii Fit Trainer
11. Shulk
11. Elma (Xenoblade)
12. Inkling
13.Spring-Man

14. Ice Climbers
Row 5
1. Banjo-Kazooie
2. Pac-Man
3. Mega Man
4. Sonic
5. Snake
6. Cloud
7. Lara Croft
8. Bayonetta
9. Mii Brawler
10. Mii Swordfighter
11. Mii Gunner
12. Mii Mage
13. Mii Gamer

14. [Random]
Revamped Movesets:
Mario: F.L.U.D.D. is replaced with Cappy
Luigi: Moveset is changed to be his own fully pretty much
Gannondorf: Made into his own full character finally
Toon Link: Moveset changed to include stuff from Wind Waker
Olimar: Changed back to 5 Pikmin, moveset more like Brawl, and moveset also changed to be more representing of Pikmin 1 & 2
New Clones and Semi-Clones:
Dixie Kong: Semi-clone of Diddy. Only so much you can do with a chimpanzee
Samurai Goroh: Inherits Gannondorf's old Moveset, but with some swords thrown in Attacks and Aerials
Alph: Represents more Pikmin 3 than 1 & 2
New Characters as Alternate Costumes:
Mario: Dr.Mario
Peach: Daisy
Pit: Dark Pit
Samus: Dark Samus
Marth: Lucina
Meta Knight: Galacta Knight
Olimar: Louie
Pac-Man: Ms.Pac-Man
Other Notes:
Mii Gamer is baed around games that Miis are playable in so, like Wii Sports, Wii Play, etc.
If you Xenoblade fans want someone else, let me know. I think Elma is the one, but I'm not sure.

My thoughts:
I think Lara would probably be the ideal 2nd Square rep, but she's been a PS girl and then only switched to Microsoft, but never touched Nintendo for the most part. Still cool though. Alm would be better than Celica. The fact that you misspelled Celica adds to my point. Mii Gamer would be cool, although Wii Music is the only non-Sports game I want represented as a Mii. Samurai Goroh should be above a semi-clone, he would be totally different. I don't think Animal Crossing deserves a second rep yet when there are phenomenal series that haven't gotten characters. Tyranitar, why? I mean, Gen 3 and Gen 5 have never had a character. I think Dixie and Diddy should have a tag system a la DKC 2. If not, then I think Dixie and Kiddy Kong would be cool.
A signature is something needed only for the ones that have something worthwhile to sign.

User Info: NewDonker

NewDonker
5 months ago#12
@Supersonic_Pain
1. I figured that the girl would be unique than the guy, idk I've never really played Fire Emblem
2 Samurai Goroh was really just a way to keep Ganondorf's playstyle while being able to give Ganondorf a better moveset. F-Zero's not really popular enough to warrant another unique rep anyways IMO
3. While that may be true, it's Nintendo's 4th best selling franchise so it deserves more than one rep.
4. All Gen 2 has had is Pichu, an inferior in every way straight up clone of Pikachu that's just a baby form of a gen 1 pokemon that has and probably never will return. And after Gen 1, Gen 2's most popular (atleast by sales)
5. While I don't think that would be good anyways, that ship sailed back in Brawl, and Kiddy's too obsuce nowadays, only appearing in the least popular DKC game some 20 years ago. The only other Kongs that would really ever warrant a spot on the smash roster would be Cranky and maybe Funky
~~I'll be your 1-up girl!*~~
*Am actually male

User Info: Oil_Panic

Oil_Panic
5 months ago#13
Mostly OK, but I don't like the idea of current clones being made back into costumes. All three of them in Smash 4 provide alternate playstyles that others like. The little time it took to make them also makes it easier to squeeze them in. Lucina in particular is popular enough that she could possibly be decloned a bit.

I say this as someone who dislikes Dr. Mario being his own character: At this point, he should stay his own thing.
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
- God-like being, Futurama

User Info: Supersonic_Pain

Supersonic_Pain
5 months ago#14
NewDonker posted...
@Supersonic_Pain
1. I figured that the girl would be unique than the guy, idk I've never really played Fire Emblem
2 Samurai Goroh was really just a way to keep Ganondorf's playstyle while being able to give Ganondorf a better moveset. F-Zero's not really popular enough to warrant another unique rep anyways IMO
3. While that may be true, it's Nintendo's 4th best selling franchise so it deserves more than one rep.
4. All Gen 2 has had is Pichu, an inferior in every way straight up clone of Pikachu that's just a baby form of a gen 1 pokemon that has and probably never will return. And after Gen 1, Gen 2's most popular (atleast by sales)
5. While I don't think that would be good anyways, that ship sailed back in Brawl, and Kiddy's too obsuce nowadays, only appearing in the least popular DKC game some 20 years ago. The only other Kongs that would really ever warrant a spot on the smash roster would be Cranky and maybe Funky

1. Ok, that's fair, but I still think Alm would be better.
2. Blood Falcon and Black Shadow would be better choices for clones, SG being wasted as a clone is a sin.
3. Animal Crossing is 13th (behind Super Mario, Pokemon, Wii, Mario Kart, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Mario Party, Smash, Kirby, Mario Sports, Brain Age, and Nintendogs), so technically, Dr. Kawashima and Nintendog deserve to be in more.
4. I thought Tyranitar was from Gen 4, so that's my knowledge of Pokemon, so that's a bit more understandable, but there's probably some Gen 2 rep that's better.
5.I would love Funky Kong, and I kind of agree, it's just that Kiddy Kong would be a bonus and everyone on the internet should be focusing on Dixie Kong being in, not Kiddy being in as well. Also, I just want to mention this, but according to 1001 video games you must play before you die, DKC3 is the best, which is UTTER LIES.
A signature is something needed only for the ones that have something worthwhile to sign.

User Info: FantasyFreak999

FantasyFreak999
5 months ago#15
I was going to give it a higher grade, but then I saw even more Miis. I already hate that there are 3 of them, and I have no clue what "Mii Gamer" even is, so it went all the way down to a 6.
Meh. Yadda Yadda Yadda
3DS FC: 3265-5634-7751

User Info: barrabaCHHS

barrabaCHHS
5 months ago#16
You cut Rosalina AND Greninja.

Go ***** ***** and **** **** you ********
Switch Friend code SW-1447-3440-8035
South Park for Switch petition https://www.change.org/p/ubisoft-bring-the-south-park-games-to-nintendo-switch

User Info: CuboidSphere

CuboidSphere
5 months ago#17
Pretty good, needs about 17 more Fire Emblem characters and Ivysaur (just Ivysaur) and it's perfect.
My FC is 4141-3668-4883, 3ds name is Jordan.

User Info: CerealKing

CerealKing
5 months ago#18
How did you miss Shovel Knight? He is an obvious shoe.in for Smash and his exclusion is baffling for sure. Shovel Knight is garenteed for Smash Bros for Nintendo Switch.

User Info: Supernat98

Supernat98
5 months ago#19
It would be perfect if it didn't have Dixie Kong.
My beautiful queen, Tana! <3
http://imgur.com/Z3fPkJU

User Info: quintonshark163

quintonshark163
5 months ago#20
his cuts:
Rosalina
Greninja
Roy
Ryu
Lucina
Dr. Mario
Dark Pit

the latter 3 are alts (FYI)
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. Rate this Smash 5 Roster

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived