This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think any of the Original 12 will ever be cut?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. Do you think any of the Original 12 will ever be cut?

User Info: Duncanwii

Duncanwii
4 months ago#1
And if so who is most in danger of the chopping block?
My dream has finally come true. I own a SNES Classic.
I like Gardevoir, just not in that way.

User Info: xxdudeyy

xxdudeyy
4 months ago#2
In terms of how prevalent they have been in their own series in the last decade.

I say Captain Falcon and Ness.
Gday

User Info: albertojz356

albertojz356
4 months ago#3
Marth is honored for being the first. Why isn’t Ninten?
Here we go, off the rails.

User Info: Pitaya

Pitaya
4 months ago#4
Jigglypuff. Dead as Mother and F-Zero are, Ness and Falcon are still the most recognizable characters from their respective franchises. Jigglypuff, meanwhile, is just one out of several hundred critters that hasn't really stood out in any way for over a decade.
I solemnly swear that I aim to misbehave.

User Info: NewDonker

NewDonker
4 months ago#5
Pitaya posted...
Jigglypuff. Dead as Mother and F-Zero are, Ness and Falcon are still the most recognizable characters from their respective franchises. Jigglypuff, meanwhile, is just one out of several hundred critters that hasn't really stood out in any way for over a decade.

This.
Mario, Luigi, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Link, Pikachu, and Samus are famous without smash,
Kirby is famous from his franchise and from being very easy to use, also "HI!"
Fox is famous from Star Fox and from being the best character in Melee.
Ness is famous for "PK FIRE!" "OKAY!" etc.
Captain Falcon is famous "FALCON PUNCH!" "SHOW ME YOUR MOVES!" etc.
That leaves Jigglypuff. While she's been in Pokemon for all the games, so has 150 others. Hundreds more have been in most. There's nothing notable about her, she doesn't have any quotes, isn't easy to play, and is the worst character in the game. In ssb64 and ssbm she was a good choice, but now? Not so much.
~~I'll be your 1-up girl!*~~
*Am actually male

User Info: Oil_Panic

Oil_Panic
4 months ago#6
At this point, none will probably be cut.

However, in Brawl, Jigglypuff was dangerously close to being cut, being one of the few that just barely made it (along with Wolf and Toon Link. Note how they're the last ones to be unlocked, and have no role in the story at all). If the game wasn't delayed to add Sonic, she may very well have been cut.
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
- God-like being, Futurama

User Info: YoshiDB

YoshiDB
4 months ago#7
Pitaya posted...
"Now you're playing with Power!"

User Info: WerewolfKirbyy

WerewolfKirbyy
4 months ago#8
Only Jigglypuff is in any danger, and fans would probably save her. I'd have said Ness back in Brawl times but since Lucas was demoted to DLC, replacing Ness just won't happen. Falcon is enough of a unique character where he's safe even if F-zero is dead. He can eventually be considered retro.

Even if Jigglypuff got cut, I think fan backlash would get her back as DLC
When one door closes, choose a nearby wall and bash it in with brute force!

User Info: ThatAnvil

ThatAnvil
4 months ago#9
Nope.
"Who uses smh to mean shaking my head?" - Garglemon
A dragon never yields.

User Info: Pharaoh

Pharaoh
4 months ago#10
If anyone is most likely it's Ness. He's in 1 game (the 2nd in the series mind you); from a series that was finished long ago and has absolutely no plans to continue (unless they decide to rerelease the series in an HD trilogy or something), but aside from that he's also been considered to be replaced 3x (including in this game) by Lucas; luckily he's managed to survive all 3...but in time he'll likely become more obscure and his games forgotten.

Falcon is also risky but if his series gets revived then he should be in good.

Jigglypuff; while not the most favorable Pokemon, is well known and a good representative of the normal (maybe even fairy) typing and is quite relevant with how popular the series is...but it could definitely be replaced by the hundreds of other countless Pokémon.

Of course I definitely don't want any of the og12 ever replaced; them's who are most likely though.
Doesn't matter if you are atheist or not, if you call to Jesus with a humble mind He will answer you.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. Do you think any of the Original 12 will ever be cut?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived