The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. How did Mewtwo and Lucas take 6+ months?

User Info: reaverz

reaverz
4 years ago#21
Remember how before the Direct, Mewtwo by himself was taking 6 months? It turned out Lucas was being developed as well. And if a new DLC character is revealed a few months from now, then that character is now being developed alongside Lucas (and maybe even alongside Mewtwo for at least a short period of time).

This is not to mention the new modes and functions to be available in the future, as well as the Mii Fighter costume packs. We just don't know enough to make the sort of conclusion you have made, TC.
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]

User Info: CuterChihuahua2

CuterChihuahua2
4 years ago#22
The work rhythm of the Smash team really is puzzling. Normally I would find a way to hate on kid icarus but sakurai already dropped 100% of his effort in filling smash with kid icarus content as much as he could, so I don't see what took him so long. Probably he has been playing kid icarus uprising non stop since smash released.... considering that Smash 4 is pretty much uprising 2, I can't blame him for not noticing the difference....

But yeah, I would like a thorough explanation of how the smash team is using its time, it really is mind boggling.

User Info: Puppyfaic

Puppyfaic
4 years ago#23
Mewtwo
Lucas
Miiverse
Tournament Mode
All the extra Mii outfits

I can believe 6 months of work.
3DS FC: 0216 1295 1824 - Luke | NNID: Puppyluvv

User Info: MedicalGamer

MedicalGamer
4 years ago#24
Making a character isn't the hard part..but it does take a while.

Hell it took Capcom some time to make Ryu, their flagship fighting character.
UMVC3: Wright/Dante/Ammy Melee:Marth TTT2: Asuka/Alissa
Proud supporter of Lucina in SSB4. Also a guy who plays yugioh.

User Info: MeepleLardicle

MeepleLardicle
4 years ago#25
As was noted, Smash 4 Mewtwo looks like Melee Mewtwo in the sense that they both look like *gasp* Mewtwo! Doesn't mean the same model.

Lucas is the same deal compared to his Brawl counterpart.

Unlike Ike or Marth who have changed designs over games (Marth using his Shadow Dragon/New Mystery Design over his classic one, and Ike using Radiant Dawn over Path of Radiance), Mewtwo and Lucas have only one design so they're going to look the same in every game they appear in. It's the subtitles that will change, like how detailed and advanced the model looks.

Really though...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7wf_ZIQ8rs

This video highlights how it's not the same Mewtwo model; Gamexplain has a Lucas one as well to highlight the differences there. I'll grant Lucas is more similar than Mewtwo, but only because Brawl is graphically superior to Melee, so the jump isn't as big.
www.rpgdl.com
The site Meeple argues at for too much of his life!

User Info: Ace-of-Clubs

Ace-of-Clubs
4 years ago#26
Balancing. Remember how Mewtwo was total garbage in Melee? It'd be nice to make sure that a boatload of pre-release playtesting is done to prevent that from happening again.
8/29/14: Shulk confirmed for Smash Bros!
"I've always found that the best way to fix a stupid society is by ranting on the internet." - MonadAlvis

User Info: Prismsblade

Prismsblade
4 years ago#27
Do people seriously think its possible to just copy/paste and "update" old models from a previous title over a decade old? Come on folks.
3DS FC:1693-0799-0030 Name: Kaizer
PSN: Blackkaizer

User Info: dreamian

dreamian
4 years ago#28
Sakurai didn't add them because then he would've missed a golden opportunity to make more money out of this game.

User Info: rampardosrules

rampardosrules
4 years ago#29
What kinda question is that. Animation alone is a slow-paced procedure, and requires lots of time and dedication.
To put you in perspective, let's look at an animated show like Family Guy, which despite the occasional eye candy has piss-poor animation and directing. One episode takes between 6 and 9 months to complete.
Add to that all the programming, damage asserting, and most of all balancing Mewtwo against other characters and you got yourself a handful.
"Oh, you mean the definition nobody used until they wanted to make excuses for Nintendo?"
Jonaqq on March 21st as the start of Spring/Mewtwo butthurt

User Info: MoMonay

MoMonay
4 years ago#30
MinerZonian posted...
Reminder: Sakurai is working on more than just two characters in Smash.

Tourney Mode
Miiverse Stage
etc.

I love how TC completely ignored this comment cause it made too much sense.
I do extremely rare pokemon giveaways now and then but only to members that deserve one
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. How did Mewtwo and Lucas take 6+ months?
  • Topic Archived