This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. Rate This Moveset (Back again) Masked Man

User Info: MrSirDrProf_sma

MrSirDrProf_sma
3 years ago#1
Rate how much you like this moveset. - Results (9 votes)
44.44% (4 votes)
11.11% (1 vote)
11.11% (1 vote)
11.11% (1 vote)
11.11% (1 vote)
11.11% (1 vote)
0% (0 votes)
0% (0 votes)
0% (0 votes)
0% (0 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Previous polls.
1- http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/73435370
2- http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/73439262

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=HN.608054459019822051&pid=15.1&P=0

The Masked Man is a mysterious character who debuts during the final scene of the fifth chapter of Mother 3, he is the secondary antagonist of Mother 3. He is the only other person besides Lucas capable of removing the seven Needles.

Pretty heavy for his size do to all his robotic parts. He attacks with lightning, a sword, an arm cannon and some PSI powers; he also has the ability to destroy PSI Shields and use mechanical wings to fly away.

-Stats-
Attack: 7.5/10
AtkSpd: 5.5/10
MovSpd: 6.5
Weight: 7/10
Height: 4.5/10

-Standard Attacks-

Neutral Combo: First he'll back hand then do a horizontal slash before firing a short ranged energy burst.

Side Tilt: He does multiple quick stabs forward.

Up Tilt: He fires a shot from his arm cannon straight up.

Down Tilt: He swings his sword down.

Dash Attack: He does a spinning electrical slash.

-Smash Attacks-

Side Smash: He charges up and and fires a mid ranged a laser shot. (similar to Megaman's) It deals 20% dmg.

Up Smash: He holds his sword up and fires a mid reanged lighting ball up, it stops moving about 5ft. away, and deals multiple weak hits before exploding. It deals upto 22% dmg.

Down Smash: He drops a small but powerful bomb on the ground that detonates sfter 3 seconds or if a opponent touches it, or he can detonate it remotely. It deals 24% dmg.

-Air Attacks-

Neutral Air: He releases a electric field around himself to damage nearby opponents.

Forward Air: He does a forward spinning stab.

Back Air: He does a backwards kick that ends with a small firey burst.

Up Air: He fires small mid ranged laser upwards.

Down Air: He does a electrified falling stab. It can cause meteor smash, but if he misses over a pit he's likely to ko himself.

-Grabs-

Pummel: He fires small lasers point blank.

Forward Throw: He throws his opponent ahead and fires a volley of small lasers.

Back Throw: He throws his opponent behind him and quickly turns and does a slash with his sword.

Up Throw: He throws his opponent up and creates a very small bolt of lighting.

Down Throw: He slams his opponent on the ground with alot of force.

-Specials-

Neutral Special:PK Love Alpha, Beta, Omega- A move that grows in size and strength depending how long it's charged. Similar to Ness's PK Flash but he charges before firing it. The charge can't be held like Samus's charge beam but It stronger. No charge deals 10% half charged deals 20% and fully charged deals 30%.

Side Special: Shield Crush- He does a slow but powerful stab attack that can easily break shields. It deals explosive damage on breaking a shield rather then stunning opponents. It deals 20%.

Up Special: Rocket Wings- A purely recovery based move where he opens up his wings and propels himself quickly in any direction you aim. He travels about 6ft.

Down Special: Intense Lighting- A chargable move where he holds out his sword and generates a powerful blast of electricity just ahead. At weakest it deals 18% at its strongest it deals 36%.

Final Smash: The Seventh Needle!-
The Masked Man is surrounded by dark energy. (1/5 of FD's size) Everyone caught in it goes to a cutscene where he stands before the final needle once he pulls it out it creates a massive blast of energy that will damage and send all caught opponents flying. Deals 56% damage.
R.I.P. Mr.Iwata you will be missed dearly.
FC:3823-8825-0484 IGN:Scott

MrSirDrProf_sma
3 years ago#2
-Other-

Entry: Flies in from the background with his wings.

Up Taunt: He holds his fist up and radiates a electric aura.

Side Taunt: He stomps a foot and waves his hand forward.

Down Taunt: He crosses his arms and looks uninterested.

Win1: He holds up his sword and summons a bolt of lighting.

Win2: He takes off his helmet and acts like he's looking for someone...

Win3: He's surrounded by members of the Pigmask Army.

Lose: He sits on the ground looking confused as if he's not sure where he is.

User Info: PK_Water

PK_Water
3 years ago#3
I clicked here thinking "YES, but he better mention the bomb and jetpack."
Bomb is in, jetpack isnt. But since I like you, Masked Man and this moveset, 9/10!
Nothing with a sunflower? Like, couldnt he just look at a sunflower for his lose? But, I am probably TOO MUCH of a MOTHER fan who wont take what he has.
Also its Shield KILLER, not Crush.
In the land of SmashFAQs, you have friendly allies (including me), corrupted trolls, the obsessed...
And the villainious Daisy Empire, the enemy. Fight them.

MrSirDrProf_sma
3 years ago#4
Sorry. >.<

User Info: SkittySaysMeow

SkittySaysMeow
3 years ago#5
Excellent set for my second most wanted- great job TC!
i think you could cover the jetpack thing nicely by just giving him multiple jumps. Idk how many, but a few.
And yeah, it's Shield Killer, but that's fine.
Honorary advocate for #BooForSmash!
Lucas, Ness, Peach, MK, Corn, Jiggly | Q-Bee + Lilith | Cammy, Karin, Decapre | Ammy/Morri/Vergil, Morri/Dorm/Shuma

User Info: Alpharos3236

Alpharos3236
3 years ago#6
victory pose #2 is a huge spoiler. Like PK_Water said, if you want something emotional, go for sunflowers instead. Also, 6ft range on the up b is less than Samus's height, so basically worst recovery in the game. Taunts seem a bit edgy. Other than those, though, I'd say it looks good. do Duster next
Ampharos!
Games I've gotten a good amount into then mysteriously stopped: Xenoblade Chronicles, PSMD, DKC:TF, ALBW, Wind Waker, EBB

User Info: SkittySaysMeow

SkittySaysMeow
3 years ago#7
Alpharos3236 posted...
victory pose #2 is a huge spoiler. Like PK_Water said, if you want something emotional, go for sunflowers instead. Also, 6ft range on the up b is less than Samus's height, so basically worst recovery in the game. Taunts seem a bit edgy. Other than those, though, I'd say it looks good. do Duster next

Wasn't Sheik/Zelda transformation pretty massive? And trophies are basically spoilers galore. Sakurai doesn't really seem to care about spoilers.

It's worth noting that Masked Man would probably attract a lot of younger kids to MOTHER. "omg so cool" - every kid ever
Honorary advocate for #BooForSmash!
Lucas, Ness, Peach, MK, Corn, Jiggly | Q-Bee + Lilith | Cammy, Karin, Decapre | Ammy/Morri/Vergil, Morri/Dorm/Shuma

User Info: xXgarchompxX

xXgarchompxX
3 years ago#8
Victory Pose #2 is... quite the spoiler.

Final Smash too... But Lucas can get away with pulling a needle in his victory pose so, that's OK.

But seriously, if he took off his helmet, he would reveal that he is Claus. And Lucas also has a Claus-inspired alternate costume.
Number of topics that killed baby manatees : 161
How am I supposed to punish Ike's side smash?? - Epic_Manky (9/10/15)|#Donotsexualizethesmol - Sophos-Z (16/2)

User Info: xXgarchompxX

xXgarchompxX
3 years ago#9
@Skitty

MASSIVE SPOILERS

Sheik: Is the transformation Zelda takes to hide from Ganon
Teaches you the warping songs

Masked Man: Is secretly your dead brother
Is brought back to life
Is revealed to be Claus late-game
Is the main villain that's actually noteworthy

The difference is Sheik isn't nearly as important as Masked Man due to one being the final boss
Number of topics that killed baby manatees : 161
How am I supposed to punish Ike's side smash?? - Epic_Manky (9/10/15)|#Donotsexualizethesmol - Sophos-Z (16/2)

MrSirDrProf_sma
3 years ago#10
xXgarchompxX posted...
@Skitty

MASSIVE SPOILERS

Sheik: Is the transformation Zelda takes to hide from Ganon
Teaches you the warping songs

Masked Man: Is secretly your dead brother
Is brought back to life
Is revealed to be Claus late-game
Is the main villain that's actually noteworthy

The difference is Sheik isn't nearly as important as Masked Man due to one being the final boss

Ah... Point taken...
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. Rate This Moveset (Back again) Masked Man
  • Topic Archived